“Excellent staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tribe Hotel

Save Saved
You added Tribe Hotel to your Saves list
Tribe Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Limuru Road | The Village Market, Gigiri, Nairobi 00621, Kenya (Highridge)   |
Ranked #14 of 105 Hotels in Nairobi
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

An amazing place to stay! The rooms are stylish and very cosy! The environment around the hotel is beautiful and relaxing! However, what really makes the difference is the staff! From the check in and during the whole stay, everybody is trying to meet and exceed your expectations! Always with a smile and all their attention!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed at the Tribe in November and foud it to be a very comfortable and clean hotel. The staff is very friendly and always willing to help. I really enjoyed the mall that is on the property. The mall has a food court and a grocery store just in case you need something different.
The restaurant is very good with a wonderful breakfast. If you have lunch or dinner there, please try the Tribe burger. One of the best burgers I have had outside the U.S.
The hotel also offers tours to the Nairobi national park. If you have a chance, please take the tour and visit the elephant rescue. It is well worth the price. The more people you have going, the cheaper it is per person.
I really enjoyed staying at this hotel and look forward to staying again.

Room Tip: Nairobi sits at about 6000 feet. If you are not used to the altitude, try to get a room on a floor w...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Youll find a unique experience in this hotel. Standard rooms are a little small. Food is ok, service at restaurant a little slow. The common areas are comfortable. I live in Nairobi and i always use Tribe to accomodate visitors.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I am and have been a member of the Tribe for a couple of years now. My last stay there from end July to end November 2013 which tells a lot from someone who'd rather prefer staying in an apartment. It is of course an amazing place, a perfect location and a beautiful decor but all that is nothing compared to the warmth, the personal attention and the special care from the staff. They go about their work with competence and professionalism but with that extra typical African sense of hospitality and patience required to deal with all customers but especially with some "difficult" ones. Needless to say that as a long stay guest, and a demanding one, I confess, I was made to feel at home and can't wait to return...The staff at Tribe makes the whole difference and I wish the owners would realize that and give them due recognition or else they might find themselves with a very beautiful but empty shell.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mombasa, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I'm a frequent visitor at the establishment and that's my no.1 stop every-time I'm in Nairobi for business, they have the best service and world-class staff who make you feel at home every time you are there mostly at the Lounge their is a lady known as Jackie or something who brought me my wallet and credit card after I lost them while drinking at the Lounge with all my cash in it. These are some of the biggest assets of the Tribe family.
Coming for a two week vacation in Nairobi next month and that will be my immediate stop.
John.
Redcap International.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

In 2013 I stayed over 5 months at Tribe hotel ... you would think after that amount of time, I would want to leave, but not so... I have loved the personal attention, the friendliness of the staff truly making me feel at home... the physical beauty of the space... I am still amazed... the fitness centre and trainer I use minimum 3 times per week... the decor is truly special... I am still not yet bored.. the location is perfect... the warmth of my room... it has all been a very memorable experience... I simply cannot wait until my next return... thank you Tribe for spoiling me!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed at the hotel on a stopover in Nairobi and it was fantastic. Understandably after the Westgate Mall attack I was a little nervous about staying but the hotel was great and I am so glad that I didn't change my plans. Anyone with security concerns- the hotel had strict security and I felt completely safe.

All of the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. I arrived early in the morning but was still able to check in to my room. The hotel is a great example of a boutique hotel, I love hotels which have a bit of personality but are also comfortable. Room had an amazingly comfortable bed and the bathroom was fantastic.

The pool was great (most of the other guests were on business so I pretty much had my own private pool). The restaurant had a good selection and was really reasonably priced, the waitresses recommendations were excellent choices. There are a couple of bars in the hotel, a movie room, rooftop relaxtion area and although I didn't have any treatments the spa looked impressive and the pricing was fairly reasonable.

There is also a mall which is part of the same complex (you just have to walk out the hotel and up the steps opposite) my luggage was delayed which gave me a great excuse to buy a new dress etc.

If I come back to Nairobi I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Tribe Hotel? Share your experiences!