“Above Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kenya Road Upper Hill | PO Box 25574, Nairobi 00100, Kenya (Upper Hill Estate)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
IHG Special up to 25% Off
Ranked #16 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Above Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was blessed to reside at this Crowne Plaza Hotel for the first week of July. I was highly impressed. The staff was attentive and friendly. The room was immaculate. The menu was culturally diverse and the food was excellent. The service was quick and quality was high. Of course, they are building up the area so the roads and surrounding areas were a bit rough for travel, however arriving at the hotel was truly pleasant. I was pleased to see the level of security provided with no exceptions. The management was great and I loved the extra touches. Travel often, but had never had a personalized welcome on the room television before! COOL! I sent that home to the US and everyone was shocked! This hotel gives you affordability coupled with class and service from people who take great pride in their work.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

292 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Have stayed here a number of times. As Platinum member I get an upgrade which is always welcome. This entitles you to a free Happy Hour in the Club Room ( where I am now). Happy front desk staff and Club staff. The pool is heated and gets the sun in the afternoon. Good gym. Concierge can arrange car to get out at reasonable rates (Dame Daphne Sheldrick elephant rescue centre was my destination).
Comfy bed and love the "sleep therapy" kit provided...works for me!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Great all-round service, from the lobby to restaurant, concierge, reception counter and hotel taxi service! The atmosphere is just wonderful.
Good food too! Fresh fruit every morning, diverse menu that incorporates local dishes. Delicious!!

Rooms are comfortable! Very fast WiFi with Internet access.

• Stayed July 2014
CPNBO_Management, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, yesterday
Many thanks Sandile S for your time to give us feedback on your stay. We are very happy to read of your positive feedback and to read that your travel was a succesful one.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Nairobi on your next visit to the city of cold waters, Nairobi.

Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at the hotel in late June early July 2014.

I felt the Hotel itself was ok. Overall the Hotel itself is a good standard, food was passable, room service was responsive but I felt the hotel was a little boring and sterile.

However the roads surrounding the hotel are a bumpy disgrace. There are no shops or conveniences anywhere near and the Taxi’s charges are exorbitant. It basically cost $12 dollars to go even the shortest distance. With no passing traffic or Taxi’s, the drivers have a captive market.

There is not a bit of grass anywhere in the hotel or a decent area to sit outside (only by the pool which is all concrete).

The reception area and café is a typical sterile piano bar, and the bar itself is overpriced and again sterile. If you don’t mind dull boring reasonable standard hotels you will be fine.

However if you like to get out and about and see a bit of the city, or relax in a pleasant outdoor space, then this place will fall far short of your expectations. I fall into the latter two and did not enjoy my stay here. We travelled to the Fairview on our last afternoon which seemed much more pleasant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
CPNBO_Management, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much Stuart1901, for taking the time to leave us your honest feedback on Crowne Plaza Nairobi. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level and guest experience we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was not in line with your expectations. We have taken note of your comments on the piano bar, the bar, the food and the taxi charges; will share this with respective team members to look into them.

Upper hill area in Nairobi is currently growing to be the business hub of the city. This growth will bring along improved infrastructure, malls and other areas of interests but in the interim, there are other areas that we recommend and arrange through our concierge and travel desks. Be sure to let me know of your next visit and will prepare something interesting for you. I can be reached on: kennedy.musili@cpnairobi.com.

I hope that you will not write us off and that we shall have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The road to Crown plaza is a bit bumpy due to on going works. Today parking was a challenge so I had to pack outside. But the service was great. I would recomend in any time and day for anyone in Nairobi.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
CPNBO_Management, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank Reubenkimani for your positive comments on Crowne Plaza Nairobi! We are delighted to hear that you had great service at our hotel hoping that we shall have another opportunity in the near future.

Thank you for recommending us to other trip advisor reviewers.

north carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I recently held a class at the Crowne Plaza. I was concerned about security in Nairobi given the recent bombings but this hotel is clearly focused on it. All cars are checked before entry and all passengers have to exit the vehicle, at least at the times I entered. You need to scan you bags before entering as well. With that said, one of my peers had his laptop bag stolen from the lounge area. I'm embarrassed to say that 4 of us were sitting at the lounge table and none of us saw the perpetrator. The hotel staff was very helpful in reviewing film but the perpetrator was never found. However, I have to say I never felt unsafe at the hotel.

The rooms are very nice and very well appointed. The internet was acceptable and the temperature controls worked well. I didn't use the exercise facility but it looked complete. The restaurant was pretty good with a buffet at most meals with many good selections.

The staff here spoke english very well and were always extremely helpful in resolving any issues.

All in all it was a good trip to Nairobi and I would recommend the Crowne as a good hotel choice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
CPNBO_Management, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear anonymoussfh,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Nairobi and for taking time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Like other serious organisations, we take security of our guests very seriously thus the thorough searches on everyone coming into the building. It's unfortunate though that one of your peers lost his laptop but glad to hear that he was provided with the necessary assistance.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to other trip advisor reviewers. I look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Nairobi in the near future and if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me on kennedy.musili@cpnairobi.com.

Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Location is awesome save for the on-going building sites and road works to and around the hotel, the conceirge services is reliable as our reservations were attended to and a table booked as requested.On arrival the bell men did a great job ushering us into the hotel to the exquisite front desk. The hotel restaurants and coffee shop have good ambience-definately a place to visit for longer.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
CPNBO_Management, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Many thanks Ngugy for your feedback on Crowne Plaza Nairobi. We are very happy to hear that you had a memorable Father's Day at our hotel. It gives us joy to hear that our guests feel welcomed and well taken care of.

Thank you for recommending us to other trip advisor reviewers hoping that we shall have another opportunity to host you in future.

Ken Musili,

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi? Share your experiences!