“Your ultimate choice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kenya Road Upper Hill | PO Box 25574, Nairobi 00100, Kenya (Upper Hill Estate)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
IHG Special up to 25% Off
Ranked #16 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
Singapore
“Your ultimate choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

We came to Nairobi for a short stayover before moving on to Mount Kenya. The hotel's facilities were well-equipped boasting of a gym, swimming pool, cafeteria and restaurant. The room was spacious and clean offering guests choice of pillows. There was free wifi available in the hotel rooms as well. I would consider it one of my best stays in Kenya.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, January 8, 2012
I thank you for taking the time to drop your positive feedback on TripAdvisor regarding our facilities as well as our high level of services.Indeed we try our utmost to have our guests feel at home away from home which is most convenient when travelling abroad.

I hope to welcome you back to Nairobi in the near furure.

Best Regards

290 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Islamabad, Pakistan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I had a very comfortable and convenient stay at the Crowne Plaza at Nairobi for a week for a business trip. The hotel is located in a nice area which is close to the airport and away from the other congested regions of the city. Being a platinum priority club member, I was happily given an upgrade to the club floor though the reception wasnt sure of my room rate but said that it could be sorted out before I leave.

The hotel's room was decent sized and clean and the services team was very efficient in tidying up things whenever I used to leave the 'clean my room' switch on. There was a adequate gym facility with new machines, enough so that I didnt have to wait for my turn. The main restaurant was average at its best, but there was a very good fine dinning facility on the first floor. I used to take the taxi from the hotel and found it very convenient that I could have the taxi fare transferred to my hotel bill and the taxi drivers were very helpful and friendly as well.

And now to the disappointment...upon checking out it took some time to fix my room rate. I had to show it on my laptop and them and then email it to reception for them to fix it. I was surprised that the hotel had no recollection of the offer I was given from priority club website. Anyways when finally that was fixed, I realized that someone had taken a breakfast from the main restaurant and signed it to my room. When I complained that this is not my for me, they dug up a receipt and said its got your room number on it. Having already had to stand for some time, this ticked me off a bit and I had to argue my way out by saying that I was at the club level and didnt need to take a breakfast downstairs and anyways if they paid some attention to the handwriting, anybody could tell that it was no way close to how I had signed for the dinner receipts. Anyways the hotel staff accepted this and finally fixed everything for me.

So overall a very good experience, but be careful and closely check your bill and give plenty of time to yourself for checkout just in case you have an episode like mine.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us and it was truly a pleasure hosting you. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve and exceed the highest quality standards.

We have noted your comments with regards to the check out experience and am indeed sorry we were not able to meet your expectation during this stay.Nevertheless, we appreciate the positive comments you make about our team members hospitality and the hotel facilities and services.

I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Nairobi in the not too distant future.

Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

We came to Niarobi to organise a four-day training event; Conference rooms were spacious (a pity though that not all have windows), staff was very helpful, including in the business center. The food is excellent. The rooms are nicely furnished. The hotel is about 15 minutes away from the airport airport, so it is very easily accessible for those who come from aborad. The only downside is that rooms can be rather noisy, especially if you are just above the restaurant or at the front side (the bar on the opposite side of the street tends to be noisy in the weekends). After I switched rooms, all soved.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up on the back side of the hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, December 25, 2011
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Nairobi for your training event venue and taking the time to share your experience.
I am pleased to hear hear you enjoyed the facilities of the hotel,espescially the bedrooms, conference facilities and our business centre.
We were delighted that you enjoyed our food and have passed your comments to our Kitchen brigade.

We do hope you are planning another visit soon and we look forward to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Nairobi.

Best Wishes
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I travel a lot for business,I was booked into the Crowne Plaza Nairobi by the travel agency of a firm a work for. When I arrived, as a Priority Club Member I was given a Club Level room and full access to the Club Lounge. The front desk staff was efficient and pleasant.

From day one I realized it was one of the best hotels i have had the pleasure to stay at. My days began with a full British style breakfast and wonderful Kenyan coffee. My long hours on the job were greeted by a hot towel and a cool glass of juice every night upon my return to the hotel. The Happy Hour appetizers and beverages were a perfect way to end the day before dinner and a good night's sleep.

The Crowne Plaza chain treats guests well, but this hotel goes the extra mile. Juacinta Kiio, in the club lounge was the perfect hostess as well as a great help in solving some challenges with my billing and helping to set up reservations for other members of my team who were arriving as I went home.

When I was booked to return I immediately called Juacinta to help me get a good, quiet room. My current room is fabulous. I highly recommend this hotel to any traveler to Nairobi. I especially recommend it to any business traveler.

Room Tip: Higher floor away from the front of the hotel
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your glowing review of your recent stay with us.I was pleased you enjoyed the Priority Club Lounge facilities,our Full English Breakfast and the best of Kenyan coffee available.I will pass on your compliments to my team here and especially to Juacinta Kilo in the Club lounge, who took special care of your needs. I hope to be able to personally welcome you to our hotel on your next stay with us which I hope is in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

stayed 6 nights at Crowne Plaza Nairobi, i dont have a bad word to say about the hotel. the service was second to none and the staff were freindly, polite and extremely efficient. Very welcoming atmosphere.facilities were great. My room was beautifullydecorated, well equipped and very clean throughout my stay I must say.the food was superb in both restaurants as well as the selection available in the lounge cafe/bar.I could not have asked for more and will stay there again if i return to kenya.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, December 4, 2011
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay especially the superb food in our restaurants, the friendly,polite and efficient staff and will certainly pass on your kind words to my team.
I hope you have the opportunity to join us again soon and I look forward to meeting you.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Staff were very friendly and it is more than up to Crowne Plaza standards. Don't be too concerned about the neighbourhood though. When my driver took me there I thought I was being dragged off to the Boonies, but in fact it is located in a residential neighbourhood where there has been some commercial development. An excellent one night stop over in Nairobi if you are not bothered about seeing anything.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, November 27, 2011
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Crowne Plaza Nairobi during your recent visit to Kenya and for telling us about your experience.We greatly appreciate any feedback recieved from our guests and always strive to improve further on highest quality and service standards.

We do take our guests and their well being seriously and always strive to meet and exceed guests expectations.

We are extemely pleased that you were satisfied with your overall experience .It is comments such as yours that make all efforts worthwhile and will certainly convey these to the all the Crowne Plaza Nairobi TEAM.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Nairobi in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely

Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed four nights at the Crowne Plaza in Nairobi during a business visit. I found the establishment excellent in every respect. My room was attractively decorated and clean. Hotel services such as Internet access and the fitness room worked fine. Food was great in both the Baraza and Sikia restaurants. We used a conference room for a day-long meeting for about 15 people. The set up was done well, and snacks during breaks were good. Best of all, the members of the hotel's staff were universally pleasant and service-oriented.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi? Share your experiences!