“Highs & Lows” 4 of 5 stars

Weekend offer of $ 199
Ranked #23 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
“Highs & Lows”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

The hotel is situated perfectly for me as I travel to Nairobi for business, so it is close to the airport & the office, you want to avoid traffic in Nairobi!
The food is fantastic and the new private dining room is fantastic and the food/service in the private dining room is excuisite! An absolute treat & high!
The reception service is not the greatest, it is slow, incorrect credit cards are refunded (???) and you often have to explain your request a couple of times.
My room rate was excluding breakfast and I found it totally ridiculous to pay KSh3000 (US$35) for a full breakfast, continental breakfast was ok at KSh1400 (US$16).

Room Tip: I had a room facing the road construction, but had no noise issues at night. It might be better to g...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
I thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our culinary experience apart form the service delivery at the reception. We will address this right away.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Nice and comfortable hotel. Very well designed. Great food. Nice view from the restaurant and terrace, makes you forget that you are in a big city. Convenient for airport but quite far from town. Construction works were going on next door. It did not disturb, but may change the setting.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

Its always a pleasure to hear from a satisfied guest.

We do however apologise on the roads work which is soon coming to coompletion.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I was there for lunch and the food is super amazing but it took too long. The view to the park was great and the wine was fabulous though the waiter brought the wrong order :(.

I wish there was a way you could have a warmer at the terrace.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

I am pleased to learn that you had a pleasant experience apart from the delayed order for which we do sincerely apologise.

This issue will be addressed right away.

We look forwarsd to welcoming you back.
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I booked a day room here, after finding that we had 10 hours to kill. Ole-Sereni is a short ride to JKIA ($25USD) and sits conveniently overlooking Nairboi National Park. What a beautiful hotel this is - we ate outside on the terrace, and were really, really pleased with the food. You can't beat the view! The entire bar/restaurant area has great atmosphere, great background music and the service is above par. The rooms are nice, nothing to complain about here. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
I sincerely thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

I am glad to learn that you had a memorable experience.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I had a business lunch at the Big 5 restaurant. The service was wonderful and the food even more delicious. I enjoyed the view of the national park, which is quite a unique experience. I will most certainly return and would recommend this restaurant to anyone willing to enjoy an unordinary experience in a city filled with traffic and congestion.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed the offerings and ambiance of 'Big Five' restaurant.

Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We had a 5 hour wait for our 23.30 BA flight to the UK so rather than hang about the awful airport friends recommended that we take a taxi & have dinner at the Ole Sereni. It's only a 20 minute trip & well worth it. We sat outside on the terrace overlooking the Nairobi national park & enjoyed a meal of giant prawns & fish.

The prawns were excellent, the fish rather disappointing. As a result, we weren't charged for the fish & were given a complimentary platter of fresh fruit. Service was excellent & this is a great way to while away a few hours.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

I am pleased to learn that you had a pleasant experience.

Tokyo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed for one night. My room was park view and I could see some animals from my window! Or I could drink a beer with view of giraffes or buffaloes at the terrace on the second floor. If you don't have enough time to go around for safari, this hotel gives you at least safari view. The restaurant on the 5th floor was cozy and luxury. It was more than I expected!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

I am very delighted to learn that your stay was pleasant and even more delighted to know that you spotted game in the Park.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi? Share your experiences!