“Top notch experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
Atlanta, Georgia
“Top notch experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've stayed at this property a few times (my last stay was Dec 12, 2012) and I must say every stay has been nothing short of excellent. The location is great; it's close to the airport which means you avoid the nightmarish Nairobi traffic; it is also a gated property and does not sit on the main road which made me feel safe. The staff is super friendly; everyone from the driver who met me at the airport, the receptionists at check-in, the gentlemen who assisted me with my baggage after a long flight. The food in the restaurant is delicious (I've only tried vegetarian options and have never been disappointed), and the portions are generous. The internet signal is really strong in the main areas of the hotel, and pretty good in the rooms. The rooms are nicely appointed and modern, although I have to admit the beds are very firm. I would like to say thank you to 2 exceptional managers (both named Shadrack), who ensured that I was comfortable and that all of my needs were met during my visit. Lastly, the gift shop is really nice, I bought a pair of a high quality leather sandals with intricate Masai beadwork. I hope in the future the gift shop will accept American Express (at present they do not). I will continue to stay at this property when traveling to Nairobi; I love the modern vibe and feel of the Ole Sereni and look forward to seeing everyone again on my next visit (Jan 2013!).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Ms. Kaydee,

Thank you so much for your very positive comments. I truly heartening to know that we have made your stay a memorable one.

I will surely pass your sentiments down to every team member especially the Shadrack's!!!!.

I have taken note of your recommendations and we will act on it right away.

Once again, thank you for sharing your views and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Wish you Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

493 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
nairobi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

My wife and I spent the night at the hotel since I had a complimentary night stay at the hotel courtesy of the hotel's Gourmet Club programme. The room and bathroom were clean and had great decor. The bed was large and comfortable and the linen was clean too. The room was quiet and the staff were courteous and eager to help. We went for dinner at 10pm and were disappointed to find the kitchen had closed and were not doing dishes off the menu. Rather we had order dishes that were somewhat generic (fish and chips etc). Also, the staff atbthe restaurant seemed overwhelmed and service was sparse althought there weren't that many people dining. Perhaps the management can look into extending the time the kitchen stays open to maybe 11pm for folks who want a heartier meal and better manage the tables for diners. The tv in my room had some very unclear reception of most channels and the options of channels to watch were few to say tyhe least.

Beyond that, we had a very pleasant stay and will definately be returning again. We would definately recommend the hotel, especially for tourists on a layover in Nairobi as it is approximately 15minutes from the airport.

PS: Kudos to the Ole Sereni Gourmet Club for providing great incentive to visit the hotels.

• Stayed December 2012
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Mr. Rienye,

Thank you so much for taking time to give us your feedback.

I have taken stock of your comments on the restaurant service timings to be extended and other related areas. Please be assured that we will address it right away.

We assure that your future experinces with us will be more delightful.

Once agin, I thank you for patronising Ole-Sereni and sharing your views.

We wish you Happy Holidays
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Ole - Sereni is a rare mutation between location and service. The hotel is next to Nairobi national park if you are a nature lover like me the sight of Animals will definately make you feel out of the world. I have stayed here for 3 weeks and unlike most places the food here never bored me. The staff here are very generious and the GM Mr.Ghulam Samdani really knows how to make a guest feel comfortable. Holidays or Business I will definately recommend this place. - Bhaskar Kumar

Room Tip: try 4th floor facing the national park
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Mr. Bhaskar,

Thank you so much for taking time to give us your feedback.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back and wish you Happy Holidays.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

A friend and I stayed at the Ole Sereni and had a wonderful time! The staff were very friendly and helpful. The view from the Watering Hole overlooks Nairobi National Park is beautiful and the perfect place to enjoy a cold Tusker after a long day of sight-seeing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you so much for taking to give us your feedback.

I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant experience. It is our constant endeavor to provide the finest of services to our guests.

We look forward to having you back with us.

We will keep the Tuskers chilled:)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here one night in transit from Tanzania home to Australia. Great location, speedy and safe airport transfers.
Main issue included the very loud party that the hotel hosted which carried on until 3am and the paper thin walls that did nothing to block out the noise. Not the restful night we'd hoped for.

Also air conditioning broken, mini bar empty, mosquitos in room.
Not a big deal but not worth the cost for one night. On the plus side delicious breakfast, nice gym and good wifi in public areas.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Ms. Georgia,

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback which I sincerely appreciate.

Our profound apoligies on the noise pollution you faced and the absence of minibar amenties in your room.

I agree with you that you failed to realise your moneys worth.

May I assure you that your furture stays will encounter far superior service standards and I hope you will give us an opportunity to showcase it.

Once again, thank you for sharing your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Bagshot, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

A wonderful hotel, the staff always go out of their way to be helpful.
The food is excellent, especially the buffets and great value for money.
The gym is wonderful and the massage after a real treat!
The only slight negative for me is that there is no bath only a shower although it is a walk in shower that is easily big enough for 2!
The hotel is set on the edge of a game reserve with the restaurant and pool areas in prime viewing position and the introduction of a new watering hole should mean more animals to watch.
Well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the park.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mr. Nicola,

Thank you so much for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

I am delighted to learn that your stay was a pleasant one especially the Health Club facilities. We are however considering the option of installing a bath tub.

I am sure in your future visist, you will see a refreshing change.

Once again, thank you for sharing your views and we hope to see you soon.
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We were staying here at the end of our safari for one night and had a flight in the morning, so the proximity to the airport was great.

The hotel itself was great. When we arrived there was some confusion with our booking but they went out of their way to sort it out and get us a room. We did not have a room facing the National Park, which would have been great, but it was clean and well presented with nice touches, like the beautiful animal photos.

The restaurant food was delicious, good value and best of all the tables had a view over the Nairobi National Park.

There was free internet available in the business centre for guests.Even though it is close to the main road, you do not hear traffic noise.

There is not alot else around the hotel, but if you are there to just staying there to be close to the airport then it is a great spot.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view over the National Park
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mr. Kyle,

Thank you so much for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

I sincerely appreciate it.

I promise you will have the best room facing the National park during your future visits:)

Once agina, I thank you for sharing your experience at Ole-Sereni and look forward to having you back with us.

Been to Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi? Share your experiences!