“Thoroughly enjoyable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #96 of 315 restaurants in Nairobi
Kitchener, Canada
“Thoroughly enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Really liked this shopping centre. Thoroughly enjoyed our time there. Appreciated the food stores, the Java House, the Bata shoe store.and especially the high quality Bookstop bookstore! We have never seen such a quality collection of books for sale, particularly the Africa section. Many were university level texts that, according to the proprietor, more professors than students come to buy. Very impressive!

Visited December 2012

79% Recommend
Nairobi, Kenya
“Yaya Centre - Hurlingham, Nairobi, Kenya”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is a very good shopping mall, but very difficult to get parking during the day - so, unless you are going by taxi, be prepared to go round and round looking for parking!!

Visited September 2012
Entebbe, Uganda
“One Stop Center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I found the place very nice with an exquisite finish. It has a myriad of shops where you can buy anything from classy jewelry, clothes, gifts, souvenirs and even gym equipment. It also has a bureau de change with competitive rates. It's definitely an upscale shopping center.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nairobi
“Yaya one of my favs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I like the security, not just the bag checks at the entrances but generally there seems to be security patrolling all the floors which is good coz of the security threats we are experiencing in nairobi and Kenya in general. I LOVE the variety of shops and cafes and restaurants and their service is ok.
The place is clean with clean loos(ladies love clean loos)

Visited July 2012
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“The food court is heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

After eating the worst food of my life for several weeks in rural Kenya, this place is a godsend. Two days prior to eating at the Yaya Center I ate dinner at Havana and another dinner at Carnivore. The food in the food court at Yaya is better than both of those. I was starving so I ordered Chinese food and Indian food. Both were fantastic. The egg rolls were the best I've ever had. I think I had a couple meat dishes, some rice and naan. Delcious! If I go back to Nairobi I want to eat here everyday.

• Visited August 2012