“Burger Heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 363 Restaurants in Nairobi
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tamambo Karen Blixen Coffee Garden Restaurant is located in a beautiful peaceful garden setting on Karen Road, on the site of the original Blixen farmhouse property. The Restaurant is open for breakfast from 06.00Am through to 10.00Pm. Diners have a fine choice of different areas for lunch or dinner. There is the indoor restaurant with adjacent outdoor terrace and garden, for a la carte dining. There are also a variety of functions areas such as the Grand Marquee Sultan style tent, available for 'royal style' wedding functions, dinners and conferences. The Grogan House is a lovely space for private dinners and exclusive functions For many Karen residents, the bar which opens out to a shisha lounge is a popular place to meet and mingle with delicious cocktails and bar snacks and satellite TV.
Nairobi, Kenya
“Burger Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The waiter was great. The bread was fresh and moist. I didn't need the butter. That's how good it was.

The services from Georgina and Nelly was world class. My friend and I didn't have to wait for the food.

THE BURGER.....sigh. It was so delicious and well done. My friend finished her fries but not the burger. I on the other hand couldn't finish it. It was too good that there was no room for desert.

I am coming back definitely

• Turkish first
Nairobi, Kenya
“Best burger ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I do not lie when I say that Tamambo have the best burger in Nairobi that I have tasted. First we were met by an awesome waiter and the complimentary bread was soft and moist and fresh. By the time the burger came, neither of us could finish it but it was so awesome!! And the ambiance right under the trees.........I SHALL BE BACK!!

“Excellent Kenya send-off!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We went to Tamambo as a group of 30 to celebrate an intense 2 week education and medical trip. The staff was very attentive to our needs, and they made sure we had finished dessert in a timely manner so we could catch our midnight flight. The atmosphere was open and inviting with a modern African theme. The restaurant is on the grounds of Karen Blixen's plantation, which is a worthwhile excursion. Finally, the food was fantastic. Most of our party stuck with the Themes of Africa menu, and no one was disappointed. I stuck with the fish, which was perfectly prepared. Most menu items were about $20. Overall, it was well worth our time and money.

Lagos, Nigeria
“Nice but way overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My friend and I had drinks in a lovely garden setting. However, these items were so outrageously overpriced that we only stayed for the serene ambience.

Quito, Ecuador
“Lovely place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This place is very nice, full of trees, flowers and pure nature. Food is also good, however, the ambiance is the most remarkable part of the experience!

Visited June 2013