“Rare Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The King Post

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The King Post
You added The King Post to your Saves list
Rhapta Rd. | Westlands, Nairobi 00800, Kenya   |
Ranked #11 of 107 Specialty Lodging in Nairobi
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Rare Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

If I was to summarize my rather long stay (9 months) at the King Post in four words, I would say Service, Cleanliness, Location, Security.

The King Post has top service. From the housekeeping staff who clean the flats to the front desk staff that run the day-to-day, everyone at the King Post is always available to attend to any issues and the staff is proud of their work and of their establishment. The flats are always impeccably clean, the property is located on a lovely street in Westlands close to supermarkets, restaurants and main roads, and security is tight and trust-worthy, which is key in a city like Nairobi. I traveled frequently for my job when I lived at the King Post and I never worried about my stuff because I always knew it was safe and well-looked after.

The property also has the best gym that I have seen in any serviced apartments compound in terms of equipment and space layout. I left the King Post in June and up until then, the only area that I thought could be improved was the way that gym staff managed classes (accurate timing, communicating when classes are on or canceled, making sure trainers are always on sight, etc).

But overall in a transient city like Nairobi where ex-pats come and go and where top notch service is hard to come by, the King Post truly stands out for tailoring its services to suit your needs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The King Post is a Swahili Village of 53 apartments that is unique in every sense. It brings about a unique architectural synthesis between the East African coast and the lands across the Indian Ocean, reflecting social and cultural interaction between the regions over more than a millennium.

Coming through the gates takes you to a totally different place. Its absolutely beautiful and has been designed with so much attention to detail. You dont have to drive endlessly or fly for hours to enjoy a weekend break away from the city. The Honeymoon package is amazing- the staff go out of their way to make it special for you. A truly memorable experience for us.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

After having looked at countless apartments in Nairobi, I can say that none have come close to the standards of the King Post. I stayed there for two and half years and I must say that I had a wonderful experience. I felt truly at home away from home. The services provided are of the highest standards, impeccable security, a most welcoming atmosphere. The management and staffs are very friendly, professional, always taking prompt action.

If ever I return to Nairobi, I don’t see myself staying anywhere but at the King Post.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Have been a frequent visitor to Kenya, King post has been an amazing experience everytime. Great ambiance, helpful staff, and secure compound. The Gym and Spa are really recommended. Close proximity to supermarkets and some good clubs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I have been staying at the King Post for over 4 months now and absolutely love being here. If two words had to summarize the king post they would be comfort and efficiency. The tailored customer service we have received over the months has been outstanding. Everything works here. If for some reason it doesn't, it will do so within ten minutes. We've now stayed at both one and two bedroom flats and they've both been excellent, spacious, tastefully decorated with fully equipped kitchens that like the flats, get cleaned 6 days a week. There are many reasons why we like the King Post a lot, one of them being the 24 hours of security provided by three full-time security employees and closed circuit cameras covering pretty much every inch of the property. Another huge plus is the sports center which is the best in this area. The pool area is spotless, the pool itself to die for. Can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

The property is beautifully done up and is an ideal place to stay. The rooms are very comfortable. The staff can be found with a little tight upper lip but can be ignored. The only disadvantage is that the place has no restaurant and hence for business trip can be a little hectic to cook breakfast early morning.

Room Tip: Choose studios and not the apartments if you are alone or a couple.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
GABLESGROUP, Owner at The King Post, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for your review on The King Post. We are glad your stay was comfortable.

Yes,we do not have a restaurant. We were to construct one last year, but decided to put this project on hold. We feel that that having a restaurant would actually result in higher security risks at The King Post and increase noise levels. However we are considering having a small cafeteria that would cater for breakfast for residents only. At the moment, some residents who wish to have breakfast order from the many restaurants within 1-10 minutes walking distance away from The King Post. Most of them offer free delivery for take-outs. It is worth noting that The King Post has, at its door step, the best restaurants and eat outs of various cuisines in the whole of Kenya. Delivery is within 10 to 20 minutes, depending on which restaurant the food is ordered from. Therefore, the proximity to good quality restaurants has relaxed our urgency to have a restaurant within The King Post.

Studio or a 1 Bedroom - the major difference between the two apartments is the diving wall between the bedroom and the living room; the studio does not have and is open plan. Some guests wish to have the privacy so they opt for a 1 Bedroom apartment.

Regarding staff, we are putiing a great deal of efforts in improving them. We believe we have the staff that can care for our valued customers in the best way possible. We have also given an email address where guests can confidentially report any kind of feedback in regards to The King Post. If you had any issues regarding staff, you could have reported your experience so that we could have dealt with it immediately while you were still residing at The King Post.

We can only improve if we have contsructive feedback from our guests/residents. We wish to always improve whatever we do and we take feedback very seriously.

Again we thank you for putting up this review, and we hope you will choose us again during your next trip to Kenya.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I live here on an extended basis when I am in Nairobi. It is more like an extended stay that we see in America. However, unlike the extended stays I have seen in the US, the King Post is spotless and well maintained. The management takes pride in keeping the place keen and well attended.

The two bedroom apartments are well furnished and colorful. Housekeeping takes care of the maintenance and keeps the place very clean. Everything is provided, including towels and bed lines even if you are staying for months at a time.

The gym is probably the best I have seen. It beats any upscale hotel gyms. Personal trainers are inclusive and you even have a spa on the ground floor if you like to get a massage or facial. The location is convenient to most of the happening spots in Nairobi, yet is quiet in the evening.

I like calling this place home!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The King Post? Share your experiences!