I feel very betrayed by tripadvisor reviews. this place is below poor standards. I guess the reviews were biased because of the service from staff which was very efficient but not even that can move this hotel from zero star to one.
1. NO TV in the rooms, only one room which is deemed executive has a TV, the rest must watch in the lounge. this is convenient for a group booking,notherwise u get stuck watching whatever the others are watching
2. No Intercom in the rooms so when u need an iron or anything, u have to wear the 1 green robe that u n ur partner have to share to walk all the way to reception to get it
3. the shower has more hot water than cold, I thought my skin was gona peel off under that shower
4. The breakfast is an oily omelette and the fruits are stale.
5. Not all rooms have Wifi, connection is mainly in the lounge, reception and patio.
Just add a few shillings ang go to a good hotel. Don't waste ur money.
The only redeeming quality about this place is the transport company they are in partnership with. if you ever find yourself in need of a taxi driver in Nairobi ask Ndemi Place to give you Lazarus the taxi owner & driver's number. He is simply the best, helpful,patient and full of respect and knows all the back routes to avoid Nairobi's horrendus traffic.
You've been warned
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in a serene natural resort of Kenya’s capital city, The Ndemi Place is the ideal stop over for guests seeking peace and vintage charm in the city of Nairobi. Enjoy the warm and inviting touch of guest house hospitality combined with all contemporary comforts for the distinguished business or leisure traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Ndemi Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ndemi Place Hotel Nairobi