“Delightful” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I will always remember my dining experience at Zen Garden, the courses, the service ware, the flavours, the ambiance and the wonderful chef! she gave each of us a lovely rose flower - excellent personal touch. I will be back!....

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC, USA
“Good Food, Good service, very kid friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I went there a week ago for a late sunday lunch. I had heard a lot about the place prior to my visit so I wasn't surprised to see that it was very crowded. We were seated at table 15, right by the patisserie which was great. I was able to see my toddler run all around the garden from a good vantage point.

The food was delicious, although, it did get a little cold by the time it reached our table. We were a group of 5 adults and one child. There were no high-chairs available but that didn't matter so much since my son barely sat at all. We started off with a couple of beers, the pineapple-mint juice (absolutely amazing!) and the lime with ginger juice. Our appetizers were: chicken in green pesto on crostini, vegetable rolls and the garlic/rosemary pizza bread. The bread was extremely good but once again, it took rather long for the food to get to the table and it was a little cold. My main course was the vegetable pie which I thoroughly enjoyed. I know the rest in my party enjoyed their meals too.

This place is great for kids. There is a good kids menu of course but most importantly, there is plenty of safe, green space for them to run around. There is a bouncing castle, a trampoline (securely fenced and padded) and a restaurant employee who enthusiastically made balloon animals and painted faces. My son kept on going to the patisserie and the people working there would continuously give him chocolate fingers. They were very sweet to him. For this alone, I would go back.

All in all, it was a good experience. I would only suggest that the service be hastened.

nairobi
“Great Food, Even Greater Prices!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Jade burger is something one has to try if they are keen burger fans. I have also tried the pancakes (which they no longer serve!), they were fine, but the portion was small.
The roasted chicken sandwich is also outstanding.
Great view and place for teh kids to play, only issue is we find the play way too pricey and they keep escalating since the last visit.

400 Ksh for a portion of plain chips? 300 Ksh for a house coffee? Come on! Other than that, service we found was good, depending on the waiter assigned to you!

• Visited July 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
“love the range”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Had dinner with four friends at Zen. Service was excellent, food was good, wine was 'meh' and somewhat pricey. I really appreciated the diverse menu and the fact that each of us was able to get exactly what we wanted. The thai chicken wraps were fantastic, sushi was great (finished it off for breakfast), the sashimi was fresh and tastefully presented, the beef, lamb and chicken dishes seemed well enjoyed. Sorry I didn't remember my camera until the plates were cleared. Thanks to the staff for the quick save for the birthday girls--the roses were appreciated.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kiev
“Zen Garden”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

A very relaxing and quite environment for a very nice lunch or dinner. Spacious outside area with large tables makes dining very enjoyable. Has a good and diverse menu to choose from. I was with a group and we had a selection of Asian dishes, chicken, fish, beef prepared in Asian style along with Tempura vegetables. All were well prepared and very tasty. I suggest to go with the Asian dishes and not the western style dishes of burgers, pasta, pizza, etc. These are not as tasty or well prepared. There is a lunch special that is often very good. Also, there is a pastry bar as well, so for a breakfast or afternoon tea, this would be very good. Service is a bit slow in some cases, but overall good. Worth a trip to the restaurant even though it is some distance from the center, so go when the traffic going and coming might not be so congested.