“Good, but not fantastic” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Marble Arch Hotel to your Saves list
Marble Arch Hotel
Marble Arch Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lagos Road | off Tom Mboya Street, Nairobi, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)   |
Ranked #61 of 100 hotels in Nairobi
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“Good, but not fantastic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Located at the heart of Nairobi city, Marble Arch hotel is worth considering if you have something to do late atmnight within the NCBD. If you are looking for a cozy place, look elsewhere. It is practical, not cossy. If you are paranoid, about your security, this is not for you, even though it is not insecure. Food is amazing. The staff is very courteous.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Harrisburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Marble Arch, Nairobi, Kenya, every year since 2008. The service is the best ever, and the staff is the most courteous I've ever encountered. In addition, the food is WONDERFUL! The hotel is quaint but beautiful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed here one night on a layover. I arrived at the Marble as the hotel I was booked at, had no rooms after booking on Bookings.com (nightmare). I checked on line for other options under 150USD and the Marble came up. The Marble hotel is right in Nairobi town. It’s easy to get to depending on the traffic and they have an airport shuttle service. Now, the room is basic and the bathroom old style, but things were general clean and tidy, TV forget it.
The staff where the real winners for me, I had European cheese/sausage to put in the restaurants fridge overnight, which the staff looked after for me. The restaurant was OK with a good mash and chicken dish i ordered late, approx 1130pm and the check-in staff were helpful. reception staff repeated several times not to leave anything valuable in the room, they have a safe at reception. This made me a little uncomfortable.
Unfortunately in the morning at 5 am there were Christian evangelists on a megaphone, next to the hotel, or in a church, I don’t know which one, the room had no insulation, so needless to say I was wide awake listening to evangelists in full swing. At 5am it was really loud!
This hotel was ok for me as a quick fix, but I will not be staying again, if I can help it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Imma2013, Manager at Marble Arch Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear esteemed client,

Thank you very much for your review and valuable feedback on your stay with us. We are glad that you liked the hotel and we will talk with our neighbors about the noise and contain it.
It was nice hosting you. Wishing you all the best.
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I always try to give a chance to hotels, whenever I travel, specially when its for business...I had booked 4 days in this hotel but on the first night I decided to leave and moved to the LAICO Regency.
The hotel is very cheap, but from the entrance to the room its freaking dirty and ugly!
The room itself is very dark and it sometimes resembled a room from those African movies where they hold hostages in tense scenes.
The location of the hotel is very central, but its right in the middle of a main bus station...a little bit scary to go outside by myself and it was incredibly loud!
The only plus is that the waiter of the breakfast was nice enough to be teach me about Kenyan food and shared a little bit about his land! The city itself is lovely, but I think people should avoid this hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Pasco, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Marble Arch is a nice hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. I have stayed there on a couple of occasions and plan on staying there again this year. Traveler's must be aware that at the airport there are some very helpful people who have been hired by other agencies to scam people into going to other motels or even use a different taxi service. Marble Arch has always had driver's at the airport awaiting our arrival, and get us back to the airport in plenty of time for our next flight. We were scammed last year by helpful transportation people who steered us away from our hotel pick up, made a false call to the hotel and assured us the hotel had sent transport for a different group of people...we believed them and allowed them to transport us only to arrive at the hotel and discover we had left our ride standing on the sidewalk.....

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I highly recommend this hotel,it has never been attacked as stated in one of the post.I think the guide who mislead this guest was just malicious and maybe he wanted to divert him to another hotel.We have been using this hotel since year 2000 and we have no complains.The staffs are friendly as well as their restaurant is well equipped,at the mezzanine they also have another restaurant with a balcony on one side where you can relax taking your drinks.
The rated are also friendly as well as for the double goes for 65usd while Singles 50usd on BB.

Room Tip: Rooms on the right are more quieter then the front phase
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I didn't stay there, but - was travelling in December 2011 and booked a room for 2 nights in Marble Arch Hotel, however (!) in the airport my guide told that this hotel was bombed the night before (some Somalian fanatics threw a grenade in a window) and we are going to go to another place

Marble Arch is in official list of places to avoid by tourist because of it proximity to the mosque - popular place for attacks by Al-Qaeda. Be careful if you decide to stay there

Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Marble Arch Hotel? Share your experiences!