“good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marble Arch Hotel

You added Marble Arch Hotel to your Saves list
Marble Arch Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lagos Road | off Tom Mboya Street, Nairobi, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #57 of 115 Hotels in Nairobi
Reno
“good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed two nights in the suite (before our safari) and one night in a regular room (after our safari). The suite was quite large and nice b/c we were there a full day and were able to watch a movie in the living room. The room needed updating and the tile work, etc. was a little sloppy. Great balcony. But overall a very nice room. The smaller room was fully updated and clean, but of course smaller. Also a nice balcony and view. The restaurant was very nice with lots of choices, including American meals. Free Breakfast buffet was basic but good. Simple but nice lounge. Nice staff. That part of town was very loud (people, traffic, clubs, car alarms), so bring your earplugs! A good deal for the money.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Imma2013, General Manager at Marble Arch Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Great to receive feedback from you.
we are grateful to note you liked our services and we value the comments on the areas you felt we need to improve on. we are committed to ensuring comfort to our customers and these areas will be addressed.

Wishing you peace and good health.

Immaculate
Hotel manager

Mombasa, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Nicely appointed with a great bathroom (nice bathtub, big sink, fluffy towels, shelves to put your things, lights in different places, all clean and new), changing area. There are a tea kettle, fridge, mosquito netting, and small bottle of water every day. Part of the corridor space is open-air so the hotel is fresh and feels spacious. Wifi is decent, though subject to random disappearances. I didn't find the rooms insufferably loud, but I am used to staying in hotels and my standards for noise are much more generous than they used to be, so maybe don't take my word on that. I like being near Super high way.

Best advantage is the staff. I left a small object in my room and they contacted me right away to let me know they had it and offered to either keep it until my next visit or send it to me! Very professional, honest and committed to making you feel at home and safe.
Another negative is that if you arrive before 8am, breakfast is not as nice as its beautiful circular dining room, serving only one juice (albeit fresh-squeezed), a bit of fruit, black tea and coffee, cups of yoghurt (with almonds, cashews and raisins as toppers) and the obligatory wheatabix and cornflakes. The hot breakfast is to order, your choice of sausage, bacon, omelet, beans and toast. Okay maybe that description sounds better than I intended it to -- but for an ovo-vegetarian it's not so great :) By 8 or 8.30 they’ve also assembled two buffet hot dishes, more cut fruit, and two more juices. The Spanish omelet is generous and well-made and you get a whole bowl of beans. For a review of the restaurant itself, look up Sir Abraham restraint on Trip Advisor. Finally, I was bummed there is no gym, but if you are really keen you can get day passes to the fitness center in Blue springs.

If you are eager for such details, check-in is 2pm and check-out is 11am.
Web Www.sunstarhotel.co.ke

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Located at the heart of Nairobi city, Marble Arch hotel is worth considering if you have something to do late atmnight within the NCBD. If you are looking for a cozy place, look elsewhere. It is practical, not cossy. If you are paranoid, about your security, this is not for you, even though it is not insecure. Food is amazing. The staff is very courteous.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Harrisburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Marble Arch, Nairobi, Kenya, every year since 2008. The service is the best ever, and the staff is the most courteous I've ever encountered. In addition, the food is WONDERFUL! The hotel is quaint but beautiful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Imma2013, General Manager at Marble Arch Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2014
Thanks Pastor Sondra for the compliments.
It is always a joy and a blessing to have you all in our hotel. looking forward to your coming visit.

The lord Bless you and keep you.

Immaculate

Hotel Manager
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed here one night on a layover. I arrived at the Marble as the hotel I was booked at, had no rooms after booking on Bookings.com (nightmare). I checked on line for other options under 150USD and the Marble came up. The Marble hotel is right in Nairobi town. It’s easy to get to depending on the traffic and they have an airport shuttle service. Now, the room is basic and the bathroom old style, but things were general clean and tidy, TV forget it.
The staff where the real winners for me, I had European cheese/sausage to put in the restaurants fridge overnight, which the staff looked after for me. The restaurant was OK with a good mash and chicken dish i ordered late, approx 1130pm and the check-in staff were helpful. reception staff repeated several times not to leave anything valuable in the room, they have a safe at reception. This made me a little uncomfortable.
Unfortunately in the morning at 5 am there were Christian evangelists on a megaphone, next to the hotel, or in a church, I don’t know which one, the room had no insulation, so needless to say I was wide awake listening to evangelists in full swing. At 5am it was really loud!
This hotel was ok for me as a quick fix, but I will not be staying again, if I can help it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Imma2013, Manager at Marble Arch Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear esteemed client,

Thank you very much for your review and valuable feedback on your stay with us. We are glad that you liked the hotel and we will talk with our neighbors about the noise and contain it.
It was nice hosting you. Wishing you all the best.
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I always try to give a chance to hotels, whenever I travel, specially when its for business...I had booked 4 days in this hotel but on the first night I decided to leave and moved to the LAICO Regency.
The hotel is very cheap, but from the entrance to the room its freaking dirty and ugly!
The room itself is very dark and it sometimes resembled a room from those African movies where they hold hostages in tense scenes.
The location of the hotel is very central, but its right in the middle of a main bus station...a little bit scary to go outside by myself and it was incredibly loud!
The only plus is that the waiter of the breakfast was nice enough to be teach me about Kenyan food and shared a little bit about his land! The city itself is lovely, but I think people should avoid this hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Pasco, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Marble Arch is a nice hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. I have stayed there on a couple of occasions and plan on staying there again this year. Traveler's must be aware that at the airport there are some very helpful people who have been hired by other agencies to scam people into going to other motels or even use a different taxi service. Marble Arch has always had driver's at the airport awaiting our arrival, and get us back to the airport in plenty of time for our next flight. We were scammed last year by helpful transportation people who steered us away from our hotel pick up, made a false call to the hotel and assured us the hotel had sent transport for a different group of people...we believed them and allowed them to transport us only to arrive at the hotel and discover we had left our ride standing on the sidewalk.....

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Marble Arch Hotel? Share your experiences!