“Hip, Modern and Visually Appealing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tribe Hotel

Save Saved
You added Tribe Hotel to your Saves list
Tribe Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Limuru Road | The Village Market, Gigiri, Nairobi 00621, Kenya (Highridge)   |
Ranked #11 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
Woodstock, Georgia
“Hip, Modern and Visually Appealing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The Tribe Hotel is nothing less than pure eye candy! Gorgeous African relics and artwork abound throughout this beautiful hotel. The staff is pleasant, the food is good and the beds are very comfortable. The bar has a happening scene and I would not hesitate to book here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

408 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Mauritius
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I went to a Saturday "Sundowner" Pool party here back in July, and it was a great crowd, and a funky place with excellent music.

Did not stay here, so cannot comment about the rooms, but the overall feel and service at the hotel was good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Puerto Cayo, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

What can I say - thanks to all of the staff. The rooms are great, spa treatment was professional, and breakfast has a great selection. The Wifi in the rooms is weak. Also the laundry service is expensive compared to the rest of the services available. The location is convenient to a mall where one can shop for just about anything. If you are there on a Friday - go to the artesian market. It is fun to see. I would recommend not buying out there as the same items are available in the shops in the mall and for a fair and reasonable price.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the front entry. People leave for safaris really early in the morning. They a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel recommended by our friends. Check In was very very slow. It took us almost 45 minutes to do so. They could not find our reservation which had been reconfirmed by our friends an hour before. The person at the counter was very slow. Then some mix up with our needing a non smoking room and they did not have one free so said they would try and get one so a further delay.
We finally did make it to our rooms and were pleasantly surprised at the size. It was very small with no view. Anyways then we had a plumbing issue with the whole sink leaking into our room. They did manage to sort it out.
Anyways interiors of the hotel are very nice and modern. The light switches were a little confusing .
The village shopping market is just a two minute walk away in the same enclosure. So lots of options for shopping and restaurants. We did try the art caffe which was excellent.
Breakfast is the only meal we had in the hotel which was quite good. But we would have enjoyed some more vegetarian options. Service was not as friendly as we had oped for since Africa is known for their service.
There is nice small pool outside but it is not heated and since it was cold when went could not use it.
Wifi is available and not very good connectivity and expensive.
The concierge were quite helpful.
Overall a nice stay. Would stay again as a couple but not with children.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TribeHotel, Manager at Tribe Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Darshikaajomal,

Thank you for your review dated September 8, 2013.
I would like to apologize for your check in experience, we strive to maintain a 5 minute check in policy for all our guests and it is disappointing that you did not receive this. I have taken up the matter with our front office team.

Thank you for your compliments regarding the interiors of our hotel, the proximity to the village market and our breakfast buffet. I will share your feedback with our chef regarding a larger variety of vegeterian options.

I am pleased to inform you that our swimming pool is now heated, I hope you can enjoy this on your next visit to Nairobi.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Tribe soon.

Kind Regards,
Alina Haq
Marketing Manager
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed at the Tribe at least 3 times for business. My colleagues and I like its location since it is so close to Village Market. The first time we stayed there it was ok, but we thought the hotel was loud. The hotel is not well designed in terms of noise reduction. We didn't sleep very well because of the constant doors slamming, hearing people through the walls, etc, however we chose to stay there again because of the location and some of the staff.

On our second stay, we were quite disappointed, rude reception staff, charging a colleagues card for another person's stay, issues arranging our car for meetings everyday and some other small things. After this experience the hotel management apologized and asked us to please stay with them again and they would make it up to us so we just did again this past month.

On this stay I was checking in quite late at night and was reviewing my check in information, I realized we would all likely be needing late checkouts and I was rudely told that we already got free spa treatments. I was quite confused by this. Apparently we were being given free spa treatments to make up for last time. I am not sure how a free spa treatment means I can't have a late checkout but I was tired and went to my room. In my room was my free spa voucher for a treatment which included sitting in a sauna and rubbing mud on yourself (to me this is not a treatment). The next issue was the fact that my colleague had been bitten by a spider while she slept in her bed and upon asking for this situation to be remedied by changing her room or at least spraying the room and removing the bed linens, the person said ok and then when following up, found out it never happened. We asked for her to have a new room and the staff member said I have no rooms, "can't you just sleep in there tonight and we'll change your room tomorrow?" Obviously, that was not a reasonable solution and I had to let her stay in my room. Of course when we tried to go to sleep in my room, there was a spider in my bed as well. Not only are the experiences bad, but the way the staff handles the situations makes them worse. We have decided we have given the Tribe all the chances we can and are not going to stay there again. The two positive things I will say is the spa/salon is excellent and some restaurant staff. It is unfortunate that the Tribe can not get it together because its location is excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've stayed here twice in the last year. Excellent overall accommodation. Great rooms, spa/gym very good. Breakfast buffet has good service and excellent cuisine.. WiFi is so-so, at times a weak signal and poor connectivity. Within 100 meters of a large mall; many restaurants, stores, entertainment. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel twice this year and will recommend to anyone looking for a quiet, upmarket hotel far from the city center. The interior design is superb, service fantastic and the hotel is at walking distance to the Village Market shopping center. Love it

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Tribe Hotel? Share your experiences!