I learned about the hotel from friends in the US that stayed there during their honeymoon. From an architectural design perspective, I was impressed since I was born in Kenya and have been to several hotels there, I liked how this was modern with African elements and using green design as compared to other luxury hotels I've been to.
I'd booked a room for my 10th wedding annivery but cancelled via email way ahead in order to avoid getting charged. I still got charged 4 days before I was due to check in. I emailed the Reservation Officer who forwarded my request to someone else to handle it. I received an email saying that the charges would be reverted back. But they never did!
I called the hotel and spoke to 1 person who said they'd verify my information after I'd forwarded them previous email correspondence. She promised to call me back in 5 minutes, I didn't here from her. After 20 minutes, I called back and was told this person had left for the day. Then I explained my situation to another person, she said they had the emails but they needed to wait until the original manager came back to work. By then I had a family medical emergency and needed a room for my father before he could be checked into Aga Khan hospistal to see a specialist. I was told by the reservation manager on duty that I'd preferred to use the payment for a room at the hotel since they'd already charged me. She (Catherine) explained to me that the original charge was only a hold. I told her that that's not the case because my bank distingueshes holds and charges differently, however I'd wait and see after my father's stay to make sure that it was adjusted correctly.
Once my father checked out, I was billed AGAIN. I've sent emails requesting my bill to be corrected and I haven't heard from anyone. I've delt with 6 people about this issue and even had to show up in person to deal with it. It would be nice to have someone actually follow through and do something right. I've seen similar complaints about double billing, I would hope the hotel has someone that verifies entries and ensures good customer service.
- Also Known As:
- Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi Hotel
- Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ole Sereni is a premium wildlife resort strategically located just off the Mombasa road overlooking the Nairobi National Game Park. Centrally positioned between the international airport and the city center, this is the only hotel bordering the wilds of the National Park. Ole Sereni offers all comforts and services to the business as well as leisure travelers and enjoys proximity to the central business district, international organizations, financial institutions, government offices and industrial area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.