“Stayed for 3 Weeks” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kenya Road Upper Hill | PO Box 25574, Nairobi 00100, Kenya (Upper Hill Estate)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
IHG Special up to 25% Off
Ranked #15 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
Kent, UK
“Stayed for 3 Weeks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed in the Crowne Plaza for 3 weeks and wasn't overly impressed with it. I was given food poisoning once when I ordered a take away tuna and egg salad from the hotel. As I was living in the hotel all of my meals came from the hotel, so it was impossible that the food poisoning came from anywhere else. I also heard of colleagues who suffered after eating the main buffet dinner. I stuck to the a la carte restuarant upstairs which seemed better and meals were freshly cooked.

Other than that - the wifi was good, television package fine and beds comfortable. The toiletries were nice and the staff very friendly and accommodating. The staff are the hotels biggest asset.

Decent hotel, but for the price not worth it if travelling privately. Also - make sure you go to the bar opposite to get a beer rather than drinking in the hotel!

Room Tip: Try and get put on the 5th floor as you have access to the executive suite, a much nicer place to ha...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Mary_1982Kent_UK,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Crowne Plaza Nairobi in January of this year. We are disappointed to hear about the feedback about the food poisoning. We would like to know more about your feedback and have sent you a direct message to further clarify and look forward to your reply.

Please be assured that your feedback will be communicated with the respective Team Members and we will continue to strive to improve our product and services to deliver the ultimate great guest experience.

Thank you so much for the great feedback about our staff being an asset. I will certainly pass this on to the team.

We sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Asante Sana

291 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I feel terribly guilty about the fact that I have never written a review of the CP in Nairobi despite numerous visits there. Having just returned, I promised I would so.....

1. I think I never write a review because it feels like home!! (I wouldn't say that about many places)

2. Great amenities - gym and a really professional spa (special mention for Liz)

3. Attentive staff throughout

4. Wifi is now consistent and reliable.

A great place to stay!!!!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Susand70 ,

We are delighted to learn that during your numerous visits at our hotel that it feels like "home away from home ". and would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.

It was pleasing to read your comments great amenities, including the gym and spa, reliable and constant Wi Fi. Special mention to Liz !!

I will certainly share your encouraging words about our attentive staff with my whole team which I am sure they will appreciate very much.

Thank you for recommending Crowne Plaza Nairobi to fellow TripAdvisor viewers.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Asante Sana

Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The staff were professional and service exceptional! Well done! How about a outside dedicated smoking area?
Cannot say we will stay there again as there are hotels that have the exact same rooms for so much cheaper!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear HannelieWright ,

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that we have been able to keep up our standards and very happy to hear that you found our staff to be professional and the service exceptional.

We have taken note of your feedback about an outside dedicated smoking area for consideration.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Karibu

Villars-sur-Ollon, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed here last new year. It was simple and businesslike and lacking in any real character, but was a vast improvement on the dive that was the Hilton in downtown. I stayed here over New Year and regularly walked into town (about 20 minutes) as taxis were not readily available due to the non-central location. This should improve as the roads and construction work nearby are completed. Reasonable price though.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear BSTony,

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience of your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Nairobi here on TripAdvisor.

We always strive to ensure our guests complete satisfaction at Crowne Plaza Nairobi, and it is rewarding to learn that it has been achieved on this occasion. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next trip to Nairobi.

Best Regards

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Despite not being in the CBD, this hotel is in a part of Nairobi that is being rapidly developed and is home to many rapid growth companies.

Service is exceptional. They've gone out if their way for be on every stay. Restaurant and bar us good. Great to do business at.

Rooms are very well equipped, clean and classically modern.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear B1ades ,

Thank you for the notes and for taking the time to post positive feedback here on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted that we met your expectations and that you had an enjoyable stay. I will certainly pass your comments on to my Team with regards to the exceptional service they provided.

You would be most welcome to stay again, and I hope we have that opportunity.

Kind Regards

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Just come back from 4 days at the Crowne Plaza in Nairobi and loved it. I'll start with the staff as they deserve the first praise - everyone, from check-in to check-out was friendly, professional and made us feel welcome and valued, especially the 'front of house' staff who were brilliant at organising transport and recommending where and what to do and then keen to know what our day had been like on return. Nothing was too much trouble. I had a problem with the in-room safe and an engineer was there within 10 minutes to fix it.

Food at the hotel was good (breakfast being nothing startling although similar to most chain hotel breakfasts) but the items we ordered from bar menus were delicious, particularly the pizzas. Drinks and food weren't cheap though.

The hotel was spotlessly clean and couldn't be faulted. My only gripe would be that the pool area is surrounded by the restaurant and I felt a bit self conscious sitting out in the sun with diners having their lunch beside me, but other than that, it was a great stay and I felt the hotel was far superior to some other Crowne Plazas I've stayed in previously. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: Club rooms on the top floor (5th) come with complimentary food and alcoholic drinks between 6 and 7...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Fiona66 ,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Nairobi. I have shared your kind comments about all our staff friendliness, professional and hospitable, especially the front of house staff. Feedback like yours goes a long way to keep my team motivated to go the extra mile.

Thank you too about the positive feedback about the bar food menu and the pizza and must say that the Babalus food menu is extremely popular and very much in demand.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to fellow TripAdvisor viewers and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Best Regards

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza throughout 2012 and I enjoyed every stay. The hotel is clean and tidy and just out of the way of the city to give you some peace and quite when needed. The staff are friendly and the food is of good quality. My only observation for improvement would be the pool area. It is not large enough for anyone who likes to swim to work out instead of the gym.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the interior of the hotel, that way in case the power goes out you will be les...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Adam N ,

It was pleasing to know that you enjoyed the experience with us during your various stays at Crowne Plaza Nairobi.

It was a pleasure to read your review and to see how much you enjoyed our hotel and appreciated the clean and tidy hotel, friendly staff and good quality food.

I am glad to advise that we have planned to build a larger than average pool adjacent to the gym in the near future.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Wishes

General Manager - Crowne Plaza Nairobi

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi? Share your experiences!