Stayed last week on a 4 day trip to Nairobi. As visiting near the airport didn't bother with downtown and with it being my first trip, didnt want to bother with the roads in and out every day. I'd say a 10-15 min drive from the airport.
Accomodation is good and pretty standard for the majority of trips I go on, Had a deluxe room facing the park and saw some antelope on one afternoon and a lone giraffe on another day. Room had a double bed, shower room , separate sink area safe, flat screen tv etc etc.
Security is noticable if not overbearing, checks on entrances to the hotel in your car and at the front entrance whilst room key also unlocks the doors to each of the room hallways.
Bar area is good, you can sit inside where there is usually sport on the telly or outside and view the park.
Restaurant for breakfast is good, plenty of choice fruit, cereals or cooked to order whilst the coffee will give you a good pick me up in the morning. In the evening its also a good standard I went for the Indian cuisine and it was very tasty. My only negative comment was the restaurant service leaved a little to be desired , once waiting an hour from sitting down to getting served but thats liveable especially with a large glass of Tuskers!!!.
Also tried the pool, certainly a little small but ok to get a workout or just a dip.
I'd recommend it if your here for a week or less and dont want to bother with downtown, you can always catch a cab and do that a couple of nights. Lastly, if your into taking gifts home there is a decent gift shop opposite the bar, i thought i'd do better at the airport but the shop is certainly competitively priced and I wished i'd sorted my take homes there than at the airport.
- Also Known As:
- Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi Hotel
- Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ole Sereni is a premium wildlife resort strategically located just off the Mombasa road overlooking the Nairobi National Game Park. Centrally positioned between the international airport and the city center, this is the only hotel bordering the wilds of the National Park. Ole Sereni offers all comforts and services to the business as well as leisure travelers and enjoys proximity to the central business district, international organizations, financial institutions, government offices and industrial area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelsClick, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.