“Amazing TREAT....Asante Sana” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tribe Hotel

Save Saved
You added Tribe Hotel to your Saves list
Tribe Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Limuru Road | The Village Market, Gigiri, Nairobi 00621, Kenya (Highridge)   |
Ranked #14 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
“Amazing TREAT....Asante Sana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

One TRIBE One NATION.....was a refreshing slogan that welcomed me to this amazing hotel as I logged into their WIFI to finalise my meetings in Nairobi. Of course I should start back at the reception where my arrival was made seamless by a TEAM of vivacious personnel. The porter service was very helpful with a detail tour around the room and surroundings, which was to become my home for the next four nights....thou my intention was to spend only two nights.

The bed was comfortable and room facilities adequate for a business traveller looking for comfort and a dash of luxury. The laundry service was agile and impressive especially the ironing when rushing off to meetings.

My favourite place in a hotel is always the gym and adored every moment I spent in your gym. Your instructors were very friendly and helpful, I should applaud YOU since in all hotels I have never found a hotel gym with instructors.....maybe I had never taken notice but yours is exceptional. The equipment is modern and adequate for a fitness fanatic like me. Of course the location is grand except that it could be a nuisance to guests staying in rooms nearby, especially with the gym music.

The restaurant was my best refuelling station especially after a nice work out every morning. The breakfast is amazing with Chef surprises every morning. The service always consistent at exceeding ones expectations. Somehow your grill station located by the poolside is a perfect idea. The design of the hotel offers abundant variety especially for foyer and lounge meetings and hangouts. The decor displays that arrogant afro chic look which emphasises the genuine ethos of a TRIBE. Your lounge on the 4th floor was of course a favourite hangout spot after a long productive day.

Thank YOU....Thank YOU for the TV LOUNGE, soundproof and comfortable....couldn't even get any cellphone reception. Enjoyed watching my National TEAM with colleagues and playing music in this lounge. My home when I am in Nairobi is definitely the TRIBE....

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This review is a little late (okay, a whole lot late!) but it remains one of my best experiences ever, hence the need for this review.

In December 2012, the hotel was offering a "pay for two (2) nights and stay for one (1) more night free" for East Africa Residents on bed and breakfast basis. It was a good deal and since my birthday was coming up on the 22nd of December, I figured why on earth not?

The boyfriend and I packed our bags and found ourselves in the afternoon at the reception of the Tribe Hotel, at the Village Market in Nairobi. The Hotel is located, about five (5) minutes from my house so it was an easy choice for a short holiday.

The reception staff were receptive, open and efficient and within no time at all, we were checked into our room on the ground floor. I liked the fact that the staff at the hotel, were friendly but not too friendly although to some (including my boyfriend) they would come across as standoffish. I'm not really a fan of overly-friendly people so it was fine for me.

I would have loved to have a room on the top floors as opposed to the ground floor but that didn't diminish my enjoyment of the room. It was large and beautiful and airy. I especially loved the rain shower and the tub, both of which I really utilised during my stay there. The Hotel also had a wonderful turndown service, the chocolates were wonderful.

The interior of the hotel is something to be admired and studied (intently) it was just so amazing. They had a lot of free rooms and lounges for us to just sit and do nothing without getting into anybody's space.

There's a state of the art gym and swimming pool in the premises for health conscious guests. I used the gym but not the pool, because the water was cold. One afternoon, I decided to visit the Kaya spa whose architecture and interior is something to be admired on a whole other different level, I was not disappointed. Please make sure to check out and use the spa next time you are there.

I'm willing to wager, the Tribe Hotel, has one of the best breakfasts on the planet. Please do stop by and enjoy every bit of those sumptuous delicacies the chefs take time to prepare.

Since our meal plan was bed and breakfast, we took time every day to walk to the Village Market Mall (the Hotel is located inside the Mall) and have our meals at the different restaurants.

I would go back to the Tribe Hotel again and again and I recommend that you pay it a visit too!

I'm unable to click December 2012 in the "When did you travel?" I went in December 2012 not 2013.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

On my business visits to Nairobi, I stay at the Tribe Hotel any chance I get. The setting, with extensive landscaping creatively curved out of a sloping valley, is very tranquil. Rooms are attractively designed and decorated, and are kept meticulously clean (the open style bathrooms are a bit of a challenge if sharing the room). Staff is friendly, courteous and attentive. The meals at Jiko Restaurant have always been very good. Plus there is the option of walking (quite a climb actually) across to the Village Market Shopping Center for more food court and restaurant options. The few private parties in the pool area can be somewhat of a dumper due to noise levels. All in all, highly recommended for your stay in Nairobi.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors, poolside facing are more pleasant. But avoid the rooms close to the '...
Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The is a beautiful hotel, but definitely expensive. The breakfast buffet is very good. Most of the guests are on business, many from area embassies and UN personnel. The staff very professional. The rooms are well-kept and clean. Security is very good. The one drawback is that it is up in Gigiri about $15 taxi ride to Westlands/Parklands were most of the action is. However, if you are only there for a few days, it is right next door to Village Market which has plenty of good restaurants, food court, shops, movie theatre, etc. You won't be bored. The Masai Market is at the Village Market on Fridays. Definitely would go back, no question.

Roskilde, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

In many ways the Tribe Hotel seems to be a top notch, super stylish and comfortable place to stay, well located close to the Village Market and Gigiri district in Nairobi where the United Nations, embassies and the rich are to be found. The designers have had lots of fun putting the multiple levels and flows of water around the (small) pool together and there's plenty of greenery. No complaints about service and the breakfast was good too. But there's an odd atmosphere; a feeling of superficiality and overpricing. I guess the young and beautiful feel at home (there were indeed many in the little 4th floor bar one evening, smoking water pipes and looking cool). However, I felt as if I was on display, but past my sell by date. Probably the Tribe suits the taste of many people as other reviews suggest. But I'll go for a cheaper and less trendy option if I'm in Nairobi again.

Boras, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is close to the UN, Embassy belts and Village market and that's why its popular. Downtown you can get better hotels. We stayed 3 nights and had following complaints.

Build work going on next door can be heard in the rooms, especially east rooms as you face the hotel. We asked to be moved without success.

Lots of business men on their own, so the place is a magnet for ladies of the night, who are very arrogant and feel they owned the place. One duty manager rang me at night and abused me for telling one where to go.

Front desk staff have an attitude they are doing you a favour by letting you stay their. Not service minded in the least especially one very arrogant young lady that seems to have issues with white people in general.

The pool closed for two days for a private party,this has been pointed out by other reviews on tripadvisor. To hell with the guests type attitude when asked if this was fair hotel guests paying $200 a night. We went to another hotel downtown to sit at the pool instead.

The great reviews this place gets beats me and certainly fooled us into staying which we regretted. They will not refund your money if you want to leave so beware.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I travel a lot, and that is an understatement. Visit the spa to press your reset button. The experience was just what I needed after an exhausting week. Kudos to someone I think called Amar at the spa reception who managed to schedule me at the last minute and was really pleasant.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to Tribe Hotel? Share your experiences!