“The Tribe. Great Nairobi hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tribe Hotel

You added Tribe Hotel to your Saves list
Tribe Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Limuru Road | The Village Market, Gigiri, Nairobi 00621, Kenya (Highridge)   |
Ranked #11 of 110 Hotels in Nairobi
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The Tribe. Great Nairobi hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I spend my first 4 nights on a 3 week Kenya trip at the Tribe hotel. I arrived after midnight from a 24 hours of travel and simply wanted to sleep but my room has no power (the rest of the hotel did). Rather than switch my room I had to stay up a extra hour while a maintenance person worked on the fuse box. Despite that rough beginning - the service and accommodations were very- it is without a doubt a 5 star hotel in design. The architecture and art is lovely. I still think it is way over priced otherwise. My "junior suite" was tiny. Room looked out onto parking lot (there really aren't great other view options). I tried to book services at the spa twice but they had no openings any of the times I was interested in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I don't wanna sound like I am exaggerating here; this hotel deserves a 6-star rating. It's one of the classiest, friendliest, and most convenient hotels I have stayed in in my life. The hotel is trendy; staff are super professional and friendly; and the food at the main restaurant is just amazing. It's clean, tidy, facilities are excellent, and the staff attend to your needs in a very personalized and efficient manner. One of the reasons I enjoyed my visit to Kenya was this hotel. I stayed for business and I wish I can bring my wife in the future to this hotel for a pleasure trip. don't hesitate and book here on your next trip to Kenya. One last note: the hotel is almost a walking distance from the UN camp if you're planning to come here on a business trip to the uptown district of Nairobi,

Room Tip: The hotel is surrounded by luch green areas from every angle so it doesn't make a difference whi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

After arriving at the hotel at 4am after a very long international trip, we were pleasantly surprised at this amazing hotel. The staff were so friendly and accommodating the moment we arrived. They offered to prepare something for us in the kitchen if we were hungry and showed us to our room.

The room is small but perfect for what you need. Comfy beds, air conditioning, hot showers with good pressure. We were very happy. We wanted a place to be comfortable and get over our jet leg before heading on safari. Tribe more than met those expectations!

We were blown away with how friendly the staff were and how willing to help. The food is amazing! Breakfast is served buffet and there is something for everyone. We also had dinner at the hotel. The restaurant has great options, a little higher end menu, but with very reasonable pricing.

The Village Market is great if you want to venture out from the hotel but not go far. Live music, shopping and food. Enough to keep you entertained for an afternoon of evening.

We have decided to return to Tribe for our 2 nights before flying home and would not hesitate to suggest this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have been to several hotels in Nairobi and this was the best one. IT's a unique design. I loved this hotel and my son did too. The room was very clean but a bit small and it was a bit noisy with the construction outside. Bathroom is beautiful and clean.
Common areas are warm and nice. The sealing is amazing. Bar is nice. I loved the spa. The Thai massage and the reflexology were the best I've ever had. Staff in the spa are very friendly.
It's a walking distance to Village Market. The Manager is very Professional and committed. I had lost my passport at the Village Market and it was at night but he managed to retrieve it from the Village Market. That was very efficient. I will definitely go back to this trendy and unique Hotel.

Room Tip: It's better to get rooms at higher floors to avoid noise in case there is construction.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bamako, Mali
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The service of the employees at the Tribe Hotel was of the best I have experienced. They dealt with every issue and request with genuine care and interest. They really seemed to care about teh customers.

The accommodation was excellent and the decor stunning. I would recommend the Tribe to anyone passing through Nairobi.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Geneva
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed here in November '12 for a 5-day business trip. I liked the design and style of the hotel. Staff was very friendly. The restaurant was nice with a decent choice for breakfast and dinner (no sickness on my side, despite trying out quite a bit :-)). The service in the restaurant was partly a bit slow though, so don't go if you are in a hurry...
I had a massage in the spa facilities, which was of very high quality and in a nice setting. The meeting rooms were very good as well. Each evening a staff member brought some chocolate to the room, which was of course a nice surprise! The downside was that the hotel is quite outside, so no matter where in Nairobi you wanna go, there is a long commuting involved. Right next to the hotel there was a big construction, but I didn't feel disturbed by it. There is also asmall shopping mall next to the hotel, but I didn't have time to visit.

Room Tip: I wouldn't necessarily choose the souterain rooms, though they are close to facilities (restaura...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This place is amazing. It is a nice mix of New York and Africa, which I never expected in Africa. Service was perfect, the meals were great and they even have a hamburger that I had to eat with a fork because it is so thick.

The swimming pool is very nice and there is a great area for children to watch movies.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Tribe Hotel? Share your experiences!