“Beautiful setting for leisurely lunch” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Verandah Garden Restaurant

The Verandah Garden Restaurant
P.O. Box 15212 | Bogani East Road, Nairobi, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)
Improve this listing
Ranked #236 of 361 Restaurants in Nairobi
Neighborhood: Nairobi Central Business District
Neighborhood: Nairobi Central Business District
Bronx Ny
“Beautiful setting for leisurely lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

Tucked away, a stone's throw from Catholic University of Eastern Africa is this beautiful, peaceful, outdoors restaurant. Although their legendary Zanzibar Soup has lost some of its specialness over the years, the food is very good and the atmosphere most conducive to a relaxed lunch or a business lunch.

• Visited March 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Nairobi, Kenya
“Worst steak in Nairobi! Disappointed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We went to veranda restaurant for lunch today sat january 12th ,we ordered veg soup and 3 T-bone steaks which were not fresh and chips were stale ,sauce was served one teaspoon we asked for more they told us they din't have any more left, and the chef refused to make more. I have been to this restaurant 20 times service has always been very bad they see faces and give service apparently but this time the food too put us completely off. For example, the soup was tasteless,bread served with soup was hard. Honestly I am very disappointed and I don't think any of us will ever go back to this restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful food and a chance to enjoy beautiful weather!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Delicious spinach ravioli. Wonderful service. The open air feeling gives full opportunity to enjoy the perfect weather. The key lime cheesecake and French press Kenyan coffee was a treat.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I had several times very nice seafood dishes in this restaurant, sitting outside in a nice garden.

Visited April 2012
Jackson, TN
“My Favorite Restaurant in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

I love the Verandah!! I eat here nearly every year and have never been disappointed. I always get the salmon with dill sauce, and those wonderful "chips" (french fries). I love eating outdoors and the surrounding flowers and greenery. My husband and I ate here on our 31st anniversary last year. We always visit the huge gift shop next door, and have bought several things there that you can't find in the cheaper markets. I will continue to visit the Verandah when I go to Kenya.

• 5 of 5 stars Food