“Excellent Hotel, Excellent Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tribe Hotel

You added Tribe Hotel to your Saves list
Tribe Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Limuru Road | The Village Market, Gigiri, Nairobi 00621, Kenya (Highridge)   |
Ranked #13 of 115 Hotels in Nairobi
New York
“Excellent Hotel, Excellent Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

My friends and I signed up for a10 days trip to Egypt, but unfortunately it was canceled at the very last minute due to instability in the country. I was very frustrated because I had no idea how I could plan another trip in 2 days. I had always wanted to go to Kenya and I was referred to the Tribe Hotel. I reached out to them and they were extremely helpful. Not only did they sort out our accommodation, they also recommended and coordinated a safari package for us within a day. Our Egypt trip was canceled on Monday, we booked our Kenya trip on the same day and left on Wednesday night.
When we arrived at the Tribe Hotel, we found out that it was located in a high-end area in Nairobi, very close to the United Nation. We were there for four nights. The hotel is modern, the rooms are very nicely decorated. It reminded me of the Delano on South Beach or one of those luxury boutique hotels in NYC. I have seen a lot of "modern" but tacky hotels, but Tribe is a combination of contemporary, coziness and African tribal designs done perfectly right.
The service is very good at Tribe, they accommodated to our Safari schedules and allowed us early check ins and late check outs. Whenever we need to go anywhere in Nairobi, their concierge would take care of everything for us. Overall I just LOVED my experience at Tribe.
I also have to point out that the Tribe Hotel is connected to a mall called the Village Market, there are all sorts of cute shops and even a supermarket there. On Fridays, they host a Masai market, where many local vendors selling all sorts of African goodies such as handmade jewelry, home accessories, art etc. I compared prices with similar items I saw at the Safari camps, Masai market is cheaper because you can really negotiate.
The Safari camps recommended by Tribe was also EXCELLENT! We had such an amazing trip, never expected a last minute trip turned out to be so wonderful. Thank you for the people at Tribe to make this possible!!!! This is also my first trip to Africa, I am definitely going back soon!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

I went to Kenya with my wife and we decided to stay at the Tribe Hotel. All I have to say is what a wonderful hotel. Hotel staff are friendly and very helpful. The rooms are stylish and contemporary. I loved everything about this hotel. The beds were comfortable and the showers were refreshing! I stayed here 4 nights and it was worth it.

My wife and I tried the Spa at the Tribe hotel. It was nice and relaxing. The decor and the atmosphere of the whole spa experience was just amazing. I loved that after you get your massage you can just relax with a nice cup of tea and some fruit.

Breakfast buffet was excellent! Go and try the Tribe Burger for lunch it was awesome!! The Tribe hotel is also right next to the village market which has lots of shops and a food court I especially liked the store named Kalabash had lots of nice African style items for your home. Also the village market has the Masai Market (only on Fridays) all I have to say is wow so many vendors and so many souvenirs to choose from.

I would highly recommend this hotel if you ever visit Nairobi, Kenya.
I am definitely going to come back again!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

Fantastic hotel set in a complex of shops and restaurants.

The hotel is very new and designed to a modern standard.

Everything from the service to the accomodation itself is of the highest standard and is highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

Very cool hotel all around. Staff is very friendly. Good location within Nairobi. Something interesting around each corner. Rooms are very modern and comfortable. Easy walk up to Village Market.

• Stayed January 2011
rwanda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

Great, personalized service from the Concierge began before I arrived, which continued throughout. Staff were attentive and friendly, but not overbearing. Modern rooms; comfortable, lots of lighting options, quiet.

Not sure the pool is meant for swimming. Great 4th floor hookah bar, and delicious food in the main restaurant. Gym gets a pass, and spa perfect marks (thai massage did the trick after the 2.5 hrs in a cab from the airport!). And yes, I did make my meetings!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

I am a Kenyan living in the US and recently returned home to visit family and friends and stayed at the Tribe Hotel with my wife for five days.
What an amazingly great experience: friendly staff, concierge service, food, very clean/well kept interior/appointments.
The concierge has been very helpful in tracing our lost luggage(4) by Virgin Atlantic; they were also very resourceful in arranging/coordinating outside events of choice.
We would recommend this hotel to our friends/family who dont mind chic accommodation without inclusion of breakfast

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

Tribe is a trend-setter, boutique hotel, in the heart of Africa, Nairobi, Kenya.

Stunning architecture, chic interior and sexy bedrooms! Great roof top Moroccan themed shisha bar, stunning poolside restaurant, where you can dine in the pool, or at the raised table surrounded by flames!

I only experienced 1 minor glitch, a cut to the cold water supply during the early morning, which was promptly resolved.

Do you yourself a favour, when in Nairobi, stay at Tribe!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Tribe Hotel? Share your experiences!