This hotel is not Not Relaxing or particularly pleasant by any Hotel standards. Whether staying on holiday or business there are some key and very basic factors that let the hotel down, to save a long description they are listed below:
Noisy main Air Conditioning fans right over the pool area
Incessant "house" music by the pool.. a bit crass when overlooking the serenity of a National park!
Outside catering area for "Special Nights" located right under first floor rooms, so clattering with tables and set up during the afternoon, clattering of diners, shouts and laughters all evening, then clattering and shouting of staff clearing away at 02:30
Early morning 06:30 hotel staff making incredible noise dragging breakfast tables and gas heaters into position for breakfast time.
Doors to the rooms are not sound proof so during your "relaxing" day you will be constantly listening to the vacuum cleaner of the people servicing the rooms and the clattering and banging of the cleaning trolley...very noisy.
Gymasium charges hotel guests for use of the steam room after using the Gym- no notice posted of this and then they ask for 20 USD !
At the bottom of the stairs of the fire exit it is stacked with chairs and...yes, a propane gas cylinder!!
The Big Five restuarant is understaffed, you will always have to flag some one down to get a Tea or Coffee with the breakfast...and ...the T-pot dribbles, this annoys me more than anything :-)
The menus are big pieces of cardboard handed to you, old, grubby,dirty and sticky..puts you off your food and not hygienic.
The "Show and Cook" open kitchen is okay but what you get is the horrendous noise and view of the staff washing dishes and cutlery which is directly open to the dining area... not my idea of "Style" and pleasant dining ...
Food is not particularly imaginative or particularly tasty from the menu in the main restaurant. Generally lacklustre service in the restaurant and has a "rushed & unclean" feel, just doesn't feel professional.
Rooms are okay if you overlook the park and not the road construction side, my bathroom extract fan didn't switch off, very noisy,- safe didn't work, shower is weak- you have to lean back to get it to spray on your head, beds are very hard-buts that's a preference I suppose- but a good hotel would provide a medium bed to more satisfy everyone.
There are power lines marring the view to the game park, not the hotels fault but people should be aware of what they will actually get to see.
The hotel has a few plus sides, good breakfast, well equipped gym (but with terrible music), close to the airport and close to the industrial factories for work. Staff are all friendly enough but just don't seem to be keen and on the ball.
A place you would be happy to stay for a night or two on holiday just passing through so you wouldn't notice the shortcomings. Good management could make the place better, spark up the staff, improve responsiveness and cleanliness in the restaurant, pay attention to noise pollution from cleaners, staff, hotel processes and especially unnecessary and bad music .....right next to a game park...maybe that's why the animals don't come near ?????
I travel and work from hotels all the time, I believe this to be an accurate review- I do not pay for my visits to hotels so I am not biased by being "out of pocket" or "ripped off"- I like purely to reflect the reality in comparison to what is "Sold" in the advertising. Everyone has different likes and dislikes and can make their own choices. This is what I think.
- Also Known As:
- Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi Hotel
- Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ole Sereni is a premium wildlife resort strategically located just off the Mombasa road overlooking the Nairobi National Game Park. Centrally positioned between the international airport and the city center, this is the only hotel bordering the wilds of the National Park. Ole Sereni offers all comforts and services to the business as well as leisure travelers and enjoys proximity to the central business district, international organizations, financial institutions, government offices and industrial area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, Tingo, HotelsClick, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.