“We had a good stay at the ole sereni hotel” 5 of 5 stars

You added Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi to your Saves list
Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Mombasa Road, Nairobi 00500, Kenya   |
Ranked #23 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
“We had a good stay at the ole sereni hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Very kind employees
Good rooms
Nice view
Good food also a lot of choice
Nice terrace
A lot of animals to see when you are lucky, we were.
Good gym
if you have laundry they can wash it and iron it
The hotel is not a cheap hotel but it's worth your money

Because the traffic is terrible its one hour drive to the centre thats only 9 km away. traffic is terrible everywhere. Hotel is next to the airport so you will be there in 20 minutes

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

I am truly pleased to learn that your stay was up-to your expectations and it will be our constant endeavour to better it.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Stockport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We only stayed here for one night, reception was a bit of a worry, we were part of a tour group, first they 'lost' a passport, and then they tried to put me in a room with a member of the group that wasn't my wife, I thought you paid extra for that kind of service. The room was on the first floor, second if your from the USA, and was affected by noise from the restaurant and bar down stairs and then by the cleaners at 6 in the morning. The room was quite spacious, although the bed was very hard and the bathroom door was made of glass, which I didn't like, somethings I do are still private! The food was very good with very very large portions. Breakfast was excellent with a mix of African and Asian dishes

Room Tip: Avoid low floor rooms, they can be noisy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us your sincere feedback.

Our sincerest of apoligies for not living up-to your expectations. I can understand how frustrating it can be to not see the check-in procedures happen swiftly.

We have taken your review very seriously and will ensure this does not happen in future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This hotel is strange in that the public areas are really beautiful and modern and in perfect condition whereas the rooms look quite old and scruffy and the mattresses are very uncomfortable. The food is nice but be prepared for pretty slow service. The pool area is lovely. Not sure it is worth the money but I had a perfectly pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Ms. Katie,

Thank you for taking time to give us your sincere feedback.

Your stay wasnot upto to your expectations incertain areas which we regret to learn.

Please note that we taken account of our shortcomings / service lapses and we will address it right away.

Biarritz, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I recently held a short conference at Ole Sereni and I must say that the entire team was fantastic; professional, courteous, helpful, and very friendly.

Everyone we met went out of their way to make sure that all of the participant's needs were met. On the final day when I realized that a guest was having a birthday I asked the restaurant staff to help me with a surprise. They looked high and low to find a bottle of sparkling apple juice (even though I had given them the easy out of using soda water and juice) because I said that it would be a better surprise. I selected a few mini cakes and they didn't want to let me leave without making sure that they were nicely arranged on the plate.

Excellent customer service!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the park. I didn't see any animals, but it's a nice view to wake up to...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
I thank you for taking time to share your positive Conference experience.

We believe that we are in the business of creating delights for our customers and I am pleased to learn that we achived it in our experience.

We lookforward to having you with us soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

i have been to this hotel for over a year, the staff are high class trained and attentive to detail and caring. I had a pleasant stay whenever i checkin , the interior design is breath taking lwith the latest patterns and colours, lts a magical and luxurious hotel. i will definitely recommend all guests from all walks of life to experience its pleasure

Room Tip: choose a room facing the beautiful Nairobi national park. It is unique in the world.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
I sincerely thank you for sharing your positive stay experience.

It is truly overwhelming to learn that we achieved your expectations and our goal is to continuously enhance our guests experince.

Once agin, I thank you for your choosing Ole-Sereni and we look forward to welcoming you back.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Hotel is nice and staff are friendly. the hotel is located close to the airport and Nairobi national park. The rooms are nicely decorated but the beds are very hard.

Although it is convenient for airline crew that it is close to the airport, I would recommend staying downtown if you are staying for a longer period.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your stay experince.

I am pleased to know that your stay was a pleasant and we look forward to having you with us soon.
Milton Keynes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel is good for the airport and overlooks the national park which is great. The room was excellent, clean and had good facilities. The food in the restaurant was really nice. The gym does the job and I had a nice massage.

Now, the service! Check in took absolutely ages for no apparent reason but the service in the restaurant was the worst I have experienced ever, and it was consistently poor throughout the 5 nights I stayed there. On one occasion after waiting an hour for food we just gave up, the wrong food arrived on numerous occasions, it often took 20 minutes or longer for drinks and that's if they ever arrived. I appreciate I was in Kenya but I felt shocked by how bad it was which is such a shame as everything else was good and the food, when it arrived, was lovely, especially the lamb shank!

Room Tip: Overlooking the national park but not over the bar/restaurant
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

I sincerely regret the service lapses you faced on continuous basis. Ole-Sereni surely does not stand for this level of service delivery.

I have taken up your feedback with the team in the most strict manner and we assure that our future visits will not encounter it.

May we request you to recondier our services during your futre travels to Nairobi.

We loo forward to having you with us soon.

Been to Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi? Share your experiences!