“Fantastic staff, hotel, facilities and restaurants.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kenya Road Upper Hill | PO Box 25574, Nairobi 00100, Kenya (Upper Hill Estate)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Members Exclusive:25% Off
Ranked #15 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic staff, hotel, facilities and restaurants.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

I stayed in a double room with my father on a business trip. The room was excellent and there was plenty of room for both of us.

My experience in the hotel was great, from stepping out of the taxi and being greeted by one of the friendliest concierge staff I have ever met, his name was Evans and made our stay very memorable. There was also another lady, Maggie who represented the African Heritage store and she was also very nice and made our stay even more excellent. The staff in this hotel were some of the best I have met on my travels through out the world and deserve pay rises for their exceptional people skills.

The restaurants were very good especially Sikia whose continental food was great, I recommend the duck. The food in all restaurants was always fresh and of the highest quality with great presentation. A little pricey but still great. A cheaper alternative for food is the Gazebo restaurant over the road from the hotel, which is also very good.

The business centre was open until 11pm and met my needs, printing is very expensive so I recommend you come prepared if you are on business.

If you travel in cabs make sure your doors are always locked and try not have your valuables on display.

Overall great hotel with exceptional staff.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

My family and I visited Nairobi on a mission trip with Feed The Children on September 11-16th. We had a slight hiccup at check in as the front desk attendant was not very familiar with processing groups. In addition, I advise exchanging money somewhere other than the front desk. Although they have a bank upstairs it was sometimes difficult to get it processed. Other than those small front desk hiccups the stay was very nice. We befriended several hotel staffers who we will continue to remain in contact with. The breakfast buffet each morning was delicious. We were able to try African cuisine as well as American favorites. The hotel itself is new so the rooms, bars, fitness center and restaurants had all the latest amenities.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Crowneplazanairobi, Owner at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, September 25, 2010
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments which enable us to strive in our service and be able to improve expectations of our customers. WIth this great positive feedback we are able to take Crowne Plaza Nairobi to higher levels of service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

I recently stayed at the Nairobi Crowne Plaza during a business event, and was absolutely impressed with every facet of this property especially the STAFF. The hotel is less than a year old, and is an excellent choice for it's modern amenities, location and cleanliness. The hotel has many choices to dine, a great two story lobby bar and a fantastic physical fitness center. My room#302, was spotless and well appointed. Everything you would expect in a western hotel, the Crowne Plaza delivers. Room service was speedy, and wonderful.

I want to express a heartfelt "ASANTE" to the staff members that assisted me in making our business meeting a huge success. Mr. Uribe the GM, whose personal attention is unmatched. Also, the professionalism and attention to detail of staff members Becky, Lewis, Cynthia and of course Mr. Collins Luvai. It was wonderful meeting and working with all of you. i hope to return to the Nairobi Crowne Plaza very soon.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

I've been a frequent business traveler throughout East Africa. Ive stayed in many hotels but the Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi is definitely the hotel that caught my attention. The service that this hotel offers is great. The location of this new hotel is spectacular. What more do you want with a hotel with a breath taking view of the city of Nairobi? The brand new rooms were if not the best throughout East Africa. What really caught my attention was the friendliness of the staff and the management. When i arrived at the hotel, I was greeted by the General Manager himself. Great guy! The next time I make a visit to Nairobi, I know where I'll be staying! Excellent

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

I had the opportunity to experience the brand new hotel Crowne Plaza, Nairobi. I believe that the hotel was very nice, clean, and the service was excellent! The staff was very friendly, and whenever I came back to my hotel room after a busy day in the meeting room, my room was superb! The restaurants were excellent, food was always on time, and food quality was superb. The gym is gorgeous, the best in town! I highly recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

Checkin – Was relatively smooth. Painful part was that they insist of making photo copies of the passports of all guests. Seems overkill.

Rooms – Well appointed rooms, clean and practical. Very modern and contemporary looking furniture. The bathroom had both a shower and a bathtub. Bit overkill but not complaining. The water in the sink seemed to have great trouble in draining. Nice range of bath accessories as well. They provide a couple of bottles of mineral water to drink on the house.

Housekeeping – Left a lot to be desired. I called at 10pm to request extra packets of coffee, creamer and sugar. No one answered on the Housekeeping line. I called Reception and communicated my request. 20 minutes went by and nothing happened. Called Reception again and reminded. Another 10 minutes went by and received a call from Reception saying that someone would be delivering it in 10 minutes. By 10:45 someone came with the coffee. I had him put it on the shelf and he disappeared. 20 minutes later I get up to make myself some coffee and noticed that there was no Creamer!!! They guy had brought Coffee and Sugar but no creamer. By then I just gave up and went to bed.

Internet (WiFi) – They have free WiFi access throughout the hotel. This for the most part worked quite well. UserID and password are given out by Reception.

Business Center – A word of caution. This is a place of daylight robbers. My wife had to get a map photocopied. It was 1 page. They charged us $2.00 (USD) for it! There is making a profit, greed and then daylight robbery. I think this qualifies as daylight robbery.

Concierge service – Hugely disappointing. They don’t have any decent maps of Nairobi. When we requested one, they appeared surprised that people would want a map and got a photocopied one. I asked the gentleman, to point out where our hotel was on the map and it took him a good 2 minutes to locate it! Seemed like this was the first time someone had made such a request of him!!! For a hotel that considers itself 5 star, not having a basic color map seems pathetic.

Help with Baggage – During checkout, I called Reception about 15 minutes before I would have liked to leave to request that someone from Concierge show up with a cart to pick up our baggage. 20 minutes went by and there was no response. I finally walked down to Concierge and had to send the person up to the room to pick up the luggage. We had placed a cardboard carton with some ornamental glass work (labeled and taped as FRAGILE all over) on this cart. This brain surgeon from Concierge goes up to get our luggage and returns with some luggage piled on top of the box labeled FRAGILE. Highly unimpressed.

Fitness Center – Very well appointed Fitness center with multiple treadmills, cycles, elliptical trainers and Nautilus equipment. Quite nice indeed.

Restaurant-Had the Breakfast buffet. We arrived at the restaurant at about 9:30am. Most items were either nearly empty or gone by then. They did not seem to be too keen to keep them refilled. Average at best for the restaurant.

Overall – For a new property that claims to be 5 star, it fell well short of expectations. Not worth the money.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Crowneplazanairobi, Owner at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, August 26, 2010
We would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that you experienced during your recent stay with us. Please note I have personally addressed all the issues raised with the relevant Managers and I wish to assure you such an incident will not reoccur in the future. Crowne Plaza Nairobi is fully committed to strive excellent service and your comments are extremely useful and encouraging. There is no doubt that with this feedback Crowne Plaza Nairobi can only benefit and be able to improve our committment to hospitality in Kenya.
We look forward to welcoming you back and please do not hesitate to contact me directly in order for us to make your stay memorable. My contact details are juan.uribe@cpnairobi.com.

Reading, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

The bathroom was not clean, the shower glass was full of soap scum and the floor not washed. The rooms are beautiful and the restaurant ok.
The hotel so is expensive, I wished I had gone with the B&B I saw online. They charged for everything and alot of extra fees on the bill including a training fee??!!
I would not stay here if you are concerned about money... we did feel safe here though.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Crowneplazanairobi, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, August 7, 2010
We truly appreciate your positive feedback which enable us to always strive for higher quality and improve on our service and standards, as Crowne Plaza Nairobi is fully committed to ensure guest satisfaction at all levels.

We will be honored to welcome you back and make your next stay memorable. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at juan.uribe@cpnairobi.com.

Juan Uribe

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi? Share your experiences!