“zen” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“zen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

their food is quite exquisite.... their pizzas are awesome... and their thai food is delicious... they make lovely coffees and shakes and ice teas.

Visited January 2013

74% Recommend
“Tasty Burgers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

The Zen has excellent service and it is always a pleasure dining there! It was a beautiful day and after my girlfriend and I left the Salon we were hungry and exchanged notes on the best place to have a relaxed meal. Since I said I had missed eating burgers she told me she knew just the place....having patronized Zen on several occasions I was surprised as I only tried the Afro fusion/Asian fare but decided to give it a try though was skeptical. I must say it was worth the journey but a bit pricey. It has that home made taste to it and the bread is soft.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Perfect!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I go to Zen at least once a week. It is strategically located on my way home from work. No traffic to get there and they have excellent seating in a garden rather than in a parking lot. The drinks are big and quite strong. Sometimes it takes a while for the food and drinks to arrive but I figure "good things take time."

The pizza is thin crust and crunchy with good indgredients, and the Asian food from next door is always fresh and tasty.

I always order the Summer Crush drink, vegetable pizza, chicken lettuce wraps or Tom ka gai soup.

Zen is probably my most favorite restaurant in Nairobi. Thank you!

“A Nairobi must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I went for the first time this year and I have already been back twice. Zen serves all ages and interests with their 2 restaurants. The pizza oven/bakery has an assortment of light meals that can be enjoyed indoors, in the garden restaurant or by the bouncing castle (great for kids). The other restaurant - Bamboo, provides tasty Asian cuisine which can also be enjoyed indoors or the covered outdoors (helps when sunny). We ate at Bamboo (outside) and we were not disturbed by the noise from the kiddies side - that was a plus.

I love all the plants around the gardens (that is why i have said there is a scenic view).

The food is a little pricey, but totally worth it. On the downside, parking can be a nightmare on weekends. and it can get a little crowded.

• Visited January 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
“I have never had a bad meal here..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I've lived in Nairobi for a year and a 1/2 and eat here all of the time. It is a little on the pricey side but it is SOOOO good. I get the basil chicken all of the time and the chicken is always cleaned perfectly (no gristle, rare in Kenya) The garlic rice is really yummy with it. I have tried almost everything on the menu and never leave disappointed. Staff can sometimes be a little unsure of themselves but overall pretty good!

• Visited February 2013