“Nice hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tribe Hotel

You added Tribe Hotel to your Saves list
Tribe Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Limuru Road | The Village Market, Gigiri, Nairobi 00621, Kenya (Highridge)   |
Ranked #12 of 145 Hotels in Nairobi
Timisoara, Romania
“Nice hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed in Tribe hotel during an African trip, with a group of 22 people.
Hotel- a 5 stars look, very nice interior and fabulous paintings and statues. The food was delicious and the breakfast varied.
Unfortunately the check-in was performed in 3 hours! We booked the rooms in advance and payed for it, unfortunately we found out that 7 rooms were not available; some of my colleagues were forced to find another logement around.
Finally the problem was resolved with our embassy help.
Me and my husband received the last available room , on the ground floor and a broken window.
I did not felt very comfortable with the situation and asked for another one, than we find out that the hotel was fully overbooked for that night.
But the next day we received another 5 floor room, witch was better than the first one, so they solved the problem the next day.We felt very secure at the Tribe, a very important issue in Africa.
Kenya has wonderful attractions and fabulous landscapes and definitely worth a visit!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank IIoana

Dakar, Senegal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I am a frequent traveller who stays in quite a few hotels each year. I had to pay 50% extra for an early check-in, 6AM, but I am glad my room was ready and I could get to sleep after a long flight across Africa. I still woke up in time for the buffet breakfast. The cook made a two-egg omelet with vegetables for me and I swear it was the best omelet I've had in a long while. I needed to get my hair done and I booked an appointment with the spa. The stylist was professional and he did a great job of perming and cutting my hair. At the hour when staff arrives to turn down the bed, I was presented with a little box of chocolates. That night I treated myself to a ribeye steak dinner with new potatos and asparagus, and topped it off with tiramasu served in a deep glass. Because I had to leave very early the next morning, I was able to check out the night before and book their taxi to the airport. You are off the beaten path at this hotel, but it is also quiet and safe. It's pricey but I felt I got what I paid for.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Outlaw50
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The Tribe is one of our favorite properties in Kenya. From the exceptionally friendly and accommodating staff, who have been well trained in the philosophy of, "the customer is always right," to the amenities and dining, you will not be disappointed by the trendy, yet comfortable Tribe Hotel.

HIghlights: 1) Exceptional dining including first rate breakfast. From the omelette station to a wonderful selection of pastries, fruit, sushi (yes, sushi!) and meats, breakfast is a delight. The staff will also bring you lattes and cappuccinos from the coffee bar upstairs. 2) Gorgeous pool and outdoor dining area 3) Proximity to Village Market with its vast array of shops, restaurants and movie theater. The hotel is only a short walk away, which is very important if you do not have transportation. 4) Trendy bars - this is a great place for people watching

Minor drawbacks: The rooms are a little small, but well designed and comfortable. There is little closet or storage space, so be prepared to store most of your belongings in your suitcase. The internet is also a little spotty unless you are in the lobby. This can make it a little difficult if you need to work while staying at the hotel.

All in all, we always recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues visiting Nairobi and consider it one of our favorite hotels. The new manager, Michael Flint, is also extremely friendly and willing to do whatever is necessary to make your stay enjoyable. He assisted us in changing rooms during our stay and was very helpful.

Room Tip: The Tribe often hosts evening events by the pool. If you are interested in watching, pool side is gr...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bucketlisters202
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I spend my first 4 nights on a 3 week Kenya trip at the Tribe hotel. I arrived after midnight from a 24 hours of travel and simply wanted to sleep but my room has no power (the rest of the hotel did). Rather than switch my room I had to stay up a extra hour while a maintenance person worked on the fuse box. Despite that rough beginning - the service and accommodations were very- it is without a doubt a 5 star hotel in design. The architecture and art is lovely. I still think it is way over priced otherwise. My "junior suite" was tiny. Room looked out onto parking lot (there really aren't great other view options). I tried to book services at the spa twice but they had no openings any of the times I was interested in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank apritchard
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I don't wanna sound like I am exaggerating here; this hotel deserves a 6-star rating. It's one of the classiest, friendliest, and most convenient hotels I have stayed in in my life. The hotel is trendy; staff are super professional and friendly; and the food at the main restaurant is just amazing. It's clean, tidy, facilities are excellent, and the staff attend to your needs in a very personalized and efficient manner. One of the reasons I enjoyed my visit to Kenya was this hotel. I stayed for business and I wish I can bring my wife in the future to this hotel for a pleasure trip. don't hesitate and book here on your next trip to Kenya. One last note: the hotel is almost a walking distance from the UN camp if you're planning to come here on a business trip to the uptown district of Nairobi,

Room Tip: The hotel is surrounded by luch green areas from every angle so it doesn't make a difference whi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank YousefOmar
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

After arriving at the hotel at 4am after a very long international trip, we were pleasantly surprised at this amazing hotel. The staff were so friendly and accommodating the moment we arrived. They offered to prepare something for us in the kitchen if we were hungry and showed us to our room.

The room is small but perfect for what you need. Comfy beds, air conditioning, hot showers with good pressure. We were very happy. We wanted a place to be comfortable and get over our jet leg before heading on safari. Tribe more than met those expectations!

We were blown away with how friendly the staff were and how willing to help. The food is amazing! Breakfast is served buffet and there is something for everyone. We also had dinner at the hotel. The restaurant has great options, a little higher end menu, but with very reasonable pricing.

The Village Market is great if you want to venture out from the hotel but not go far. Live music, shopping and food. Enough to keep you entertained for an afternoon of evening.

We have decided to return to Tribe for our 2 nights before flying home and would not hesitate to suggest this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank ashgToronto
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have been to several hotels in Nairobi and this was the best one. IT's a unique design. I loved this hotel and my son did too. The room was very clean but a bit small and it was a bit noisy with the construction outside. Bathroom is beautiful and clean.
Common areas are warm and nice. The sealing is amazing. Bar is nice. I loved the spa. The Thai massage and the reflexology were the best I've ever had. Staff in the spa are very friendly.
It's a walking distance to Village Market. The Manager is very Professional and committed. I had lost my passport at the Village Market and it was at night but he managed to retrieve it from the Village Market. That was very efficient. I will definitely go back to this trendy and unique Hotel.

Room Tip: It's better to get rooms at higher floors to avoid noise in case there is construction.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family