“Stay in Nairobi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tribe Hotel

You added Tribe Hotel to your Saves list
Tribe Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Limuru Road | The Village Market, Gigiri, Nairobi 00621, Kenya (Highridge)   |
Ranked #12 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
“Stay in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We arrived in Nairobi the weekend of the terrorist attack. we had no problem on arrival and were picked up at the airport by a Tribe Hotel SUV. Security was high at both the entrance to the hotel and the adjacent Village Market Shopping Centre.

The Tribe is fairly new and very modern in design located in the United Nations area of the city. Reception, bar and restaurant staff were efficient and friendly. Food was good both at the hotel and the various restaurants in the Shopping Centre. I was on business most of the week but my wife was able to book various city excursions through the hotel. She visited the Elephant orphanage, the Giraffe Centre and the Museum of Anthropology and enjoyed them all.

We went on safari the second week which included a day room at the Tribe at the end of the safari prior to catching a late evening flight to London. We would highly recommend the Tribe to anyone visiting Nairobi.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed here our last night in Kenya and was the perfect choice. Wished we could stay longer just to stay here! Service was very good and lots of attention to security to ensure guests felt comfortable. The hotel itself is like a piece of art, such attention to detail everywhere. Was stunning. Rooms are beautiful and the most comfortable beds, slept great! Linens and room amentities are very good. There was even a coffee press in room. Breakfast is included and is a large buffet in Jiko Restaurant. Best almond croissant among all the other delicious offerings. Lovely gift shop and spa. Really do nt know what could be improved upon. Staff was all excellent! Hotel is located beside Village Market so easy to pop over if you need anything and are a couple of great coffee shops, a cafe and bakery among shops.

Room Tip: Based on quality and detail expect all rooms are excellent. In the city so not aware is there are be...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mombasa, Kenya
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Apart from the rooms being comfortable, lot of other problems we faced. Receptionist was too rude and despite our booking confirmation voucher, they wouldn't agree with us on pricing saying the price was higher.
The pool was too cold, and the hot pool was too hot, no one uses the pool so it is not well looked after.
The service from rest of the staff was good, but hotel is over rates for its service and hospitality

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Tribe several times. The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly. The rooms are modern and up to date.

It is secure and is located right next to the village market. The Village has great shopping and many dining options.

The pool area is lacking and doesn't really invite you do lounge and enjoy the poolside. My most recent visit I had issues with my air conditioning. It would keep Turning off after about 20 mins. I had to get up several times in the night to restart it.

I will likely stay at the Tribe again on future visits to Nairobi.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife, daughter and I recently stayed there, 2 nights, (then a safari), and back for another night. We arrived 4 days after the mall attack. Our room wasn't ready, so they gave us a free upgrade. The decor is modern. It has an excellent pool, roof deck bar, the fitness room is excellent, and even the conference facilities looked good. The restaurant was fabulous! We ate most of our meals there. I even got a haircut there by Steve, a top notch stylist. I would definitely stay there again, as all aspects were a cut above. With only one exception. My wife and daughter went to a market, and were told they would be driven there in one of the hotel's land cruisers, which they were. They were told it was free for one hour. Due to the typical Nairobi traffic, they were 10 minutes late. The bell captain charged my wife $50 for the ride. I would suggest walking up to the Village Market and getting a cab which are much cheaper (half the price or more to the airport) than the hotel's transportation. Other than that, it was an excellent experience with friendly service and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My first visit to the hotel was to meet up with a friend. I was already staying at another hotel down town (wouldn't mention which one). The hotel seemed to be new and the decor was stunning. I came back later on and booked a room. I was very satisfied with the room. I stayed with my wife. Our first night together after getting married. We were both amazed. The bed was very comfortable. The room was very very neat. Decor was also on point. The service I received was very very pleasant. I definitely, without any reservations, recommend this hotel to everyone. Worth all the money I spent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
washington dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

i recently stayed at the Tribe for a 4th time in Nairobi; I was involved in the recent events and was caught in the mall for over 6 hours, after I got out. when i went to the center that was setup for helping victims get back home and decompress. I was met by the owner of the TRIBE; he personally came out to get us and insure our safe passage back to the hotel. Later that night the GM took us for anything we wanted for food and drinks on the Tribe; they also had a trey of gourmet candy and drinks at my bed room table. I cannot say enough about the Tribe hotel and its customer service and taking care of there guests. They are truly 1st class hotel and to have the owner of the hotel come and get us after the event at the mall and insure we got back to the hotel was incredible; there is only one hotel to stay at Nairobi its the Tribe outstanding customer service.

Room Tip: it;s all good , they treat you like family.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Tribe Hotel? Share your experiences!