“Exceptional” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Tamambo Karen Blixen is exceptional, my wife and I love the place, it's our favorite restaurant their food is great, especially their Mambrui(oysters) their pork spare ribs are succulent, when they see me they have to organize a spare ribs plate for me! The Ambience is awesome, I just love Tamambo. Jimmy

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic and Varied Food Choices in Karen, Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

My partner and I visited Tamambo as part of our visit to Nairobi, we were staying in the Hemingways Hotel just down the road and this was a nice alternative to eating in the hotel.
There were options to dine both inside and out, when we visited there was also a wedding function going on, this only added to the atmosphere.
The menu was varied and also substantial. We were meeting with members of the KTB (Kenyan Tourist Board), they had suggested this restaurant as a meeting place and we were certainly not disappointed.
There was also a good choice of fine wines to accompany the meal as well as a good selection of scotch to finish off the end of a thoroughly enjoyable evening.
Finally I just highlight the service, it was very friendly and also professional.
I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant to any friends and colleagues who visit this area of Nairobi.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Kenya
“Quiet evening Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband and I have been to Tamabo Karen Blixen severally. We once attended a wedding held there and the food was exceptional. We have also previously been at the restaurant they had at THE MALL which unfortunately closed. It was just as good and we spent many birthdays and special occasions there. The food and service is always awesome.
We were at Tamambo Karen Blixen just last weekend and it was amazing. We were welcomed well by the staff and asked about our seating preference upon which they took us to a slightly secluded lounge which was wonderful. Amazing food as always. Keep up the good work

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Pleasant setting for lunch outdoors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

While on a visit to Karen Blixen's house, we decided to go next door to have lunch. A very charming place to spend a couple of hours in the afternoon enjoying the outdoor setting over a glass of white wine and a light lunch! Highly recommend.

• Visited January 2014
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“Awesome services.........”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I was most impressed by the hospitality staff.It is not hard to conclude that the Tamambo team is ready to go the extra mile to make sure that their clients are not only happy but satisfied.