“Great view, good location, poor management” 3 of 5 stars

Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Mombasa Road, Nairobi 00500, Kenya   |
Ranked #23 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
Panama City, Panama
“Great view, good location, poor management”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I just checked out from the Hotel. The food was really good, staff was nice, the view is really nice. The bad side: two nights in a row the hotel management decided to move furniture between 1:00am and 5:00. This resulted in two sleepless nights. They accepted they were making noise and did not paid any attention. The problem of the hotel is the lack of flexibility of the managers. Another problem is the overpriced transportation services (up to 3 times market price). I took one of their transportation services no a/c and overpaid. In general the place is nice, but needs to revise its policies and management style

• Stayed June 2013
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us your constructive feedback.

My sincere apologies on the incovenience you faced during your stay. It is our prime focus that all our guests enjoy the finest of comforts but I see that we failed to offer the same to you.

I have taken note of your concerns on the Travel Desk service pricing and I will address it.

May we request you to consider our services again during your future travels to this part of the world with an assurance that your stay experience will be of superior quality.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Wonderfull view of the savana from this exclusive hotel. All is fantastic: the staff, the terrace bar and the pool overlooking the savana, the cosy african chic rooms, the lobby, the shop and the food... Wow ... À real paradise to start and end your safari

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us your postitive feedback.

I am truly pleased that you found our property and its amenities to your liking.

A True African hotel in every aspect.

I look forward to welcoming you back.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Well, I must say that ole sereni is one little secret joint I have discovered. The location is execellent, has fantastic set up and above all a warm and hospital staff. I always enjoy my evenings there and to maximaze my benefits, I decided to joint the gourmet club membership. The food is great and services is fantastic. My son is in love with the place and he looks forward to a weekly visit, especially on Sunday's to play after lunch. I watch all my manchster united matches here. No wonder we won.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Mr. Sjadrack,

I sincerely thank you for taking time to give us your postitive feedback.

Ole-Sereni is truly a local hotel with a global approach and I am pleased to learn that you are one of our loyal customers. Gourmet Club is truly a one of a kind loyalty profram and it delivers great benefits.

To keep you posted, we are celebrating Fathers Day on 16th June (Sunday) and we recommend you to bring in your family to enjoy this event.

Once agin, I thank you for sharing yoru views and look forward to having you with us.
Cheltenham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We read in the in-flight magazine on the plane that William and Kate stayed here on route to Mount Kenya where he proposed, so if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for us. We also saw an actor from the soap Eastenders staying here. Popular stop over hotel on route elsewhere, as only five minutes or so to the airport. We were on the way to Amboseli national park. This hotel is literally on the edge of Nairobi national park and if you're luck you can see the animals from the terrace whilst having breakfast. Good service etc.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

I am truly pleased that you decided to choose us based on the reviews.

We hope your stay was memorable and look forward to welcoming you back.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I honstly stayed at Ole - Sereni Hotel by chance as I could not find other reservation but to my surprise .. it was wonderful and the hotel design was fantastic .. I recommend this Ole - Sereni Hotel to anyone wither it is for business or pleasure. Thanks & Regards

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

I am truly pleased that your stay was pleasant and we look forward to having you with us.
Pune, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a very luxurious business hotel located at the rim of Nairobi Park and close to the airport. We were offered room on the second floor facing the park. We could spot no animals at all. Breakfast was good. Free Wi-Fi is available in the room.

Room Tip: Get park facing room on higher floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Sighting of animals is quiet frequent from our hotel and its sad to learn that you didnt spot any.

I am sure your future stays will address this gap.

We look forward to welcoming you back.
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel lies between Nairobi town and the airport. As such it is a good place for travellers and business. The rooms are a bit tired and not verŷ well insulated so you might get woken up by flight crews coming in or out. However, the National Park is what makes this hotel special. You can sit having breakfast, dinner or lunch watching animals walking in the park or simply enjoy a view that few if any other city hotels have.

Room Tip: Definitely pick a park view room. The other side is just too dreary.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We thank you for taking timeto give us your comments.

I have taken ito account your suggestions on the room and we are in the process of addressing our rooms interiors.

I can assure you that your future stays will see a pleasant change in our hardware.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi? Share your experiences!