“Great coffee but thats about it” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Dhaka
“Great coffee but thats about it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

To be honest Kenyan coffee is great wherever you go and Dormans no exception. I felt that the espresso was exquisite and would recommend it. If you are a short tempered person, dont order anything besides coffee.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Nairobi, Kenya
“Shock on me at Dormans opposite International House”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was in shock with my experience at Dormans opposite International House. This was in Sept 2013.
The service is poor. I returned to the counter severally to ask for cutlery and then to pay my bill as the wait service was just lustre and gave no attention. Young people who are not alert. At the counter I cannot get my cutlery because the next young person there believes it is the duty of waiter to attend to this.
The vegetable samosas arrive. Very large, very oily and the taste of thick dough in my mouth. I ended up eating the vegetable filling.It was traumatic.Train the cook on samosa making.
Value for money? I was in shock. Is this the same Dormans? It will take awhile before I return

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Nairobi's Panera...with better coffee.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stopped at Dormans for lunch in in mid-June. I ordered the caprese sandwich and a coffee. The place and menu reminded me a lot of a Panera Bread with an African flavor. The sandwich was pretty good, especially at about $4. The coffee was great! Of course, when the coffee is picked and roasted within 50 miles of where you drink it, it should be good. The place was very busy, and the staff was swamped, but they were pleasant. Overall, I'd like to return.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sawbridgeworth, United Kingdom
“Perfect! Free fast wireless!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Great European food, with sandwiches, wraps, salads. they also serve breakfast all day and their cakes are delicious!! free wireless and great coffee what more do you need?

Visited May 2013
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“Not a fan”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The selection was really limited considering its a coffee shop. Then the worst thing happened. I ordered a chocolate chip milkshake. That is by far one of the worst shakes i've had. The pastry took ages and the staff weren't too serviceable when i reminded them of my order.

• Visited February 2013