“Quite a unique establishment” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tribe Hotel

Save Saved
You added Tribe Hotel to your Saves list
Tribe Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Limuru Road | The Village Market, Gigiri, Nairobi 00621, Kenya (Highridge)   |
Ranked #13 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Quite a unique establishment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We had great service and enjoyed the breakfast spread. My daughter loved the stones built as a crossing across the pools. Extraordinarily friendly greeting at the reception. We got a free upgrade as well.

Downside:
The a/c did not work well
Internet did not work in the room, even with the in room repeater brought in
Tv reception was not good

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Nairobi, Kenya
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I got a healthy dose of racism at Tribe two Fridays ago. Security wouldn't let me park my car inside, claiming parking was full/big VIP entourage/etc etc despite the fact we had booked a boardroom for a full day conference. Made me park outside, while allowing two red plates cars in straight behind me. Parking was plentiful. They then allowed a Caucasian colleague to park inside a few minutes after me. I made hell but the Manager wasn't too bothered, making lame excuses.

Funniest thing is I had forgotten something in the car, so had to go outside to get it, when a female African colleague walked in followed by two Caucasians ladies. She was called to the guard house for her handbag to be checked, while the two Caucasians walked in freely. Really? Tribe should be boycotted, or security should be educated.

Avoid Tribe...unless your the right colour.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TribeHotel, Manager at Tribe Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear KulaRaha,

Thank you for your review dated November 6, 2013.

I would like to apologize for your experience at Tribe, we have taken the matter very seriously and I believe that the management of the hotel has been in contact with you to address the concerns outlined in your review.

I sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to host you again, i assure you that you will not be disappointed.

Yours Sincerely,

Alina Haq
Marketing Manager
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We arrived at tribe about 9am after travelling all night and were allowed to access our room immediately which was wonderful! The style and layout of the hotel was stunning with interesting art and sculptures adding to the environment. We spent the afternoon sitting outside enjoying the buffet lunch and the band which was playing. It was very good value for money, particularly given the beautiful surroundings. All in all, we could not fault Tribe and wished we had been staying longer than one night!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed here for a week due to work. Hotel is very modern with good amenities. I did not get t partake in breakfast, however the food for dinner and or pub grub is good. Room was a nice size as well as the bathroom. On occassion the power did go out however this is to be expected as it is Africa, TV choices OK for Africa it was good, I did not use the movies. Staff was very attentive and helpful. Overall Good Hotel. One downside is that if there is a party at the pool area you will hear it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have stayed at the Tribe many many times in the past and frequently recommend this hotel to friends. However the last time I stayed at the tribe which was 18 Sept 2013, it was extremely disappointing. I arrived at the hotel after being in the traffic for about two hours, reception handed me the room key but when I got to the room the bed was not yet made up. Housekeeping were informed and took an hour to rectify. The television was not working, this tool maintenance 2 hours to get there and fix. In the morning, at breakfast, I ordered two fried eggs, which I waited about 40 minutes, when I enquired the "chef" had forgotten, I was late so could not waite any longer, so I left, and proceeded to check out of the tribe and move to another hotel in Nairobi.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TribeHotel, Manager at Tribe Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear ElleVee288,

Thank you for your review dated October 31, 2013. I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for your experience at Tribe. As you may be aware from your previous stays with us, at Tribe we strive to maintain a high level of service in all our offerings. Unfortunately we fell short of our own as well as your expectations.

I have addressed the issues with the relevant departments and i assure you that the required action will be taken to rectify the issues. I hope that you are able to give us another chance as we would be delighted to host you again.

Please contact me directly at marketing@tribehotel-kenya.com the next time you plan on coming to Nairobi.

Kind Regards,

Alina Haq
Marketing Manager
Ry, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Visited the Tribe hotel during a business trip with a group of colleagues. We spent 4 days having a workshop, and both the facilities, the rooms as well as the restaurant was very good. All in all a splendid hotel for business.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I would suggest this hotel to anybody traveling to Nairobi. The hotel is beautiful. The staff is always helpful and friendly. The security is top notch. The pool is nice, but I never had to the chance to swim. The fitness center has some very interesting equipment, and is very nice for a hotel gym, It's not Lifetime fitness, but it is a hotel.

The access to the marketplace next store is one of its best attributes. It is not close to downtown, but the market has all you need (try the italian restaurant).

Overall, I would suggest this to anybody who travels here!

Room Tip: Do not get room 405, it is nice, but right across the hall from the upstairs bar! It gets loud on...