“Smart artistic meets real Africa with class” 4 of 5 stars

You added Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi to your Saves list
Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Mombasa Road, Nairobi 00500, Kenya   |
Ranked #23 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
“Smart artistic meets real Africa with class”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Very smart trendy hotel set on the side of the national park, vast views of the game park with an animal watering hole yards from your seat, early morning folk have a good chance of seeing wildlife from your window! The staff are very happy and friendly, the hotel is in very very good condition no fantastic condition, very close to the airport, small but nice pool area, the room I had was of average size with nice amenitys, large shower, with hints of african art around the room, the restaurant is a good size with lovely open plan kitchen, great priced great quality food, great for business travellers wanting to chill before a flight and even for a few days break away to relax in this very nice chilled out smart hotel!

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Munich, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I was forced to stay here when my plane to Europe was cancelled, meaning an unexpected extra night in Nairobi. Arriving at 3 am isn't the best of things - the reception is hard to find and no one was around, but the staff are very friendly and the resataurant has a wonderful view over the National Park. The food is good too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Nairobi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My Bf took me there two weeks ago for my birthday..was a bit skeptical at first (i dont know why..). Entered the lobby and a smile carved out on my face...walked up the stairs and through the bar/restaurant (m not sure what it was)..fantastic aroma wafted gently,tickling my nose hairs(yeah yeah..we girls have tiny tiny nose hair).
Strolled to the pool...smile reduced a bit by the size of the pool..I am not sure it can handle more than 3 people at a go..
Walked to the terrace..by now, my face was aching and my teeth were dry from all the smiling..beautiful view!!!!so serene..(maybe Sereni).
Ordered a long Island iced tea..not "long" glass wise but the taste hit the right spot.
Food was delicious..some buttered and creamed crushed potato..mmmhh...and beef.
Another glass of long Island while they floated lit candles on the water nearby...
did not get to go to the rooms but i imagine they are just as nice.
BTW, the bathrooms smelled as good as i did..so i spritzed perfume on my neck and re-joined my bf.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

It was really an enjoyable experience to stay at Ole Serenity. The locationlocation, hospitality, courtesy all were excellent. Foremost was cooperative and caring attitude of front office manger Mr Kuljeet who made us feel at home. We would like to come back again soon. And also recommend to my friends and colleagues. Great experience.
Rajesh Kumar room 206

• Stayed July 2012
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This place was insanely overpriced for the services received. Here's a list of where they went wrong (and I preface this with the fact that I'm not a "needy" traveler by any means. I can usually make anything work - but this place was so expensive, therefore my expectations were high):

1. You arrive on the bottom level, and check-in is on the second floor on the opposite end of where you are. Absolutely no one helped us find the check-in - someone pointed in the general direction of where we needed to go, while watching us struggle up the stairs with giant packs and bags.

2. Room was NOT a triple room. We had this guaranteed up front - we had two beds and a rickety old cot. We paid for three beds - in their defense, they did bring up a third actual bed for us... eventually. We also only had 2 sets of everything - 2 towels, two cups, two washcloths, two pillows, etc. It took hours to get a third set of everything.

3. The service in the restaurant was unbelievably slow - it took almost two hours for LUNCH - 3 sandwiches, 2 hours? It wasn't even full in the restaurant! The service in general was just terrible.

4. Pool is pretty, but fairly small - and there's TONS of room for lots of chairs, but there were about 8 chairs total for the entire hotel.

5. I had laundry done - mistake. It was SO expensive - and to boot, they delivered someone else's laundry to my room, and mine was missing. It took 3 phone calls and 2 trips to the front desk to get it sorted out. Annoying.

6. The safe in the room didn't work. Every time we called, someone said "someone is coming" - no one ever came. In the course of two days, we called over 7 times, and even went downstairs. Every time - same story - "the technician is going to your room now" - to this day, I'll bet that safe still doesn't work.

7. Voicemail doesn't work at all. My Kenyan friend was trying to call me, and even SHE couldn't get through. She tried calling the front desk, and it was like pulling teeth for her to even leave me a message. She was furious - and she wasn't even staying there! When I finally was able to get through to her, the call kept getting dropped.

8. We needed an iron and ironing board - we called 3 times to get one brought up to the room. Each time we were told something different. "It's on its way" or "We will bring it up to you now" or my favorite, "well, we can't just go into your room and leave it there so you'll have to wait there and not leave" - but they were able to get in there to give us a bed... and clean it... so... not sure why this was the case. Eventually, we went downstairs and asked the Concierge. She said she'd have them bring it up - we told her we would wait, and they could just bring it to us down in the lobby since we didn't think they'd actually show up.

9. Shower was completely broken - the system would just pop and then the shower would stop and go back to the bathtub. We made it work since we could tell their service was lacking and didn't want to deal with them.

10. I ordered dinner and got the completely wrong dish. The workers insisted this is what I had ordered, and when I promised them it was not, they said "oh well your friends must have ordered it"... well, they hadn't, so we made them take it back and give me my actual order. After an hour, I got the correct order. To boot - BOTH meals were on the bill. It took another unpleasant exchange to have that rectified.

11. All three of our keys stopped working during our stay at one point or another. Reception seemed annoyed and said it was our fault.

Oh man, I could go on and on about how you shouldn't stay here. Anyway, it was a horrible experience, and I don't recommend it. Yeah, there's a view, but that doesn't make up for the constant annoyance.

Room Tip: Just stay elsewhere - I've heard that new ones are popping up that are better priced and just as...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Every thing about this hotel is very cleverly put together, i do not have any faults, who ever put this together and designed it is very clever, any one that has any faults about it must be a person that moans about things, the staff are very obliging and the porter Patrick is a porter who likes to please you, with high standards will recommend this hotel to many of my business friends in England My room was a very delightful room and every thing in it is what I wanted its like being at my home. The restaurant again is very clean and well thought out, the food was great. Excellent!The open kitchen is fantastic, and very very clean, well spread out with detailed food, in the evening the kitchen gives you a B|Q effect.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Radnor, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We were only using the hotel room as a "dayroom", but I was wishing it was for longer. The room was beautiful!!!!!! The hotel itself is gorgeous. Our tour guide Agoi from Affable Tours planned for us to have a dayroom as a comfortable way to relax for the day (very close to the airport) before our evening flight out of Nairobi. We could nap, shower, eat... all in this cool hotel. It was the perfect ending to an spectacular adventure! Thanks again Agoi for an unforgettable adventure.

Room Tip: Make sure to leave enough time to eat. The restaurant service is pleasant and relaxed. Nobody is i...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi? Share your experiences!