“Better Than Average Business Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kenya Road Upper Hill | PO Box 25574, Nairobi 00100, Kenya (Upper Hill Estate)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
IHG Special up to 25% Off
Ranked #15 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
Surrey, UK
“Better Than Average Business Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

Generously sized rooms. Nice bathrooms with large walk in shower as well as bathtub. Free wifi - although signal variable. Staff very friendly and try to please.

Food generally good, especially the restaurant Sikia. Although I did have one poor room service meal.

Excellent gym and good spa - although treatments/massages a bit pricey. Pool oddly located and quite small, but heated and nice enough.

Unfortuanately, smoking rooms are not available.

All in all better than average Business Hotel at a fair price.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, January 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel with such honesty and fairness.It is greatly appreciated.
I was particularly pleased to learn that my team demonstarated high levels of hospitality that one would expect.Service is something that we can influence and take great pride in delivering as best we can. I thank you for the encouranging feeedback about our Sikia Fine Dining Restaurant meal and your disppointment about the quality of room service food delivery.I have discussed this with our team and will be taking the appropriate corrective measures.

Thank you and we hope to welcome you back with us.

292 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Stayed here only for one short night. Were greeted by extremely friendly and helpful staff. Room was nice and spacious as well as clean (the mattresses in our twin beds were - at least for American standard - very hard, but still comfortable).
We had dinner at their "fine dining" restaurant, which was good and certainly better than we expected. Drinks in the lobby bar served by a very helpful bartender.
We left early the next morning without trying the pool, but it looked nice (-:

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind words.We are glad to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us and you were able to experience our SIKIA 'Fine Dining" Restaurant.

It's always a pleasure recieving great feedback and this will definately be passed onto our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Nairobi in the near future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Pretty much what you'd expect form the brand - nice room, comfortable, clean and well serviced. Pool slightly disappointing - right by the restaurant and enclosed so that sun is lost quite early in the afternoon. We were there for a conference, which was not very efficiently managed by the hotel, and the usual inability of anyone below General Manager to make a decision meant our little problems took ages to fix. Overall, good enough, but not quite at full international standards imo

Oh, and Evans, the man in the hat directing traffic, is charming and very helpful.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel recently.Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests.

We would like to express our sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your conferece. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your valuable comments.These are a great deal of importance to us.

Nevertheless, thank you for the positive comments about the hotel and in particular Evans, our Doorman.

We thank you for having chosen our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Everything about this hotel is great - highly recommended.

The check-in and check-out were smooth and staff were friendly - as per the rest of the stay.

My room was (most importantly) very clean and modern. The bathroom is especially nice with a separate rainfall shower. There was no issue with noise so I had a great sleep every night.

One small thing I especially like (other hotels, please start listening...) is that you can switch off all the lights with one switch next to the bed.

I've been spoiled with some great breakfast option in Asia recently; so the options here were pale in comparison but still enough to satisfy your appetite. All the usual breakfast dishes were available (e.g. bacon, eggs, baked beans etc.) The curries prepared for dinner (off the la carte menu) were especially nice - try the Crowne Plaza Chicken Curry.

The health club is actually quite large with lots of equipment and a steam room.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, January 8, 2012
I truly thank you for your kind and generous feedback which I shared straight away with my whole team.We were all extremely glad to have provided you with a delightful stay with us.
Please be assured that we love to make all of our guests happy.
I thank you for mentioning all the departments you've been in contact with as it is very rewarding to know that we have satisfied our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon in order to offer you our undivided attention.

Kind Regards

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

We came to Nairobi for a short stayover before moving on to Mount Kenya. The hotel's facilities were well-equipped boasting of a gym, swimming pool, cafeteria and restaurant. The room was spacious and clean offering guests choice of pillows. There was free wifi available in the hotel rooms as well. I would consider it one of my best stays in Kenya.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
I thank you for taking the time to drop your positive feedback on TripAdvisor regarding our facilities as well as our high level of services.Indeed we try our utmost to have our guests feel at home away from home which is most convenient when travelling abroad.

I hope to welcome you back to Nairobi in the near furure.

Best Regards

Islamabad, Pakistan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I had a very comfortable and convenient stay at the Crowne Plaza at Nairobi for a week for a business trip. The hotel is located in a nice area which is close to the airport and away from the other congested regions of the city. Being a platinum priority club member, I was happily given an upgrade to the club floor though the reception wasnt sure of my room rate but said that it could be sorted out before I leave.

The hotel's room was decent sized and clean and the services team was very efficient in tidying up things whenever I used to leave the 'clean my room' switch on. There was a adequate gym facility with new machines, enough so that I didnt have to wait for my turn. The main restaurant was average at its best, but there was a very good fine dinning facility on the first floor. I used to take the taxi from the hotel and found it very convenient that I could have the taxi fare transferred to my hotel bill and the taxi drivers were very helpful and friendly as well.

And now to the disappointment...upon checking out it took some time to fix my room rate. I had to show it on my laptop and them and then email it to reception for them to fix it. I was surprised that the hotel had no recollection of the offer I was given from priority club website. Anyways when finally that was fixed, I realized that someone had taken a breakfast from the main restaurant and signed it to my room. When I complained that this is not my for me, they dug up a receipt and said its got your room number on it. Having already had to stand for some time, this ticked me off a bit and I had to argue my way out by saying that I was at the club level and didnt need to take a breakfast downstairs and anyways if they paid some attention to the handwriting, anybody could tell that it was no way close to how I had signed for the dinner receipts. Anyways the hotel staff accepted this and finally fixed everything for me.

So overall a very good experience, but be careful and closely check your bill and give plenty of time to yourself for checkout just in case you have an episode like mine.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us and it was truly a pleasure hosting you. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve and exceed the highest quality standards.

We have noted your comments with regards to the check out experience and am indeed sorry we were not able to meet your expectation during this stay.Nevertheless, we appreciate the positive comments you make about our team members hospitality and the hotel facilities and services.

I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Nairobi in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

We came to Niarobi to organise a four-day training event; Conference rooms were spacious (a pity though that not all have windows), staff was very helpful, including in the business center. The food is excellent. The rooms are nicely furnished. The hotel is about 15 minutes away from the airport airport, so it is very easily accessible for those who come from aborad. The only downside is that rooms can be rather noisy, especially if you are just above the restaurant or at the front side (the bar on the opposite side of the street tends to be noisy in the weekends). After I switched rooms, all soved.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up on the back side of the hotel