“A view to kill for!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kenya Road Upper Hill | PO Box 25574, Nairobi 00100, Kenya (Upper Hill Estate)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
IHG Special up to 25% Off
Ranked #15 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“A view to kill for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

What a view of the city. After a long day, I didn't even need to go out. Excellent service and a great modern building. They do a great job with upkeep. Helpful staff, good amenities, comfortable rooms. I will definitely return if my business takes me to Kenya again. Great job, team!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

292 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

I was looking forward to this stay, but it surpassed even my high expectations. What a view! And the modernity of the place is exceptional. It is a new hotel and it feels like it. Superb upkeep. Attentive staff. I will absolutely be back again if my travels take me to Kenya. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

I stayed in a double room with my father on a business trip. The room was excellent and there was plenty of room for both of us.

My experience in the hotel was great, from stepping out of the taxi and being greeted by one of the friendliest concierge staff I have ever met, his name was Evans and made our stay very memorable. There was also another lady, Maggie who represented the African Heritage store and she was also very nice and made our stay even more excellent. The staff in this hotel were some of the best I have met on my travels through out the world and deserve pay rises for their exceptional people skills.

The restaurants were very good especially Sikia whose continental food was great, I recommend the duck. The food in all restaurants was always fresh and of the highest quality with great presentation. A little pricey but still great. A cheaper alternative for food is the Gazebo restaurant over the road from the hotel, which is also very good.

The business centre was open until 11pm and met my needs, printing is very expensive so I recommend you come prepared if you are on business.

If you travel in cabs make sure your doors are always locked and try not have your valuables on display.

Overall great hotel with exceptional staff.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

My family and I visited Nairobi on a mission trip with Feed The Children on September 11-16th. We had a slight hiccup at check in as the front desk attendant was not very familiar with processing groups. In addition, I advise exchanging money somewhere other than the front desk. Although they have a bank upstairs it was sometimes difficult to get it processed. Other than those small front desk hiccups the stay was very nice. We befriended several hotel staffers who we will continue to remain in contact with. The breakfast buffet each morning was delicious. We were able to try African cuisine as well as American favorites. The hotel itself is new so the rooms, bars, fitness center and restaurants had all the latest amenities.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Crowneplazanairobi, Owner at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, September 25, 2010
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments which enable us to strive in our service and be able to improve expectations of our customers. WIth this great positive feedback we are able to take Crowne Plaza Nairobi to higher levels of service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards
Juan Uribe
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

I recently stayed at the Nairobi Crowne Plaza during a business event, and was absolutely impressed with every facet of this property especially the STAFF. The hotel is less than a year old, and is an excellent choice for it's modern amenities, location and cleanliness. The hotel has many choices to dine, a great two story lobby bar and a fantastic physical fitness center. My room#302, was spotless and well appointed. Everything you would expect in a western hotel, the Crowne Plaza delivers. Room service was speedy, and wonderful.

I want to express a heartfelt "ASANTE" to the staff members that assisted me in making our business meeting a huge success. Mr. Uribe the GM, whose personal attention is unmatched. Also, the professionalism and attention to detail of staff members Becky, Lewis, Cynthia and of course Mr. Collins Luvai. It was wonderful meeting and working with all of you. i hope to return to the Nairobi Crowne Plaza very soon.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

I've been a frequent business traveler throughout East Africa. Ive stayed in many hotels but the Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi is definitely the hotel that caught my attention. The service that this hotel offers is great. The location of this new hotel is spectacular. What more do you want with a hotel with a breath taking view of the city of Nairobi? The brand new rooms were if not the best throughout East Africa. What really caught my attention was the friendliness of the staff and the management. When i arrived at the hotel, I was greeted by the General Manager himself. Great guy! The next time I make a visit to Nairobi, I know where I'll be staying! Excellent

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

I had the opportunity to experience the brand new hotel Crowne Plaza, Nairobi. I believe that the hotel was very nice, clean, and the service was excellent! The staff was very friendly, and whenever I came back to my hotel room after a busy day in the meeting room, my room was superb! The restaurants were excellent, food was always on time, and food quality was superb. The gym is gorgeous, the best in town! I highly recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi? Share your experiences!