“All around excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tribe Hotel

You added Tribe Hotel to your Saves list
Tribe Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Limuru Road | The Village Market, Gigiri, Nairobi 00621, Kenya (Highridge)   |
Ranked #12 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
Boston, Massachusetts
“All around excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife, daughter and I recently stayed there, 2 nights, (then a safari), and back for another night. We arrived 4 days after the mall attack. Our room wasn't ready, so they gave us a free upgrade. The decor is modern. It has an excellent pool, roof deck bar, the fitness room is excellent, and even the conference facilities looked good. The restaurant was fabulous! We ate most of our meals there. I even got a haircut there by Steve, a top notch stylist. I would definitely stay there again, as all aspects were a cut above. With only one exception. My wife and daughter went to a market, and were told they would be driven there in one of the hotel's land cruisers, which they were. They were told it was free for one hour. Due to the typical Nairobi traffic, they were 10 minutes late. The bell captain charged my wife $50 for the ride. I would suggest walking up to the Village Market and getting a cab which are much cheaper (half the price or more to the airport) than the hotel's transportation. Other than that, it was an excellent experience with friendly service and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My first visit to the hotel was to meet up with a friend. I was already staying at another hotel down town (wouldn't mention which one). The hotel seemed to be new and the decor was stunning. I came back later on and booked a room. I was very satisfied with the room. I stayed with my wife. Our first night together after getting married. We were both amazed. The bed was very comfortable. The room was very very neat. Decor was also on point. The service I received was very very pleasant. I definitely, without any reservations, recommend this hotel to everyone. Worth all the money I spent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
washington dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

i recently stayed at the Tribe for a 4th time in Nairobi; I was involved in the recent events and was caught in the mall for over 6 hours, after I got out. when i went to the center that was setup for helping victims get back home and decompress. I was met by the owner of the TRIBE; he personally came out to get us and insure our safe passage back to the hotel. Later that night the GM took us for anything we wanted for food and drinks on the Tribe; they also had a trey of gourmet candy and drinks at my bed room table. I cannot say enough about the Tribe hotel and its customer service and taking care of there guests. They are truly 1st class hotel and to have the owner of the hotel come and get us after the event at the mall and insure we got back to the hotel was incredible; there is only one hotel to stay at Nairobi its the Tribe outstanding customer service.

Room Tip: it;s all good , they treat you like family.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights in September 2013, found staff very friendly and helpful. I would recommend the hotel to anyone that has a need for business stay in Nairobi. The hotel restaurant had an great breakfast and the internet connection was excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights last week.

The hotel interior design has this nice touches and comfy fusion of ethnic and modern designs and decorations.

We were booked on a standard room but decide to try the Ambassador suite for the next days. Standard room room is decent and has a comfortablrle bed though a bit small and feels cramp

The next day when we were supposed to shift, they were only able to prepare the room for us to shift at 6pm. 4 hours after were supposed to checked-in. The lack of urgency particularly the front desk was a let down. I have to call more than 4 times to check and they don't even try to atleast update you on the status.

Their only Ambassador suite or perhaps the only available, as per Front Desk, was on the second floor and smelled weird. We were not comfortable with it and requested for us to find another room. We found out from the staff that the room is facing the sewerage outside. Nice! : ( They shifted us to a Junior suite though better, aircon wasn't working properly and has to be fixed the next day.

Epic restaurant in the hotel is a redeeming part of the hotel, menu selections are fantastic and the staff are attentive and friendly.

We wanted to extend for another day but, decided to just go home.

Yes, the place is near Village market and Epic Restaurant is great but, if that's the only good factors for staying in- it's not worth it for me.

• Stayed September 2013
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a modern and comfortable hotel located in the diplomatic section of Nairobi.
All the amenities are provided in a lovely atmosphere. The rooftop bar is lovely. We found the food good, but the service lacking.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Woodstock, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The Tribe Hotel is nothing less than pure eye candy! Gorgeous African relics and artwork abound throughout this beautiful hotel. The staff is pleasant, the food is good and the beds are very comfortable. The bar has a happening scene and I would not hesitate to book here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Tribe Hotel? Share your experiences!