“WORST HOTEL EVER” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 94 Specialty lodging in Nairobi
Usa, Tanzania
“WORST HOTEL EVER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I Would never reccomend this hotel to any1 , the phones in rooms dnt work the stuff members are rude the female workers love men they serve men 1st and female last its the worst hotel ever the food was horrible , i was booked at this hotel by kenya airways coz they delayed our flight ,

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
El Fondo de les Neus, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

A good stay if , like us , you arrive late and leave early .Good rooms , no air con though , super big bath but cleanliness and detail not the first priority . Reception is cold and impersonal , both human and building .
Good breakfast but no personal touches at all. Us eit if you have to but don't make a big effort to book.

Room Tip: Find a hotel with Aircon !!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
mombasa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel twice and stayed in the new wing which was great and would recommend this to anyone however please do NOT accept to stay in the old wing or the apartments as they are very run down and not pleasant.

The location of this hotel is very good if on business in Nairobi as it is located between the industrial area and the CBD.

Room Tip: rooms on the upper floor are better
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Abidjan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I had a weekend stay recently at Hillpark. The first time I went there, it was Kenya Airways that took me there, when the messed up my flight. This time around, I was in for a weekend meeting. The place might have been a personal residence turned into a hotel but hey.. what I need is that stuff work.

I could not get to print anything for the meeting. The business center has not been in use for ages. Plus the restaurant area is in another building from the rooms and it was funny that staff could protect themselves with umbrellas while their guests had to run under the rain to get to the restaurant.

I had an evening flight but I left the hotel in the morning.. and told them I'd rather stay at the airport. It is the first time ever that I spend 3 nights in a hotel and I did not see a single smile on the face of any worker there..

As I told Simon (the porter who tried to force a smile) this can only be due to bad treatment from the hotel owner/management.

Room Tip: If you are in town for business, check out other places!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Residents have everything cheaper here, not fair on tourists. My room was $220 for non-residents but KSH 12,000 for residents (about $150). Lovely hotel though, good value for money. Complimentary breakfast and was a feast!
I will be back.

• Stayed November 2012
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here on three occasions, on all three we got a free bump up to the premium rooms. Amazing rooms, including a free standing claw foot tub.

Positives:
brand new rooms with claw foot tubs and safes
helpful staff, we did not load a bag and the reception was quite helpful (they have a mobile # too)
nice lounge area if you are need to work as a group or have a business meeting
great haircuts at the salon!
great location, at the heart of things but very quiet and leafy
helpful for room service -- you can get plates/cutlery from the restaurant
nice friendly cats!

Negatives:
breakfast and generally the restaurant
gym noise if you are facing that side
exorbitant fee to add my partner to the room

I will definitely be back however.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

when I was in my city I was wondering where I could spend my holidays, fortunately I met a pal who suggested this Hotel to me, I had to search for the Hotel through the website and managed to do an online booking, arranged for my trip and when I reached the Hotel I felt as if I was back home in my city, what I enjoyed most was the design of the rooms in the new wing of the Hotel together with the free internet not forgetting free gym and sauna. keep it up since you made my Holiday to be the best in Africa.

Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hillpark Hotel? Share your experiences!