“Good business Hotel with friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kenya Road Upper Hill | PO Box 25574, Nairobi 00100, Kenya (Upper Hill Estate)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Members Get Up to 35% Off
Ranked #15 of 100 hotels in Nairobi
“Good business Hotel with friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I got picked up from a friendly hotel driver. The security was very strict to enter the hotel which is very good. Received a complementary upgrade to Club floor and a wonderful corner suite. The rooms are clean and everything worked including free wifi. The breakfast room beside the pool is great as well as the buffet. The fitness area is nice with many machines and spotless clean. The whole staff is extremely friendly esp. the one from the club lounge and fitness area. Between 6 and 7 pm the lounge served free drinks and good snacks. Definitely one of my favorite IHG Hotels in the MEA region.

• Stayed May 2014
CPNBO_Management, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Woso1,

We greatly appreciate your comments about Crowne Plaza Nairobi and delighted to know that you had a very good experience with us. We will share the comments with the staff and assure you that this will go a long way in motivating them to deliver the best to all hotel guests.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to trip advisor members and hope to host you again in future.

Regards,

Ken Musili.

296 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

A very professional set of people, we'll maintained rooms, centrally located, though the approach roads are somewhat of a problem - been under construction by some Chinese companies forever, but otherwise, it's perfect.

A perfect spread of breakfast options, a good gym, a pool too small and oddly located, that doesn't help, but overall not much to complain for a business traveller.

Pricing is pretty competitive and they really take good care of their regular guests, so suits me just fine.

Stayed May 2014
lorenzo_baleri, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear Siddhoo,

Thank you for your feedback and for the positive comments about our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you had a very good experience with staff and facility.

As for the roads, I am glad to inform you that the construction should be concluded in the next six months. This will greatly help in reducing the traffic that chokes up the roads in upperhill area.

I hope that we shall have another opportunity to host you in future.

Best wishes,

Ken Musili.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

At a recent business trip to Nairobi I stayed at the Crowne Plaza hotel. I requested an early check in which the staff at the reception counter dealt with most professionally. With no hesitation I was offered a room. the rooms are neat, clean and offer excellent value to the business traveller. Wi-fi connectivity is good and its free. The abience of the hotel is relaxing and the coffee shop is brilliant.
The restaurant offers a great selection of food. The gym facilities are excellent. Overall, a great hotel in Nairobi.

Room Tip: I stayed in the 5th floor which is the business executive floor. This has its own breakfast room whi...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Manfred K ,

Thank you for taking the time of writing a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Nairobi.

I was pleased to hear that you experienced friendly and efficient service from our front desk staff on arrival and that they indeed exceeded your expectations.

We were also very happy to read that you found the hotel rooms clean and neat, offering excellent value to the business traveller like yourself. We pride ourselves of our product offering and we continuosly work hard at offering the best selection of food in our restaurants and coffee selection offerings.

Thank you very much for recommending our hotel to fellow Tripadvisor reviewers and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Wishes

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for one week in March. The facilities are good, staff is very nice and helpful, the main drawback is food. Each day, the same things (of very average quality) were severed for each meal and after 4 days I was not even feeling hungry anymore....

Dear raposaraposa

Thank you for the review regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Nairobi. We were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and hotel very much,particularly the friendly and helpful staff.

We have taken note of your comments regarding the qaulity of the food and are most welcome, and will take the appropriate steps to review our menu offerings.

Constructive feedback like yours is always appreciated as this helps us offer you,our guests,the ultimate guest experience.

Lookinf forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Kind Regards

Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza on Business. Usually i stay at one of the downtown hotels (Serena, Hilton..) but decided to try Upperhill area this time. What a mistake! The hotel is between 2 major arterial roads and you spend most of your time in a taxi stuck in hour-long traffic jams. The facilities are good, and the quality of food (room service) is high quality, as is to be expected from the hotel brand. My only complaint is with their business centre and the exorbitant price they charge for a printout: $1 a page! what business are you running here? a hotel or printing shop? I know it doesn't sound much, but for a proposal i paid $48 to print. The idea of a business centre is to facilitate your guests business dealings while staying at your hotel, not supplementing profits. If it wasn't for the traffic, i may have considered coming back, but for a lot less cost and traffic, stay in the city centre or nearby.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear SA_Business_Traveler ,

Thank you for much for taking the time to review our hotel. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and most particularly the quality of the food.

We have taken note of your comments with regards to cost of the printing in the business centre and will be reviewing the costs, as mentioned in your review.

I am glad to confirm that the major construction phase of the main roads to Upperhill will be completed towards the end of September 2014, and will considerably ease the flow of traffic in and around Upperhill. The newly built highways will provide easy access to and from the International airport and city centre.

Thank you once again and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Nairobi sometime in the near future.

Best Regards

Castle Hedingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I had had problems on my two previous stay which I raised with management and was disappointed by the lack of response I was therefore unsure about the wisdom of my staying again, but the management pulled out all the stops to prove they can get it right and that they valued my business.
I was given a suite of the fifth floor which was very spacious and well maintained. The bathroom that was clean and just as it should have been which proves the hotel can manage the lime scale issue which is prevalent in their standard rooms.
The management has promised that they are taking steps to address and remove the lime scale issue that made the bathroom shower glass look grubby and unclean.
It will be a while before I am scheduled to return to Kenya on business so I will give the hotel another chance as they have time to get the problem under control.
The photos are of the shower glass from my previous stay look forward to seeing this cleaned up, it only requires de-scaling part of a regular cleaning programme.
My rating is based on the fifth floor suite.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear JamesPAB,

Thank you very much for the constructive feedback regarding your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Nairobi in respect to the buildup of scale on the glass shower cubicles in the bedrooms, due to the high level of fluoride.

We are happy to inform you that the descaling of the shower cubicles is now 90% complete and wish to thank you, to have given us an opportunity of taking swift correction action to remedy the flaw.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future and can assure you of my best personal attention at all times.

Best Wishes

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza a number of times, most recently for 10 days at the end of Feb 2014. It's a good, clean hotel and the staff are helpful and attentive. I had Club access and made use of the Club lounge for breakfast and evening drinks/snacks. The rooms are comfortable with decent beds, TV channels are a good selection and WiFi works OK for email, but gets quite slow in the evenings - Skype with video is not possible. Air con worked fine and not noisy.
Hotel management please note: I do not believe the shower glass has been cleaned properly from inside since new.
Having worked daily out near JKI Airport, the biggest drawback to staying at the Crowne Plaza was the morning and evening traffic and the state of the roads in Upperhill. If you want to be near the airport the Ole Sereni would be a good option (on a par with the Crowne Plaza) and possibly the relatively new Eka hotel - but I have not stayed at the Eka yet.

Room Tip: I have stayed on the 3rd and 4th floors - refurbished a year or so ago. On my latest trip I was upgr...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Iain C,

Thank you taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. We were happpy to hear that you have continuosly enjoyed staying with us and appreciated the positive comments about cleanliness and our staff in particular.

We are planning to install a reverse osmosis (water purifier) during the expansion phase of our hotel which will alleviate the flouride content in the water which has been affecting the shower cubicle glass.Thank you for the feedback and in the meantime has been addressed by my Housekeeping team.

I am please to inform you that the roads enhancement in Upperhill will be completed in six months time,once completed will provide easy access to the airport and will also ease the traffic congestion.

My Team and I look forward to hosting you in the not too distant future.

Best Regards

Lorenzo Baleri

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi? Share your experiences!