“Oasis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kenya Road Upper Hill | PO Box 25574, Nairobi 00100, Kenya (Upper Hill Estate)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
Conway, Arkansas
“Oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

After 10 days in the "bush", I needed some A/C, good food, hot shower and good bed. I got all of that and more during my two night stay. Professional/helpful staff. Good food (although a bit pricey), and a GREAT massage to boot! The steam room and work out facility were a great help in working out the Kenya road kinks. I am adding this stop as a regular for my Kenya trips.

Room Tip: If you are a priority member, ask for a complimentary upgrade when you book. If it is available, th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Razorback11 ,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Nairobi.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the hotel. Thank you for your complimentary feedback in relation to the good food,, comfortable bed and professional/helpful staff.

We were glad that your enjoyed our gym and spa facilities, in particular the massage and the steam room after your work out !!

Thank you for recommending the Crowne Plaza Nairobi to fellow reviewers and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Lorenzo Baleri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was two nights in Nairobi and needed a hotel the local airport and near the client, as traffic is terrible in town. The Crowne Plaza was IT. Superb service a warm welcome at the recon on my arrival, a great and very professional greeting.
The room was super it was spacious, clean and very comfortable.
The restaurant was well stocked, the staff professional and friendly.
The hotel has good high speed Internet, and is easy to use.
All in all a hotel I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite, if you can.
Dear ColmV ,

Thank you so much for your kind words and positive feedback about the superb service and the warm welcome at the reception on arrival at the hotel

We pride ourselves in our spacious , clean and comfortable rooms for which we are renowned of and the friendly and professional staff in our restaurants. I will certainly share the postive feedback with the rest of the team.

Thank you for recommending the Crowne Plaza Nairobi to fellow TripAdvisor readers.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Has an excellent dining experience. One you can die for. Courses well presented with kind and welcoming chef. The menu was well explained and I got more than I could bargain for. The bar and fruit cakes were so good. Definitely visit again

Room Tip: Very good for business travellers.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Hjkenya ,

Thank you for acknowledging the excellent dining experience received by the team at the Crowne Plaza Nairobi. We were pleased to know that you enjoyed a wonderful dining experience and that the courses were well presented with the chef being welcoming and visibile.

Indeed, feedback like yours encourage our team to further deliver guests expectations and to achieve our brand promise,creating Great Hotels Guest Love, and am glad we were able to live up to this promise.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed for four nights while at a conference taking place at the Crowne Plaza. Things started badly as, despite three email requests to the hotel, there was no car and driver at the airport to meet me. That said, there was a hotel car and driver, meeting somebody else, and the driver quickly called the hotel, arranged for another driver to come out and, within 10 minutes I was on my way. Well done to the driver, but someone dropped the ball on the reservation side.

In terms of the location, I did not leave during my stay. If I had wanted to there did not seem much to do in the local area (heavily business) so do not stay here is you want to roam a local area on foot.

The hotel itself was pretty well perfect. Great room, fantastic service, good facilities and a real "buzz" about the place. I would put it on par with any top of the range business hotel anywhere in the world. In a word, and thinking hard about it, I cannot find anything at all to fault it.

I think very much a business hotel - I have not seen a single child here - so maybe not ideal for families, but from a businss perspective I do not think you will find much better - anywhere.

Dear Jonathan200210 ,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Nairobi.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and found it to be on par with any top of the range business hotels anywhere in the world.

I will share with my entire team your feedback about your experience regarding the fantastic service,, good facilities, great room and the real buzz at our hotel.

We have taken the liberty of contacting you direct with regards to the airport pickup request and have taken the apppropriate steps to ensure of a more seamless service in the future.

Once again, thank you for recommending our hotel to fellow TripAdvisor viewers.

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

it just seems that way when your taxi driver turns off the paved road and starts traversing down the most pot-holed dirt tracks in the Upper Hill area. Once you arrive at the Crowne Plaza, and your vehicle is inspected for explosives with under-car mirrors and a quick check of the boot, you're fine. The friendly staff warmly greet you and make you feel welcome. The rooms are what you expect from a top-star chain- well kept, clean and fairly modern since the building is only about 3 years old. The pillow menu is a great service and the breakfast buffet is well worth the visit. Free wi fi (all other hotels take note! FREE wi fi!) and a very well-equipped gym make this a very pleasant property to stay. It's a little out of the way of the city (about a US$5 trip each way which you should negotiate before getting into a taxi - even for the Crowne's own fleet of cars) but it's quiet location. Try the Gazebo Grill place across the road/dirt track from the Crowne for a simple but cheap meal.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid the noise from kids (and adults) playing in the swimming pool, ask for a room t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Alvin W ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a most complimentary and detailed review about your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Nairobi.

I was particulary pleased to know you enjoyed your trip to Nairobi and there were so many positive aspects to your stay,such as the friendly staff that made you feel welcome from your arrival, modern spacious and clean rooms.

Our Pillow menu in the rooms is very popular. Thank you for the fantastic feedback about our breakfast offering as we pride ourselves in offering the best available in terms of quality, variety and service.

We have taken the view of offering added value to our guests hospitality experience by offering FREE Wi fi and a state of the art Gym which has given our hotel a competitive edge.

Our guests complete satisfaction is our main goal at Crowne Plaza Nairobi and it is very rewarding to learn that this was achieved during your stay. Thank you again for recommending our hotel to other travelers visiting Nairobi and we do look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you back to our hotel.

General Manager- Crowne Plaza Nairobi
Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the crown plaza on a quick trip in January through Nairobi. I compare his to the intercontinental where we had business meetings. This was a nicer location but the restraint struggled a bit on food. The general eating and bar were good but the nicer restaurant was nice furnishings but poor food. Just stay with the eats downstairs as they were more friendly and knew how to grill a simple steak. The rooms here wer great and apsart from construction noise near by this really was an oasis in the city away from the traffic. You should note comments on the roads getting here but that's Nairobi. I. Do look forward to returning as it doesn't seem as tired as the intercontinental.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear papat ,

It was very pleasing to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Nairobi and that you compared our hotel more favourably to other hotels in our league in Nairobi. Thank you too for taking the time to recommend us on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to read your review and to see how much you appreciated the location, great room and the friendly staff and good food in our restaurant and bar. We have noted your feedback about the food in our fine dining restaurant and have shared this with my team.

I am pleased to inform you that the roads in Upperhill are currently being enhanced and upon completion will ensure easy and quick access to the Kenyatta International Airport, City centra as well as other major centres.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. I sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future so we can provide you with a more complete experience.

General Manager- Crowne Plaza Nairobi
Danville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My family stayed two nightt prior to and after our safari. The rooms were just what one would expect: Clean large well decorated and equiped. We requested and got adjoining room.

My wife loved breakfast. It was a large buffet. We at one dinner their as well and it was good.

The front desk staff was excellant. I won't tell you what they did for us, but it was above and beyond the call of duty.

The concierge arranged an excellent day trip for and the hotel's cars and drivers were superb.

We will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Bruce C ,

I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Nairobi. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here on TripAdvisor.

I was happy to know you enjoyed several aspects of the hotel, such as the clean,large well decorated rooms and the food.

I will certainly share with the Front Desk staff the positive feedback about going that extra mile, as well as the concierge staff and drivers.

We do look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel.

General Manager - Crowne Plaza Nairobi

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi? Share your experiences!