“A major hype, not worth it in my opinion” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 340 Restaurants in Nairobi
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tamambo Karen Blixen Coffee Garden Restaurant is located in a beautiful peaceful garden setting on Karen Road, on the site of the original Blixen farmhouse property. The Restaurant is open for breakfast from 06.00Am through to 10.00Pm. Diners have a fine choice of different areas for lunch or dinner. There is the indoor restaurant with adjacent outdoor terrace and garden, for a la carte dining. There are also a variety of functions areas such as the Grand Marquee Sultan style tent, available for 'royal style' wedding functions, dinners and conferences. The Grogan House is a lovely space for private dinners and exclusive functions For many Karen residents, the bar which opens out to a shisha lounge is a popular place to meet and mingle with delicious cocktails and bar snacks and satellite TV.
Oslo
“A major hype, not worth it in my opinion”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We ate lunch here and expected more from all the hype surrounding this place.

the food was ok. Ginger soup was too sweet, the salad was boring. The steak was good, but a bit fatty. I had fudge for dessert seeing as I cannot eat too much ice cream which was the other option. The fudge consisted of pieces of fudge soaked in a lot of ice cream. The coffee tasted bad which surprised us a lot seeing as this is based on a coffee farm/house.

In addition they are really over charging for drinks.

I would not prioritize to go here again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Houston, Texas
“Excellent lunch in nice surroundings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had lunch here after arriving from the Masai Mara. The grounds are very well kept and provides a nice setting for lunch. Lunch was part of our package so the special menu we had was not priced. The service was attentive and our wait staff was never far away. I selected the tomato soup which was delicious. For the entrée I ordered a Kenyan stir fry style vegetable dish (I can't remember the name) but it was excellent. For desert, I had fresh fruit.
It was an enjoyable, relaxing lunch in a beautiful setting and I would recommend it.

Sacramento, California
“Beautiful space”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The gardens were fantastic and the lunch our group ate was filling and delicious, great choices. The snapper was amazing. Its a little out of town but makes sense to stop here after a visit to many of the other tourist spots in the area.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“A Bit Bland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

No real shakes and they were busy with renovations. An interesting look into those hedonistic days.....

Nairobi, Kenya
“Burger Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The waiter was great. The bread was fresh and moist. I didn't need the butter. That's how good it was.

The services from Georgina and Nelly was world class. My friend and I didn't have to wait for the food.

THE BURGER.....sigh. It was so delicious and well done. My friend finished her fries but not the burger. I on the other hand couldn't finish it. It was too good that there was no room for desert.

I am coming back definitely

• Visited July 2013