“Our stay May 2012” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 129 Hotels in Nairobi
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Our stay May 2012”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Booking in seemed to take forever, but the staff did try to help.
The room, 322, had a good view over the National Park towards the water hole. However unlike Sweetwater this has no lighting so once it is dark there is little to see.
The room is above the terrace so some noise does drift up to you, but it's not too bad.
Second best room we had on our Safari, and better than the noisy one we stopped at originally, plus it is very handy for the airport.
Yes, as a stop-over it was good.

Room Tip: Room 322, was ok for us.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Hotel looking onto the National Park, some rooms overlook the national park ait far and you will be lucky to spot some wild animals.
The hotel is just about 15 minutes drive from the airport but a bit far from the city center.
The rooms are excellent, good amount of light and very comfortable.
The Room service is excellent with good food.
The Coffee shop/restaraunt is the place to spend some good quality time in the morning, it is right on the national park so one can keep sipping some amazing Kenyan coffee and look at the jungle.

A must stay place

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Nairobi, Nairobi Area, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

..was there end of May for the first time, everything about it is awesome including the interiors, rooms, meals, the scenery is wonderful but no animals seemed to show up...however we waited for a long time before we were shown to our rooms...a few unpleasantries here and there but generally a good hotel!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I have been in this hotel twice, the first time was a Marketers Night event and yesterday I was attending Pivoteast event. One thing that I like about Ole Sereni is their security & safety measures; When the event started we were taken through a safety drill.
Then I left behind my bag that had my stuff as we left for lunch, security team collected all paraphernalia left on seats and kept them safe - some people had actually abandoned their laptops. I found my bag safe at the security desk and was very pleased........I can't forget to mention that the meal was very delicious. Keep up!

Mkulima

Room Tip: ideal for meeting outside town and have ample space
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed at this hotel recently as a day room prior to a late evening flight out of Nairobi. The positive was that it was close to the airport. The size of the room was nice (and I was told I was upgraded to a deluxe??). The bed, although good in size, was hard as a board. The shower and toilet area are within the same area, so it is not possible to take a shower without getting water all over the floor in the toilet area. The towels (photo attached) were worse that I use for bathing my dogs at home. I was tempted to put them in the waste basket.

I ate an early dinner in the restaurant. Although the portions are generous (overly so), the prices are extremely high. But the worst part was, it took 55 minutes from the time we ordered our food until it arrived and the restaurant was not that crowded (it was a Sunday). We tried to catch the waiter's attention to inquire when the food might be coming, but he never looked our way. After he brought the food, he never once came back to ask if we needed anything or how the food was. I had had enough and just wanted the bill to pay. I finally had to go and get him from the opposite end. I have never had such poor service at any hotel I have ever been to.

I could have just as easily gotten a hotel room in downtown Nairobi for a lower price and just spent a little longer time traveling to the airport. I think I would have been less frustrated. Never again would I stay at this place!

Room Tip: The only good room would be a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed here for one night at the beginning of our trip.The hotel was very convenient as we arrived late,and left after lunch the next day, it is close to the airport.Our room had a small internal balcony area with an opening door, overlooking the park.The room was quiet and clean, the food was good. The management was helpful, on request our check out time was extended to after we had lunch.Free wifi in the lobby.
An ideal short stopover.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Wichita Falls, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I have stayed at the Ole four times. I like it because of the proximity to the airport. Nairobi is expensive period---but I request a rate directly with the hotel and since all my stays have been weekend, I always get it for under $200 double occupancy. Good for Nairobi. The hotel is nice. The rooms are great. Park rooms offer a great view of the vast expanse. City view and side rooms are not view appealing. But if that does not matter,opt for one of those and save a lot. Rooms are somewhat cramped, but A/C, TV. Wifi, Hot water all good. Honor bar etc exist. The problem is that they are stingy and cheap with amenities. Cant get even a second towel with two people in the room. They are ridiculous on that score. Breakfast is totally first class however. Four star quality. Lots of choices. Surroundings etc beautiful. Service reasonable. Very good options for Nairobi if ur prepared to fight for amenities.

Room Tip: Pick park view if price is no object, if not, pick city view.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business