“WONDERFUL PLACE” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 92 Specialty lodging in Nairobi
Los Angeles, California
“WONDERFUL PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

when I was in my city I was wondering where I could spend my holidays, fortunately I met a pal who suggested this Hotel to me, I had to search for the Hotel through the website and managed to do an online booking, arranged for my trip and when I reached the Hotel I felt as if I was back home in my city, what I enjoyed most was the design of the rooms in the new wing of the Hotel together with the free internet not forgetting free gym and sauna. keep it up since you made my Holiday to be the best in Africa.

Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I too came here after being booked into the hotel as part of a tour and after reading the reviews had mixed feelings.

On the positive:

-The staff were very helpful
-The room I was shown into was much better than I expected and relatively comfortable. I requested to b put into a room in the new wing which I think helped and I would definitely suggest doing.

On the negative:

-Despite calling twice and emailing three times to arrange an airport pickup I arrived and there was no one there to meet me. Mini drama ensued and I eventually was collected an hour and five dollars later after having to make various calls to the hotel.
- the guy who helped me with my bag and taking it to the room scoffed and the two dollar tip I offered and demanded 5 dollars making it extremely uncomfortable, I paid him the money to just get him out of the room.
- The music from the gym was unrelenting.

So in conclusion okay for a night if you have to.

Katie

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

I came here after 2 nights at the Fairview (great hotel - highly recommended) I only moved because I was meeting an Exodus tour and this was the pre departure accommodation, rooms are tatty, fell over the cleaners bucket as I was shown into the third attempt at a room, no hot water, blaring music from the gym all day/night long, staff are rude and very unhelpful, porter hovered for ages trying to get a tip after I'd carried my own bags, had to ask him to leave in the end, to make matters worse it's £95 a night - same price as the Fairview! I've never written a review before but this place was do bad I felt abliged to warn other unsuspecting travellers.

• Stayed July 2012
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Well my first stay here was rather miserable, but this time round I managed to get a room as far away as possible from the Gym and the car park. This made quite a difference.

As someone who is always hot and likes to sleep with the windows open, bringing my own mosquito net improved things no end, because I could leave the windows wide open and stay free of insect bites.

The staff seemed more friendly and the food seemed an improvement over the previous trip.

There still seemed to be things not working in the room, but overall this trip was a lot more enjoyable than the last.

Room Tip: Get something as far as possible away from the carpark and the gym
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Champaign, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Good facility. Good catering staff. Kind service. Use of conference rooms went well. All areas well kept.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I've stayed at the Hillpark a number of times and I keep coming back because:
- the location is great for getting into town (though the Mombassa Road is always v. busy). You can actually walk into downtown area if really bad.
- the rooms in the new part at very good. if there's three sharing, its cheaper taking the excellent and spacious penthouse
- the staff are always very friendly
- there's an incredibly good gym / health club out the back
- always cold beer

Not so good because
- wifi not great - sometimes off for extended periods
- reception staff are not very welcoming, but great once you get talking with them
- food in the hotel is at best average - sometime poor. a member of our group had a bad fish. we always had to wait so long.

Room Tip: The opposite side of the building to the gym - which emits shouting and pumping music from 5am
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012 via mobile

This is a great place to stay for a night or two. The rooms are well equipped and clean and the service is friendly. But I could not believe that none of the rooms have air conditioning or a fan, in a location where it is pretty hot for most of the year. This is a bit of a bugaboo in my book. Free wifi though which is great.

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Hillpark Hotel? Share your experiences!