“Never Again... unsafe, unfriendly and too loud” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Jupiter Guest Resort

Jupiter Guest Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nairobi
Jupiter Guest Resort
You added Jupiter Guest Resort to your Saves list
Chiromo Lane off Ojijo Rd, Nairobi, Kenya   |
Ranked #81 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
Nairobi, Kenya
“Never Again... unsafe, unfriendly and too loud”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

I stayed at the Jupiter after I found out the Parklands sports club was full. The location is close to both Westlands and Town. However that is about the only redeeming quality. Almost every night there is loud pounding music coming from a near by club (not just Friday and Saturday), I had bugs in my room, cats would wander in the rooms and the power was constantly cutting in and out. There was no back-up generator to keep the security light running at night and thus the guard would stand out with the gates open to let in some lights. Given the area and the city this is not a recommended practice!!! I ended up leaving the hotel in the middle of the night for another place as I just could not take it any longer. The hotel would not give me a refund and any of the night I had paid for and were not helpful int he least. If you want to say a couple of dollars stay here, if you want a comfortable stay that includes safety and sleep I suggest looking at one fo the apartment hotels (were you can save money by cooking some food) or at a guest house like the Miti Mingi. NEVER EVER AGAIN

Room Tip: Don't eat the food outside of breakfast...
  • Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
torquay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

I stayed there for five nights recently. Having checked all the other budget hotels in Nairobi recommended by Trip Advisor (and finding most were charging far more than I'd been led to expect) I was directed to the Jupiter Guest House by my friends at Parklands Sports Club.

The location is very convenient for both the city centre and Westlands. The staff were excellent; friendly annd helpful. The en-suite room was clean and the bedsheets were changed every day. I didn't eat there, so can't comment on the restaurant, but in every other respect I can highly recommend the Jupiter to travellers looking for low cost, safe, clean accommodation near the city centre and Westlands shops.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Been to Jupiter Guest Resort? Share your experiences!