“Epic night!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 347 Restaurants in Nairobi
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Tamambo Karen Blixen Coffee Garden Restaurant is located in a beautiful peaceful garden setting on Karen Road, on the site of the original Blixen farmhouse property. The Restaurant is open for breakfast from 06.00Am through to 10.00Pm. Diners have a fine choice of different areas for lunch or dinner. There is the indoor restaurant with adjacent outdoor terrace and garden, for a la carte dining. There are also a variety of functions areas such as the Grand Marquee Sultan style tent, available for 'royal style' wedding functions, dinners and conferences. The Grogan House is a lovely space for private dinners and exclusive functions For many Karen residents, the bar which opens out to a shisha lounge is a popular place to meet and mingle with delicious cocktails and bar snacks and satellite TV.
Nairobi, Kenya
“Epic night!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

During the just ended Nairobi restaurant week, my partner had a chance to visit this restaurant. From a male's point of view, i was glad i took her to Ta mambo. The food was delicious not to mention the friendly and efficient service we got during our dinner. I will definitely come back and recommend my friends and family to visit Tamambo Karen Blixen....
EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Turkish first
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Tamambo Karen Blixen is exceptional, my wife and I love the place, it's our favorite restaurant their food is great, especially their Mambrui(oysters) their pork spare ribs are succulent, when they see me they have to organize a spare ribs plate for me! The Ambience is awesome, I just love Tamambo. Jimmy

• Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic and Varied Food Choices in Karen, Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

My partner and I visited Tamambo as part of our visit to Nairobi, we were staying in the Hemingways Hotel just down the road and this was a nice alternative to eating in the hotel.
There were options to dine both inside and out, when we visited there was also a wedding function going on, this only added to the atmosphere.
The menu was varied and also substantial. We were meeting with members of the KTB (Kenyan Tourist Board), they had suggested this restaurant as a meeting place and we were certainly not disappointed.
There was also a good choice of fine wines to accompany the meal as well as a good selection of scotch to finish off the end of a thoroughly enjoyable evening.
Finally I just highlight the service, it was very friendly and also professional.
I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant to any friends and colleagues who visit this area of Nairobi.

Nairobi, Kenya
“Quiet evening Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband and I have been to Tamabo Karen Blixen severally. We once attended a wedding held there and the food was exceptional. We have also previously been at the restaurant they had at THE MALL which unfortunately closed. It was just as good and we spent many birthdays and special occasions there. The food and service is always awesome.
We were at Tamambo Karen Blixen just last weekend and it was amazing. We were welcomed well by the staff and asked about our seating preference upon which they took us to a slightly secluded lounge which was wonderful. Amazing food as always. Keep up the good work

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Out of Africa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Nice place to visit specially if you have read the book or saw the movie. Furniture is supposed to be authentic, but questionable as the property changed few hands in between. Beautiful setting for a wedding reception or a party