“Great customer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kenya Road Upper Hill | PO Box 25574, Nairobi 00100, Kenya (Upper Hill Estate)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Members Exclusive:25% Off
Ranked #17 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
Harlingen, Texas
“Great customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Having special dietary needs it is usually hard to live on the road ... The Crowne Plaza in Nairobi with their dedicated and caring staff makes time spent there a great experience!

The F&B manager monitors bookings and keeps track who is coming, goes the extra mile to purchase items that are usually not stocked and his staff uses them to create delicious meals .. Job WELL done!!

Room Tip: For the week .. Rooms that are facing the inner side .. For weekends rather the road although the no...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
CPNBO_Management, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear KaiUwulff

Thank you for the positive feedback from your last trip, I have personally acknowledge my F&B Manager for his outstanding level of service as well as my entire hotel team, we are certainly looking forward to you return visit to our hotel.

Allan Clingham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This is my second stay a this hotel and this time around i was disappointed. First the parking was a nightmare; i wanted to park in the basement but was advised that basement parking is for staff only! I had to park outside and get rained on! The guy was rude! Second, the bar closed at 11pm and they refused to serve drinks to my visiting friends.
They have lost me as a customer and will check out today and check in panari for the rest of my visit in Kenya.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jaylen Y

Firstly let me please apologies for the unexceptionable behavior of my staff, I have personally addressed the issues and you can be assured that corrective action resulting in training has taken place, I certainly hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Washington, D.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Having stayed at this location four times over the past two years, it has been interesting watching its character grow.
The guest rooms are nice, sizeable, includes free wifi (I think - with status I get it regardless), very nice bathrooms, and plenty of work space (I'm always there on business).
The expansive dinner buffet has something for everyone, though frankly the pricing of that and their wine (which is from SA) seems over the top for me, and I travel all over the world. Breakfast too has a vast selection.
The security both with a car getting into the property, as well as through the front door is comforting, and I appreciate the effort (and do realize it isn't a cheap endeavour as well).
The attached gym, though also a members gym, is the best I've seen in any hotel. I heard other comments on that as well at various functions at the hotel.
Overall, very good property, and I will be back soon.

Room Tip: Rooms are well insulated, so really didn't have problems with noise, even facing the main road.
Dear rmc1971

Thank you for the positive feedback , will certainly pass the comments onto the team and look forward to your return.

Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The service quality have continued where it left off since my return in July after an absence of 2 years. Have now been back in August and September/October and will be back in November and December.
Though thru no fault of the hotel a Friday night party somewhere in the vicinity really spoiled my sleep with the load music. hopefully it can be prevented next time with a room facing the courtyard and pool.
To management: keep your eyes peeled on the maintenance folks Do not let up. You have a great opportunity to retain your loyal clients but could just as easy loose them if the appearance goes down

Room Tip: If you want to be reasonably positioned in relation to the city centre, diplomatic area, and the air...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
CPNBO_Management, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear FanieBosman,

Many thanks for your candid feedback on your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Nairobi.

We are delighted to read that you don't regret your return to our hotel. We love to read that our hotel colleagues make it happen to all our guests. At Crowne Plaza Nairobi, we strive to provide services that are more relevant to our guests; that will help them succeed in what they do.

I have taken note of your comments and will definitely share with the team. We appreciate all our guests' feedback as they give us an opportunity to improve on service delivery.

Thank you for recommending us to other reviewers as I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I stayed in this hotel on two recent business trips to Nairobi, in June and October 2014. Each time for about 3 nights. The guest rooms are nice, modern and very comfortable. Though the hotel is in the business district, the rooms are quiet. They offer complimentary wifi throughout the hotel. The hotel has a good restaurant, Baraka. I used it for diner and breakfast (buffet). The staff of the hotel is very friendly, without exception. For me, this hotel is a trusted, secure place in Nairobi with a consistently high quality.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much Jos v for taking your time to review Crowne Plaza Nairobi on trip advisor. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest standards.

We are delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. At Crowne Plaza Nairobi, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success.

I will with great pleasure share this with the team.

Thank you for recommending us to other reviewers and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Located in the business area called Upper Hill (perfect for business travel), I had a lovely stay over 3 days! The room was very spacious -- lots of room for luggage, a desk to work from and a decent size TV (a minor drawback was that the remote control's range was only half the size of the room). Bathroom was big with the water comfortably hot and good pressure; hated coming out of the shower actually!

Room service was quick and they easily modified food items to suit my needs! Needed someone to check the heat settings, and someone came right away to sort things out. WiFi was free and worked well with good speed. TV had an excellent amount of choices and even had HD channels -- perfect to follow the US Open tennis matches and various cricket matches! One issue I had was with the iron -- it had black stuff (the usual thing that gets on the bottom of steam irons) on the bottom which transferred on to my white shirt and so stopped using that.

The entire staff was very friendly and courteous; at all times and you genuinely felt that they were there to make your stay comfortable! Loved that the most!

Overall, had a great time, would stay there again without any hesitation and highly recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
CPNBO_Management, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Many thanks AnkitPhilly for your candid feedback on your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Nairobi.

We are delighted to read that you had a lovely stay with us.

I will with great pleasure share your comments with the team.

Thank you for recommending us to other trip advisor reviewers as we look forward to welcoming you back in future.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here now a number of times, latterly as a Platinum member. On this occasion I was upgraded to a junior Suite which was absolutely fantastic.
The team had a cocktail evening midweek and it was really nice to meet all the back room staff and front of house managers. Ken M was the perfect host.
As I had a free day I used the hotel's taxi service to go to the David Sheldrick elephant orphanage to check on my sponsored elephant Barsilinga. Great service. I love this hotel ... a home from home!

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Many thanks cue-em for taking your time to give us such a wonderful review. I want to personally thank you for your commendation. I am delighted to learn that we made it happen for you; Crowne Plaza Nairobi is going to be even better in the coming days.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the midweek cocktail. I will share your comments internally as this is our favorite kind of feedback and the service we strive to provide to all our guests.

Thank you for recommending us to other trip advisor reviewers.

We appreciate your most continued loyalty- IHG Rewards Platinum membership and we look forward to your return.

Ken Musili.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi? Share your experiences!