“Work without luggage!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kenya Road Upper Hill | PO Box 25574, Nairobi 00100, Kenya (Upper Hill Estate)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 105 Hotels in Nairobi
Kent
“Work without luggage!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

I flew to Nairobi from Manchester with KLM, via Amsterdam and on to Nairobi.....sadly I arrived at 7am but my luggage was nowhere to be seen..... So, car to the hotel and met with first class customer service. Staff were delightful....ushered me to the spa as I had an early appointment and my room was not ready. gave me all the toiletries I needed and were keen to ensure that I was looked after. When I returned the concierge was already seeking my luggage whereabouts....(sadly it did not arrive for 48 hrs).
The hotel is modern, comfortable and the staff are attentive, polite and offer a lesson in customer service. I travel extensively for work (10 days or month every month - and with a global remit), this hotel is one of the best as a travelling businessman.
Food was very good and prices reasonable. The bed was incredibly comfortable. Definitely a return location for my next trip to Kenya.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Dear AandAW,

Thank you so much for such a fantastic review about your stay at our hotel. It is wonderful motivation to see such positive feedback and your comments will certainly be shared with the entire team.
We are very much looking forward to continue being your host in the future.

Lorenzo Baleri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Smart, new, modern hotel, seemingly catering more to the business world, but good for any kind kind of visitor. Good location on the hill just outside the city centre.
Rooms are a good size, and furnished in a modern but comfortable style. The room seemed to be well-thought out, with a variety of lighting styles, for example, all in the right place, comfortable bed, variety of pillows and so on.
I stayed on the Club floor which had a very comfortabe private lounge where breakfast could be taken in peace. No time to check out the leisure facilities but everything seemed to be in place.
Staff friendly and polite. No complaints.

Room Tip: Club floor has comfortable private lounge
Dear PhilipRylah,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and in particular the size of our bedrooms, comfortable beds. lighting within the hotel and the general facilities offered on our club floor.

We do hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I'll recommend it if you are travelling for business.
I've stayed there for 31 Days!.

I was able to focus on work mainly as I find almost all what I needed there.

The hotel management takes great deal to provide hotel hospitality level that makes your staying a comfortable one.

The most important this there is the staff friendship, even when they found that I like specific types of food. They started making sure that I find on a daily base the food that I can eat. They did this after they noticed I stay for the 8th day.

Internet is good, food is excellent and fresh. People are very friendly. There is an option of a good walk around the hotel area.
in room facilities are perfect for working at night with good selection of TV channels.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear Amin E,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We were delighted to read that all aspects of your stay were to your satisfaction,starting from the hospitality,comfort, staff friendliness,excellent food and great internet connectivity.

We hope we can host you again in the near future.

Best Regards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for 6 nights in Crowne Plaza in early March. The hotel is considered to be located in the business district in Nairobi, so there is nothing interesting to do nearby. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The hotel has some good amenities like an outdoor pool, gym and spa. Try not to go swimming during breakfast or lunch times because the main restaurant overlooks the pool. The food is ok. Also there will usually be conferences on the ground floor so it can be a little bit noisy for you.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Khaledmarei,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review relating to your recent stay with us. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our clean and spacious rooms.

We llook forward to welcoming you back- maybe to a longer trip when you will be able to enjoy our hotel facilities and Nairobi City more.

With Best regards

Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Check-in: Prompt and efficient. Checked to see if my request for non-smoking room had come through, which they confirmed.
Room: The room has all the standard amenities and facilities one expects from a Crown Plaza. In fact once inside the room you can be anywhere in the world. My room had a side view out on an open field facing east. I was happy to notice that sound-proofing was efficient as there is considerable building activity in the neighborhood. The only downside was the between room sound-proofing. I could hear when someone was having a shower in a nearby room quite clearly. Admittedly, there were no other sounds coming through.
Breakfast: The breakfast room is located ground floor. It is arranged around the internal swimming pool – the pool area itself doesn’t look that appealing as it’s effectively surrounded by the building. The choice of fresh fruits, juices and breads was good. There is an efficient egg station and the standard buffet offerings.
Dinner: The main dining room is the same as the breakfast room. The place has less charm when seen as a dining venue. We were a group of travelers with different flights to catch and hence in a bit of a hurry. Although we asked for a quick service they seemed to be taking their time with separate drinks and food orders, however food came quickly and was quite good.
Front desk and check-out: I had a very early connection so requested a reservation for a taxi the night before. The person at the front desk seemed to make only a mental note of it, so I became a bit anxious and inquired again a bit later. They were clearly annoyed at my disbelief but assured me that the taxi would be there. Early in the morning the check-out was quick. I typically get a bit of a situation when asking to a have in the receipt the company details in a particular order but they were quick and accommodating and the taxi was there on time.
Overall: A very good professional setup and good overall service quality. I would definitely return on business but may search for something with more character if on holidays.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear TripsGR,

Thank you for your kind review.I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Nairobi and chose the Crowne Plaza Nairobi for your accomodation.

I am glad that you and your party were extremely pleased with the facilities,, the cleanliness, food and the service quality.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind Regards

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

The hotel is one of the newer Nairobi hotels, situated in Upper Hill (upcoming business area).
The rooms are spacious, modern and are giving a very good comfort. The beds are of good quality. On the flat TV a large number of English news and film channels are switched on. The bathrooms are big and bright. A kettle to make coffee and tea is in the room. For the standard of the hotel; I would have expected at least a shoe sponge or a shoe cleaning machine on each floor.
The breakfast selection is good, but is in no way worth the KES 2’500.- or USD 30.-. Food prices in general are in this hotel extravagant. For those looking for a small bite at reasonable prices, can find a local restaurant just opposite “Gazebo Grill”.
The gym is well equipped. The swimming pool is for my taste too near to the buffet restaurant.
The staff is very attentive. I have seldom seen so forthcoming hotel staff. Normally as a Priority Club member, I receive in all Hotels of the Intercontinental Group at least a welcome drink, which was not the case in the Crowne Plaza.
The Crowne Plaza is a safe choice, comfortable, clean and with friendly staff.

Dear Riesst,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.We are pleased we met your expectations and hope you return again soon.

We have noted your commentys about the price of our breakfast and assure you we are reviewing our pricing strategy and will be implementing added values soon.

I have passed onto my TEAM your comments about the Friendly service and staff.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best Regards

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

This is a first-class hotel. Very clean, good amenities, good food - not overpriced. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Safe area and relatively close to airport. Highly recommend.Complimentary water is key, as is internet. Will stay again.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tarheelex,

Thank you so much for the recent review. I was delighted to read your comments about your stay with us,in particular the very clean hotel, good food and the friendly staff and that you felt the experience "Home from Home'.

Thank you too for the feedback regarding the safe area and the location of the hotel being conveniently located close to the airport.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lorenzo Baleri

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi? Share your experiences!