We had stayed on 3 separate nights in Ole Sereni, at the end of September 2012. The hotel is great for an overnight or short stay, however as the rooms are small, it would not be ideal for a longer visit.
The location of the hotel is ideal for onward travelling, it is about halfway between the International airport and Wilson Airport. If you not going into down town Nairobi, best to stay outside as the traffic can be horrendous, 2 hrs for a couple of miles of journey.
We first arrived in the evening from Heathrow, with a morning flight to catch from Wilson to Mara, the second time, we booked in lunchtime after returning from Mara, with a morning flight to catch from the International airport to Zanzibar. Finally another evening arrival from Zanzibar and returning following night to UK. The staff was at all time very friendly and helpful. For our final day we have arranged a late booking out from the hotel at 6 pm, so we could relax and meet up with some friends for lunch.
The decoration of the hotel is beautiful. The terrace overlooking the National park is great place to eat, drink or just chill out. There is an outdoor swimming pool, which looks inviting, however we did not had time to try it out.
As I mentioned the rooms are on the small side, but they where very clean, and tastefully decorated. There is a mini bar with free mineral water, tea and coffee making facilities and a safe. Also shampoo, soap and shower gel provided and a hair-dryer. We stayed 2 nights in rooms facing the National park. This rooms are a bit larger and more expensive, but the view of the park is great and we have seen giraffes, zebras and ostriches before getting dressed in the morning. Also the bathrooms have baths, instead of just shower cubicles. The rooms overlooking Mombasa Road are decorated same as the park view ones, slightly smaller and only showers.
We had 3 breakfasts, 2 dinners and buffet lunch in the hotel and both the service and the quality of food was excellent. The shop is well priced and we have bought some items for bringing home as presents.
All in all, it is a very good hotel, and would stay again. Already recommended it to friends who are going to stay there next year.
- Also Known As:
- Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi Hotel
- Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ole Sereni is a premium wildlife resort strategically located just off the Mombasa road overlooking the Nairobi National Game Park. Centrally positioned between the international airport and the city center, this is the only hotel bordering the wilds of the National Park. Ole Sereni offers all comforts and services to the business as well as leisure travelers and enjoys proximity to the central business district, international organizations, financial institutions, government offices and industrial area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.