“Safe, clean, friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
Dortmund, Germany
“Safe, clean, friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was hesitating a litle bit about staying there. So i booked another first and then had a look at Kenya Comfort Suites (beware that they also have a sister Hotel which goes by the Name Kenya Comfort HOTEL). I was very happy with my "inspection" and decided to stay there some nights later.
I was staying in a superior room. All the rooms were renovated not long ago. Everything was clean. The room was spacious with a huge double bed and one single. There was still enough room for luggage to be placed on the floorThe bathroom though was a Little bit smallish. The instant shower looked a little bit strange but worked perfectly.
The bed was comfortable and had a four poster mosquitonet.
The rooms face the swimming pool so that there is no noise from the road, which is quiet at night anyway. It might be that you would hear some not very loud music from the residential area behind the hotel.
There seems to be a guard on every floor. Whenever I was Walking down the corridor i saw someone cleaning the floor.
There is a 24h-restaurant, which i only used for breakfast. Breakfast was ok. They have a small buffet with two different Juices, cereals, eggs made to order, Brown and White toast, fruits, jam, coffee and tea (but the coffee is more like brownish water)
Everywhere in the hotel free Wifi was available. They give you the Password when checking in.
When I had a look at the Restaurant/bar in the evening it was quiet and almost empty. There were no signs at all of women available for "Company"
The area itself seems to be quite safe because there are some official buildings nearby. There are also some nice restaurants in walking distance, even at night.
The security at the entrance seemed to be good.
The Hotel is not stylish but solide.
It was possible to pay with creditcard without any surcharge.
I would definetely stay there again and I even would send my parents there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Kenys comfort is clean and ideal to stay for whatever your doing next had a nice meal on the balcony of restuarant watching nairobi world go by. Reception staff very helpful one of them even offering to use his phone to phone england with a sim. Again got me a taxi driver paul for a couple of trips the taxi and paul made us giggle thats me and my grandaughter. I stayed their twice id stay their again. I was shown three rooms i could have best to stay away from front thanks debby pell

• Stayed July 2013
Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Clean, staff is well behaved, rooms are comfortable and hot water is from instant geyser. Lift works and kitchen staff is very good in customer care. My stay was for 2 nights at Jan 2013, some part of hotel is under construction so no internet cafe service is available but work will finish fast. Security is also very tight

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
rabat
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This hotel is rather dark and the rooms are not exactly beautiful, but the staff is somewhat accommodating and brought me buckets of hot water each morning because there was no hot water in the bathroom. I of course got sick because of the lack of hot water, and when you think about it, it is sick that a three star hotel NOT have hot water! Other than the lack of hot water - a very average hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel and all of the hotels in its general geographic vicinity, as I stayed in a few of t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Definitely have to agree with the previous reviewer - this place was a nightmare. We were sent here after their sister hotel in town refused to honour our reservation. It is currently under construction - there are gaping holes in some of the walls and exposed wiring in the lobby. The rooms were dingy, there was no hot water in either of our rooms, and my mosquito net was purely ornamental as it would not close (the other bed in our room didn't even have a net). I ended up getting bitten. We also ate at the restaurant, which resulted in all of us getting sick. I have been living in Kenya for six months, and only upon staying HERE did I get sick!

If you were choosing between this hotel and the one in town, I would certainly recommend the latter. Of course, it's very possible you might arrive there and find they have given your room away to someone else. Best solution - skip Kenya Comfort entirely.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
kchensuites, Manager at Kenya Comfort Hotel Suites, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
I have carefully gone through and scrutinized both your reviews, whose facts I would like to clarify.
Firstly, I believe that you are widely travelled and as such you are fully aware of the booking and reservation concepts worldwide “whenever you do a room reservation and don’t pay for it, the booking remains tentative, it will only be blocked if you make a down payment further reservations without payment can be sold if one doesn’t show up between 6.30 to 7.00 pm latest. You returned late at night, what if you didn’t show up at all and the room was kept for you without payment? May be that is why you encounter some issues with Kenyan hotels. Our sister hotel is located in upmarket at suburbs of Milimani and currently undergoing extensive renovations rooms are not dingy with gaping holes though rooms you were allocated are yet to under go renovations. Since I believe you stay in Kenya I request you to come and pin point the holes expenses paid.
The exposed wiring in the lobby is one of the construction requirement in conformity with the laid down government procedures of occupational health and safety act 2007 for safety of the guests staff and other occupiers of the premises.
The bed without mosquito net was as a result of your needs since you were a family and it was your decision to share a room we had to fix an extra bed but if you could have raised the issue with the duty manager, then you could have been given a separate room without any problem.
All meals in the restaurant are freshly prepared. All our rooms are fitted with hot instant water showers and if you don’t correctly regulate the flow of water then you are bound to get wrong water temperatures.
Besides we run a fairly good forum of sorting out our guest issues as we have a 24 hour duty manager and all other senior managers are on call if one feels dissatisfied
The Hague, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Old building, old furniture, dangerous bathroom, mysterious food, bad and dangerous neighbourhood and the hotel is a great place for prostitutes. You can pick the "ladies" from the bar and lobby.
Stay away from this hotel!

• Stayed October 2010
kchensuites, Manager at Kenya Comfort Hotel Suites, responded to this review, October 25, 2010
This contribution is absolutely incorrect. Our building is up to standard with very spacious rooms. Furniture is well maintained and fully functional. In fact the property is under renovation to be a better 3 star property within the next one year.

Our hotel is at the outskirts of the city center with a very good neighborhood. From city centre our immediate neighbor is an hotel our next neighbor is a plot with very beautiful trees neighboring it is Department of Defence. The other neighbor is an undeveloped plot which will be developed, soon next to it is State house
We don’t have a balcony and our bar largely serves in-house guests because it’s a little bit out of town. There is no surrounding activity which can attract prostitutes at all.

Above all there was no any complaint lodged with our manager regarding food quality.

What we have learned is that infact these were. Dutch guests who had paid dearly to their agent to be booked in a five star hotel. They had negative comments about our paintings on the wall saying that they were advertising prostitution. The truth of he matter is that these are painting of Masaai women portraying their true culture owing to the fact that this is the tribe which has really treasured and maintained its true culture, we feel to be associated with them by putting some of their painting on the walls.
Springdale, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

We stayed here after arriving in Nairobi and before transferring to Arusha for Safari. Not many reviews so I wasn't sure what to expect, but the price was right. This place isn't super fancy, but it's spacious and the kitchen has electric kettles, utensils, toaster, etc. Would not be a bad place to stay for an extended period in that you could take advantage of this kitchen. Furnishings were pretty simple but there was a table and chairs and a couch, small TV, and two beds (a double and a twin), and we got the cheapest option (studio suite I think). Hotels in Nairobi are $$ but this is a good value. Also, there is a restaurant that is open 24 hrs and we had already eaten dinner, but the food looked good. Also a small attached bar. We did have the breakfast included and it was pretty good. Cereals and toast and sausage and cooked to order eggs and great potatoes, and fruit. I would stay here again. Although, they say they have wifi but it was slow as hell when we tried to use it, and only in the restaurant area, but I think this is typical in east Africa.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Kenya Comfort Hotel Suites? Share your experiences!