“Enriching and Educative training at crowne plaza nairobi.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kenya Road Upper Hill | PO Box 25574, Nairobi 00100, Kenya (Upper Hill Estate)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Members Get Up to 35% Off
Ranked #15 of 100 hotels in Nairobi
“Enriching and Educative training at crowne plaza nairobi.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010 via mobile

I did not know what to expect as I left the university gate to begin my indurstrial training at crowne.to my amazement, the staff and management were very helpful during this period.crowne plaza is the best place to be.As a student taking a degree programe in Hotel and Hospitality management,after an in-depth study of the hotel I'd say that crowne has so much potential to maximize on profits and minimize on consumer dissatisfaction.I personaly think that staff should be more sensitive to consumer needs.crowne has so much power in the hospitality indurstry.

• Stayed July 2010

297 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

I arrived with two colleagues after a late night flight. My initial impression of the Crowne Plaza was tainted when one of my colleagues was told that she did not have a reservation. She, like the rest of us, had called ahead to ensure that a reservation was in place and alerted them to our late arrival.
Though initially disappointing, things picked up from there. The hotel was quite fantastic. Beautiful, modern, comfortable. Though I never used it, the aerobic center was quite impressive. The food was good, perhaps a bit overpriced.
I found the front desk staff to be helpful, especially Trixie. Overall had a great experience and would return to this hotel when visiting Nairobi in the future.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

I recently went on a trip to kenya and my kenyan girlfriend recommended this hotel, i was gladly met by very friendly staff and particularly the cabman(edwin) who was very friendly and helpfull, the food was great, service was excellent and all the staff were great except for the security men who at one point stopped my girlfriend from coming to my room despite the fact that i had concented to paying the extra guest charge, they were very rude and asked her to give them some money so as to let her come up!! its only when i came to get her that they pretended to be nice with me and said it was okay( hypocrates) The security manager( mr Collins) was not the least bit apologetic about the incident when i went to talk to him about it instead he kept saying all this crap about hotel policy and regulations- seems there hotel policy is not to have a guest come to visit you!!!! would advice that if you hope to have your girlfriend come to visit, CROWNE PLAZA is definately not the place to stay in. LOUSY SECURITY!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Crowneplazanairobi, Owner at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
Dear Sir

We would like to thank you for your comments in your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Nairobi.

We are fully committed to deliver the best quality of service at all times and Crowne Plaza Nairobi has strict rules and regulations when it comes to the security of our guests and we always take preventive measures to ensure that safety is our priority.

We look forward to welcome you back and please do not hesitate to contact me directly on my email address juan.uribe@cpnairobi.com.

Yours faithfully

Juan Uribe
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

The room and actual hotel was great, probably not quite the charm of the older hotels in Nairobi but the location is good, away from the CBD area and near the elephant orphanage (11am-12am), the Karen district and other tourist hubs and a short drive to the airport, but be aware of the traffic, may take longer at certain times.

Negatives was mostly the sleeping conditions, which at +$230 a night is hard to stomach, the bed itself seemed great, really big, but so soft it felt like a waterbed and the pillows were large and hard, with no variations. We were given a room (504) which is situated next to what seems to be service room, which I only discovered at 2am, 4am and then again at 6am, as you could hear people milling next door and moving equipment. Why the hotel thinks they can get away with placing people in these typpes of rooms is beyound me, particularly at these prices.

My complaints at reception about my bad sleeping experiance was met with a blank expression of silence, adding to my contempt for this hotel. Maybe if you want to run a modern hotel, learn how to deal with complaints, an apology would go a long way to avoid harsh reviews like this.

Also, be aware your breakfast may not be included in the price, my fault entirely, but don't trust the staff to know this either, like the hotel price it's defitenly on the over priced side of things.

Room service was great and all the other staff members, particularly the doormen and waiters were very nice.

It's unfair to complain about the expense of the hotel, but after my bad night sleep, it was hard to feel there was any value in this stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Crowneplazanairobi, Owner at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, September 29, 2010
Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable comments which give us an opportunity to evaluate the most important aspect of the hotel (your comfort of sleep).

All preventive measures has been implemented as Crowne Plaza Nairobi strives to deliver quality of service and with your valuable comments we are able to improve our service.

Please be rest assured the next time you return to Nairobi, you will have a pleasant memorable stay and experience.

Thanking you.

Kind regards

Juan Uribe
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

What a view of the city. After a long day, I didn't even need to go out. Excellent service and a great modern building. They do a great job with upkeep. Helpful staff, good amenities, comfortable rooms. I will definitely return if my business takes me to Kenya again. Great job, team!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

I was looking forward to this stay, but it surpassed even my high expectations. What a view! And the modernity of the place is exceptional. It is a new hotel and it feels like it. Superb upkeep. Attentive staff. I will absolutely be back again if my travels take me to Kenya. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

I stayed in a double room with my father on a business trip. The room was excellent and there was plenty of room for both of us.

My experience in the hotel was great, from stepping out of the taxi and being greeted by one of the friendliest concierge staff I have ever met, his name was Evans and made our stay very memorable. There was also another lady, Maggie who represented the African Heritage store and she was also very nice and made our stay even more excellent. The staff in this hotel were some of the best I have met on my travels through out the world and deserve pay rises for their exceptional people skills.

The restaurants were very good especially Sikia whose continental food was great, I recommend the duck. The food in all restaurants was always fresh and of the highest quality with great presentation. A little pricey but still great. A cheaper alternative for food is the Gazebo restaurant over the road from the hotel, which is also very good.

The business centre was open until 11pm and met my needs, printing is very expensive so I recommend you come prepared if you are on business.

If you travel in cabs make sure your doors are always locked and try not have your valuables on display.

Overall great hotel with exceptional staff.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi? Share your experiences!