“Perfect Choice and a Fantastic Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tribe Hotel

You added Tribe Hotel to your Saves list
Tribe Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Limuru Road | The Village Market, Gigiri, Nairobi 00621, Kenya (Highridge)   |
Ranked #13 of 122 Hotels in Nairobi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Rafael, California
“Perfect Choice and a Fantastic Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

We are from the San Francisco Bay Area and needless to say, the journey was long. Our mission was to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro, my husband's number one bucket list item, and to go on Safari. Before our mission, we wanted to stay in a place that was updated, comfortable, quiet, safe and that has a nice ambience inside and out as well as good food. The Tribe Hotel is all of this and more because their Staff is delightful and they have the most amazing smiles. The room was beautiful, clean and very upscale. The public areas equally are quite lovely. The bath tub and shower were divine. (Only glitch though is when there are lots of guests trying to use the hot water at the same time, one might not get allot of hot water. So, I just took my bath during hours I thought most guests would be not be taking showers/baths.) I enjoyed working out in gym and got some great personal trainer lessons. My husband enjoyed relaxing and reading by the pool. We wish the Tribe Hotel every success.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

Five stars in everything.
Great rooms and very nice common areas.

• Stayed March 2010
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

I travel about 60-70% of my time for work and all over the globe. This is one of my top places to stay simply for the hospitaltiy. The hotel is modern, great rooms, clean, decent food but what makes this hotel is the people.

I've been here 6 times and now they greet me by name and I would say 60% of the staff know my name by now. On this trip I had a accident and had to call the hotel doctor. The next day I had a note in my room and every hotel employee asked me how I was doing. This type of service and friendliness is not found often!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

I am a Kenyan girl, living in Washington DC. I was home for the holidays, and since I learned that Tribe was giving residents a promotional offer ($200.00 per night, as opposed to the regular $400.00 per night) I decided to try it. I was traveling with my Danish boyfriend, and I loved it. Although I loved the decor, the artwork, the staff, it was overall a very over-the-top type hotel. I have stayed at boutique hotels in the States and Europe (the Kimptons etc), but this was really really over the top. The breakfast was delish. The front desk guy was really nice (we checked in Jan 1, 2011) and very attentive. We flew in from Malindi, and the taxi from the airport did not know how to get to the hotel (thank God I am Kenyan and have visited the Village Market several times, so I gave the taxi driver directions). I just read someone's post about twin bed/double occupancy thing, and we had the same issue too. Anyway, they sorted us out and we got a king bed. I am glad we tried it - - was a great experience. Plus Village Market is right there. We were coming back to Belgium on Jan 2nd, so we were able to go to the Nakumatt at Village Market and stock up on Kenyan coffee and tea.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

My friends and I signed up for a10 days trip to Egypt, but unfortunately it was canceled at the very last minute due to instability in the country. I was very frustrated because I had no idea how I could plan another trip in 2 days. I had always wanted to go to Kenya and I was referred to the Tribe Hotel. I reached out to them and they were extremely helpful. Not only did they sort out our accommodation, they also recommended and coordinated a safari package for us within a day. Our Egypt trip was canceled on Monday, we booked our Kenya trip on the same day and left on Wednesday night.
When we arrived at the Tribe Hotel, we found out that it was located in a high-end area in Nairobi, very close to the United Nation. We were there for four nights. The hotel is modern, the rooms are very nicely decorated. It reminded me of the Delano on South Beach or one of those luxury boutique hotels in NYC. I have seen a lot of "modern" but tacky hotels, but Tribe is a combination of contemporary, coziness and African tribal designs done perfectly right.
The service is very good at Tribe, they accommodated to our Safari schedules and allowed us early check ins and late check outs. Whenever we need to go anywhere in Nairobi, their concierge would take care of everything for us. Overall I just LOVED my experience at Tribe.
I also have to point out that the Tribe Hotel is connected to a mall called the Village Market, there are all sorts of cute shops and even a supermarket there. On Fridays, they host a Masai market, where many local vendors selling all sorts of African goodies such as handmade jewelry, home accessories, art etc. I compared prices with similar items I saw at the Safari camps, Masai market is cheaper because you can really negotiate.
The Safari camps recommended by Tribe was also EXCELLENT! We had such an amazing trip, never expected a last minute trip turned out to be so wonderful. Thank you for the people at Tribe to make this possible!!!! This is also my first trip to Africa, I am definitely going back soon!!!

Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

I went to Kenya with my wife and we decided to stay at the Tribe Hotel. All I have to say is what a wonderful hotel. Hotel staff are friendly and very helpful. The rooms are stylish and contemporary. I loved everything about this hotel. The beds were comfortable and the showers were refreshing! I stayed here 4 nights and it was worth it.

My wife and I tried the Spa at the Tribe hotel. It was nice and relaxing. The decor and the atmosphere of the whole spa experience was just amazing. I loved that after you get your massage you can just relax with a nice cup of tea and some fruit.

Breakfast buffet was excellent! Go and try the Tribe Burger for lunch it was awesome!! The Tribe hotel is also right next to the village market which has lots of shops and a food court I especially liked the store named Kalabash had lots of nice African style items for your home. Also the village market has the Masai Market (only on Fridays) all I have to say is wow so many vendors and so many souvenirs to choose from.

I would highly recommend this hotel if you ever visit Nairobi, Kenya.
I am definitely going to come back again!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

Fantastic hotel set in a complex of shops and restaurants.

The hotel is very new and designed to a modern standard.

Everything from the service to the accomodation itself is of the highest standard and is highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Tribe Hotel? Share your experiences!