A 3-day work conference allowed me to take in so much of what makes this hotel beautiful. The location is close to the airport, but more important, overlooks a vast expanse of Kenyan savannah. The restaurant and bar both share a long balcony running the length of the hotel allowing beautiful views. The food selection is a nice and the food is deliciously fresh - breakfast is a particular treat.
The conference facilities were very nice although the audio system had some hiccups. The rooms are well ventilated and lit, and the breaks outside in a small garden were delicious and nicely presented.
My room faced the Mombasa Road side of the property but I can imagine the other side of the hotel offers breathtaking views from the rooms. The swimming pool offers the same breathtaking views and is heated which is a plus during the cool nights of June/July. It's almost too small for laps but as long as no one else is using it, the pool is passable. The gym is quite well-equipped (if a little stuffy in the afternoons) and has knowledgeable staff; the "boom-boom" music gets old quickly but on request the gym staff lowered the volume. The hotel staff is polite, attentive, cheerful.
I had the same experience as another reviewer with the hotel's taxi service. The hotel wanted $40 for a ride that costs $18 with other taxi companies, and they wanted $70 for two passengers. The driver was quite good - polite and knowledgeable. But the car's air-conditioning didn't work. Best to call a different taxi company.
Several of my colleagues and I noticed on two different occasions young women who appeared to be escorts, hanging around in the hotel lobby or bar. Perhaps the hotel cannot entirely control who sits in their lobby, but that seemed out of place in a hotel that otherwise is very classy, if over-priced in some areas.
- Also Known As:
- Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi Hotel
- Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ole Sereni is a premium wildlife resort strategically located just off the Mombasa road overlooking the Nairobi National Game Park. Centrally positioned between the international airport and the city center, this is the only hotel bordering the wilds of the National Park. Ole Sereni offers all comforts and services to the business as well as leisure travelers and enjoys proximity to the central business district, international organizations, financial institutions, government offices and industrial area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Tingo, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.