“Absolute perfection” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tribe Hotel

You added Tribe Hotel to your Saves list
Tribe Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Limuru Road | The Village Market, Gigiri, Nairobi 00621, Kenya (Highridge)   |
Ranked #12 of 133 Hotels in Nairobi
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Absolute perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed at the hotel on a stopover in Nairobi and it was fantastic. Understandably after the Westgate Mall attack I was a little nervous about staying but the hotel was great and I am so glad that I didn't change my plans. Anyone with security concerns- the hotel had strict security and I felt completely safe.

All of the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. I arrived early in the morning but was still able to check in to my room. The hotel is a great example of a boutique hotel, I love hotels which have a bit of personality but are also comfortable. Room had an amazingly comfortable bed and the bathroom was fantastic.

The pool was great (most of the other guests were on business so I pretty much had my own private pool). The restaurant had a good selection and was really reasonably priced, the waitresses recommendations were excellent choices. There are a couple of bars in the hotel, a movie room, rooftop relaxtion area and although I didn't have any treatments the spa looked impressive and the pricing was fairly reasonable.

There is also a mall which is part of the same complex (you just have to walk out the hotel and up the steps opposite) my luggage was delayed which gave me a great excuse to buy a new dress etc.

If I come back to Nairobi I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for only a few days. Very pleased. Happily will return. Design and style of hotel beautiful. Breakfast variety and hotel personnel were always helpful and professional. Fitness center was great offering many machines. Bed was quite comfortable and rooms quiet. Gift shop on second floor was very nice and location is across street from mall so able to go shopping or eat at food court. Felt safe while staying. Wifi readily accessible and was included in my rate.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We had great service and enjoyed the breakfast spread. My daughter loved the stones built as a crossing across the pools. Extraordinarily friendly greeting at the reception. We got a free upgrade as well.

Downside:
The a/c did not work well
Internet did not work in the room, even with the in room repeater brought in
Tv reception was not good

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Nairobi, Kenya
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I got a healthy dose of racism at Tribe two Fridays ago. Security wouldn't let me park my car inside, claiming parking was full/big VIP entourage/etc etc despite the fact we had booked a boardroom for a full day conference. Made me park outside, while allowing two red plates cars in straight behind me. Parking was plentiful. They then allowed a Caucasian colleague to park inside a few minutes after me. I made hell but the Manager wasn't too bothered, making lame excuses.

Funniest thing is I had forgotten something in the car, so had to go outside to get it, when a female African colleague walked in followed by two Caucasians ladies. She was called to the guard house for her handbag to be checked, while the two Caucasians walked in freely. Really? Tribe should be boycotted, or security should be educated.

Avoid Tribe...unless your the right colour.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TribeHotel, Manager at Tribe Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear KulaRaha,

Thank you for your review dated November 6, 2013.

I would like to apologize for your experience at Tribe, we have taken the matter very seriously and I believe that the management of the hotel has been in contact with you to address the concerns outlined in your review.

I sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to host you again, i assure you that you will not be disappointed.

Yours Sincerely,

Alina Haq
Marketing Manager
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We arrived at tribe about 9am after travelling all night and were allowed to access our room immediately which was wonderful! The style and layout of the hotel was stunning with interesting art and sculptures adding to the environment. We spent the afternoon sitting outside enjoying the buffet lunch and the band which was playing. It was very good value for money, particularly given the beautiful surroundings. All in all, we could not fault Tribe and wished we had been staying longer than one night!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed here for a week due to work. Hotel is very modern with good amenities. I did not get t partake in breakfast, however the food for dinner and or pub grub is good. Room was a nice size as well as the bathroom. On occassion the power did go out however this is to be expected as it is Africa, TV choices OK for Africa it was good, I did not use the movies. Staff was very attentive and helpful. Overall Good Hotel. One downside is that if there is a party at the pool area you will hear it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have stayed at the Tribe many many times in the past and frequently recommend this hotel to friends. However the last time I stayed at the tribe which was 18 Sept 2013, it was extremely disappointing. I arrived at the hotel after being in the traffic for about two hours, reception handed me the room key but when I got to the room the bed was not yet made up. Housekeeping were informed and took an hour to rectify. The television was not working, this tool maintenance 2 hours to get there and fix. In the morning, at breakfast, I ordered two fried eggs, which I waited about 40 minutes, when I enquired the "chef" had forgotten, I was late so could not waite any longer, so I left, and proceeded to check out of the tribe and move to another hotel in Nairobi.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TribeHotel, Manager at Tribe Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear ElleVee288,

Thank you for your review dated October 31, 2013. I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for your experience at Tribe. As you may be aware from your previous stays with us, at Tribe we strive to maintain a high level of service in all our offerings. Unfortunately we fell short of our own as well as your expectations.

I have addressed the issues with the relevant departments and i assure you that the required action will be taken to rectify the issues. I hope that you are able to give us another chance as we would be delighted to host you again.

Please contact me directly at marketing@tribehotel-kenya.com the next time you plan on coming to Nairobi.

Kind Regards,